Italian Davi & Schlitt to release "Praise Ye the Lord"

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Italian Davi & Schlitt to release "Praise Ye the Lord"

Post by Preacherman777 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm

They don't have the option to do something like Kickstarter right now. Also, it's not an issue of whether or not songs have been written. As has been said, the guys are ready and willing to make an album, but right now, they can't. Anything beyond that will have to be addressed by the band.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:49 pm

sue d. wrote:p-freak wrote: "Bob and John have their own studios"

Actually, no. John does not own a studio - DAN NEEDHAM does.

Going back to the original post on the Praise Ye the Lord video:
It's been removed because:
I had a request from the Italians to take it off for now, because it was NOT the final video. Davi's files were hacked somehow, so this video was a test to see how it looked once they retrieved the damaged files. When it was uploaded, and the man who uploaded it forgot to set Youtube to 'private.'

So I'm asking anyone who has the video to remove it, including the Timon from Russia. Once the FINAL version comes out, everyone is welcomed to share.
Yes, I meant Classic Petra John, John L.

Boy, am I glad I downloaded the not-final-version from youtube as soon as I saw it. Now they need to make sure that the final version say PRAISE Ye The Lord instead of PRAYSE Ye The Lord.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Evrything that Preachereman is saying is true. I was able to sit down and talk with Bob Hartman, John Lawry and Dean Capone during their last three concerts in Florida this year and they confirmed the same information with me. I was also given some deatails that I have no right to discuss here, but in time the band will make a statement.

They toured for 2 years and released 2 CDs and one DVD. They have plans to release a new record but they also need a break, at least for Christmas time with family. Now there is another oportunity for Farewell Petra to come out and play, John Lawry has a busy schedule for 2013 in the studio, so they have to take turns.

I find it very silly that just because Bob would like to tour with John, then Brent asumes he is not willing to record with Classic Petra. What nonsense is that. Bob told me he was very happy with both versions of Petra, he just has to move to where he is needed at the moment.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Thank you. Now maybe a certain someone will stop harassing me over PMs and calling me a liar.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:56 pm

"Yes, I meant Classic Petra John, John L."

Sorry about that, p-freak. Thought you meant Schlitt.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:23 am

fcollazo wrote:I find it very silly that just because Bob would like to tour with John, then Brent asumes he is not willing to record with Classic Petra. What nonsense is that. Bob told me he was very happy with both versions of Petra, he just has to move to where he is needed at the moment.
I'll put it this way: I wouldn't expect Bob to say anything else.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:34 am

Mountain Man wrote:
fcollazo wrote:I find it very silly that just because Bob would like to tour with John, then Brent asumes he is not willing to record with Classic Petra. What nonsense is that. Bob told me he was very happy with both versions of Petra, he just has to move to where he is needed at the moment.
I'll put it this way: I wouldn't expect Bob to say anything else.

I think we all know Bob will not come out and blast anything or anybody in a public arena, so its not a surprise this is what has been said publicly.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:36 am

Here's the video - final version:

0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 am

Woah. I am not saying Bob is anti anyone or unwilling to do anything.

What I am saying is that Bob is smart and like everyone else has limited resources. If he had a blank check to do whatever he wants, I am sure he would fund both Petras and both tours. The only reason I could see Bob, John or anyone else walking away from Petra is a complete lack or money to continue, or some unresolvable interpersonal failure. Bob knows what Bob wants and wants to do. Not me. I just know how things go, based on historical evidence. If there is more demand for one band than the other, and one becomes unviable, my bet, my opinion, not Bobs, is that Classic Petra is done first and Bob will change gears. That is a pure speculation, based on what I have observed. Now, CP can most certainly continue. Maybe they will come out with something absolutely mind blowing. More power to 'em. But I think Bob will focus on the other band because I perceive more demand for John Schlitt and his Petra internationally. That is what I hear from people that used to sell Petra for labels, who currently sell in those markets, and from the evidence on youtube. The USA does not turn out for Petra shows the way that international fans do.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:29 am

fcollazo wrote:I find it very silly that just because Bob would like to tour with John, then Brent asumes he is not willing to record with Classic Petra.
Where did you get that?
1. Bob has never stopped playing with John Schlitt. Remember Two Guys? Remember the reunion shows? Remember they were/are friends, brothers, business partners in Petra? I have never said anything to the contrary.
2. I did not not say Bob is not willing to record with CP. My understanding from JL and GXV was that Bob was stoked about recording the last one, and liked making it more modern. See my post above for the rest.

Don't put words in my mouth please.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Brent, you said that you did not think Bob will record another CP CD unless they change their style. I never got that impression from Bob. Where do you get that idea from?

Exe, so you are saying Bob is not frank enough to call it like it is, and just pretended to like what he was doing for 2 years just to keep appearances? I think Bob would have quit a long time ago if that where the case.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 pm

fcollazo wrote:Brent, you said that you did not think Bob will record another CP CD unless they change their style. I never got that impression from Bob. Where do you get that idea from?

Exe, so you are saying Bob is not frank enough to call it like it is, and just pretended to like what he was doing for 2 years just to keep appearances? I think Bob would have quit a long time ago if that where the case.
The context of my statement was made in a conversation where people were wanting recreations of CITAS.

The whole purpose of re-recording the BTTR CD was to modernize the oldies. I believe, based on what I hear, that Bob wants to continue to do modern music. The purpose of BTTR was to show the world that they can still rock, and do so with a modern flare. Greg's mission was to recapture old fans that had fallen away from CCM and/or God. Back then, there wasn't time or agreement among the members to write material. There are a couple of songs out there that were written for the band. Greg brought one, Bob brought one, the rest was oldies.

Bob has stated to many people that he wants to pick up where J&H left off as well with that band.

I am just speculating, as a music type person, that Bob, like all other musicians, gets tired of re-living the past, and wants to move on. The BTTR was killer, I liked it. But another one like it will not sell. They need to progress. I just don't see how he would play more of the same oldies.

As for Bob playing something he didn't like...you are kidding yourself. Professional musicians, church musicians, bar bands, etc all play something they don't like, if that is what is desired and/or makes money. It happens in my church all of the time. We hate playing/singing some songs that other people like to hear. I can tell you from a musician's standpoint that stuff gets old, especially if they have grown and evolved past the conflict or experience that inspired the song to begin with. There have been musicians who have played in more successful bands than Petra for a pay check. Heck, look at Motley. They hate each other. They don't speak off stage. They don't travel together. They show up, do their thing, and get a check. I bet I could name 10 or 20 top acts with members punching the clock.

Exec is not saying Bob doesn't like it. Bob obviously does. You really need to read through what people say.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Ah, actually yeah, that is pretty much what Exe has said, that Bob was not happy with Classic Petra and doesn't want anything more to do with them. He's stated that very clearly to me anyway. Also, there has been no intention on the part of Classic Petra to do another re-recordings album, so I don't know where that's even coming from. If they do anything, it will be new.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Now I understand better Brent, when you said you were only "speculating". 8)
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Getting back on topic, I like the final video; good job. 8)
0 x