John Schlitt onstage with Head East?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
BForm
Pethead
Pethead

John Schlitt onstage with Head East?

Post by BForm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:46 am

Are you kidding me? How many times do we hear about how certain things will never happen and then they do?

http://www.iowarocknroll.com/inductee-d ... php?id=283
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Re: John Schlitt onstage with Head East?

Post by Jan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 am

I know! Amazing! I wonder if petheadeast has heard yet. He will be excited!
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am

What on this website gives you the idea that John would actually be attending this event? My money would say, NOT!
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:59 am

All I will say about this is that I asked John personally about this and at that time he said he was planning on attending and that it would be the first time he will see some of the guys since he left the band.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 pm

John should go for sure.
0 x

petheadeast123
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 2004

Post by petheadeast123 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Jan wrote:I know! Amazing! I wonder if petheadeast has heard yet. He will be excited!
Excited to say the least Jan!!! :) Amazing is right!
0 x

Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Masada1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Given the fact that John posted that link on his facebook along with the following text: "BIG NEWS: John Schlitt to Reunite with Head East during Iowa Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Induction Sept. 4 - Arnolds Park, IA. Sure to be a historical event, John will join the current Head East line-up on stage for a few of their most famous hits, including "Never Been Any Reason." This is the first time in more than 30 years that John has been on stage with the band." I would say there is a GOOD chance he'll be there. Good thing you are not a betting person, calico! :lol:
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Yes, John will be there AND will be singing a few songs with the band. It's NOT the start of a reunion and it's NOT John 'selling out' in case anyone starts thinking in that direction. His main focus is and always will be Jesus Christ and his new songs will be glorifying HIM - not the rock & roll way of life.

This was something Roger asked John to do, and he agreed. It won't be that huge of an affair, thought it WILL be for Head East fans (and Schlittheads too, really).

Anyone up for a road trip? I have a car of four going... possibly two more...
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Will John be singing the "Better than a white line" lyric? that would be awkward given what that means.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Well this sounds like a once off... I am there!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Enosh, I think that would be an ok thing to sing.. because to John, Dorla is better than a white line :) Enosh are you going to go?
0 x

petheadeast123
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petheadeast123 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Enosh wrote:Will John be singing the "Better than a white line" lyric? that would be awkward given what that means.
Daniel wrote:Enosh, I think that would be an ok thing to sing.. because to John, Dorla is better than a white line :) Enosh are you going to go?
I had this same thought for a split second Enosh and then immediately thought the same way Daniel did. "Woman with the sweet lovin', better than a white line" We all know that Dorla stuck with John through very hard times while he was addicted - it might seem like a stretch of the lyric to some, but really.. We know John can say without a DOUBT that "Wife with the sweet lovin... WAY better than that junk" - I don't think there's any problem with John singing that lyric - we all know he did cocaine in his past - and he can sure claim that theres many things much better than it. This is a great honor for the band - and its only right John be there.. anyone who knows how captivating John's voice and performing is knows that he was a huge part of this band's success.. and anyone who knows John would be silly to think that he's taking a step backwards or selling out.. It was John's Head East days that gave him the expierience he needed to do what he did in Petra and that ultimately brought him to the Lord.

I, as a Head East fan (and Schlitthead hehe) will be in attendance and am VERY excited.

-Stephen
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:58 pm

It was John's Head East days that gave him the expierience he needed to do what he did in Petra and that ultimately brought him to the Lord.
that's exactly what John said yeseterday....

TICKETS:
You MUST have a ticket to get in for Sun. night show. $30 general admission, or $40 reserved. They just opened up more reserved seats. If you want reserved - you should buy before Friday... they have 25 reserved available. http://www.iowarocknroll.com/events.php (the $15 tickets are for the INDUCTION. You want the SPECTACULAR)

RECORDING:
They (Hall of Fame) will be recording this professionally, both video and audio directly tied in to the board. DVDs will be for sale to anyone, at $50
each in about a month after the event.

HOTELS/ROOMS:
A pastor that hosted John a month ago has a bible camp/conference center in the same area that has cabins with 1 or 2 beds in them. Shower facilities, fridgerator, air conditioning... not sure about the TV. A mile away from the lake, and in close proximity to the venue. He's offering the cabins at a very decent cost....... so if anyone is interested in going, let me know for sure and I can see if he'll give the same price. There's no one at the conference center now, so we'd have our own private camp, so to speak.

Pethead Convention time, do you think?!
0 x

petheadeast123
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petheadeast123 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:07 pm

sue d. wrote:
It was John's Head East days that gave him the expierience he needed to do what he did in Petra and that ultimately brought him to the Lord.
that's exactly what John said yeseterday....
Eerie!! lol!
sue d. wrote: RECORDING:
They (Hall of Fame) will be recording this professionally, both video and audio directly tied in to the board. DVDs will be for sale to anyone, at $50
each in about a month after the event.
AWESOMEEEE!!!! I'll still bring my cam and stuff, but will actually get to sit back and enjoy this!! So Excited! Oh Sue, we were able to get out of our booking without quitting the band!! lol :) Wasn't easy, but our boss knew how big this was to us!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Excellent! I KNEW you'd find a way to get there... you've been talking about this kind of thing for YEARS.

BTW: the time Head East will be on stage is 11:30 p.m.

Yes, this will be a late one, folks. There are 8 other bands ahead of HE, so they will be the very last ones.
0 x