Last-minute addition: KANSAS CITY concer

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Last-minute addition: KANSAS CITY concer

Post by Kirkman » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Hey all, just passing along some info that was shared at PRMW's messageboard by Tim, the pastor of Caring First Church:

"Just last week, we booked Petra for their only stop in the Kansas City area. The concert is to be held on Wednesday, October 19, beginning at 6:00 PM in Saint Joseph.

Gobs of details and ticket information is available on our website:
www.caringfirst.org

Also, you can check out my personal blog: www.timwoody.blogspot.com"
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Louie?

Post by brent » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:23 pm

SWEET! I am in. Right up the street so-to-speak from me!

This is what it says:

After 33 years of groundbreaking music and ministry, Christian rock pioneer Petra has announced that its ministry is coming to a close. The Petra Farewell World Tour will make one appearance in the Kansas City area at Caring First Church in Saint Joseph, Missouri on Wednesday, October 19 at 6:00PM (doors open at 5:00PM). Be a part of history with band members John Schlitt, Bob Hartman, Louie Weaver and more, as they perform in their final live concert in the Kansas City area.
Click here for more information!

So now the question is...is that a misprint or correct about Louie?
0 x

ErioL
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ErioL » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:32 pm

Methinks its a misprint.
0 x

Tim
Pethead
Pethead

Message From the Promotor

Post by Tim » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:47 pm

ErioL wrote:Methinks its a misprint.
No Typo...No misprint. :D
It's me...Tim...I am the promoter of the concert. And we're gonna have an incredible night.

Here are more details as posted on the "Events" page of my church website: http://www.caringfirst.org

"Opening for Petra are bands Farewell June, Bread of Stone, and the hot new European artist Sarah Brendel. The concert will begin promptly at 6:00PM in The Summit building at Caring First Church, located at the intersection of Mitchell Avenue and Riverside Road, (5401 Mitchell Avenue) in Saint Joseph.

Concert tickets are available beginning Thursday, October 6 from the Caring First Church offices until sold out. Call 816.279.6422 weekdays between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, stop by the CFC offices, or purchase tickets prior to or following a regularly scheduled service. Ticket purchases may be made with cash, Visa or MasterCard. Tickets must be purchased for admission to the concert.

Advance Tickets (Available Thursday, October 6 � Tuesday, October 18, while supplies last)
Fifteen dollars per seat
Ten dollars per person standing, no chair (carnival seating)

Advance Group Tickets (10 or more) (Available Thursday, October 6 � Tuesday, October 18, while supplies last)
Thirteen dollars per seat
Nine dollars per person standing, no chair (carnival seating)

Day of Tickets (if available)
Twenty dollars per seat
Fifteen dollars per person standing, no chair (carnival seating)

The concert will be held in the Summit Auditorium on the campus of Caring First Church. This Summit boasts of a one-of-a-kind concert auditorium, with a game room packed with complimentary games, the Revolution Caf� and the unique Oasis CoffeeHouse. The band Switchfoot noted that The Summit was one of their favorite venues for a concert. The Summit opens at 5:00PM, so come early, secure your seats, enjoy the concessions and play games prior to and during the concert.

This is your last chance to see Petra live, in concert! Create a great, lasting memory for you and your friends at CFC on Wednesday, October 19.

WIN Bob Hartman's PETRA 33 Guitar!!
As many Petra fans are aware, Bob Hartman has been designing and building his own guitars for years now, and he has designed a commemorative guitar for Petra's 33 years of ministry called "Petra 33." This guitar features a pick guard with a collage of all Petra's studio album covers. This guitar will be given away in a special drawing during the concert. The winner will be called onto the stage to be presented with this amazing gift by Petra. Photographs will be taken with Petra on stage and the audience behind you making for one incredible memory. Special tickets for this drawing will be available at the entrance to The Summit on the night of the concert for Two Dollars. There is no limit to how many tickets may be purchased for this once-in-a-lifetime drawing."
0 x

Tim
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tim » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:02 am

Yesterday afternoon, FedEx delivered the Bob Hartman's Petra 33 Guitar that we're giving away at the concert. It is too cool. I have some staff members who are drooling over it!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:17 am

What about Louie?

Louie has declined to play with band for the DVD. How did you guys pull that off?
0 x

Tim
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tim » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:36 am

One of my staff members told me he was coming, as mentioned in promotional material.

I'll double-check on Monday to see if it's truly legit.
0 x

PJ
Pethead
Pethead

No Louie

Post by PJ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:02 am

Louie will not be there, anyway Paul Simmons is increible, a wonderful brother in the Lord and seriously one of the most incredible drummers I have ever seen in all the years and shows I have promoted. You will not be let down by Paul, I have seen Petra at least 17 times and these two shows I saw this weekend were the best.
0 x

Tim
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tim » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:27 am

No Louie...confirmed yesterday. Sorry for the misinformation. We're correcting our publicity now.
0 x

Tim
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tim » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:17 pm

We are selling more and more tickets each and every day!! :D

Have any of you have been to a recent concert with Petra, Sarah Brendel, Bread of Stone, and Farewell June?

How long did it last? What was your experience?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:04 am

I am there. I ordered mine over the phone this morning.
0 x

Tim
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tim » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:20 am

brent wrote:I am there. I ordered mine over the phone this morning.
Cool! Be sure to introduce yourself to me at the concert. I'll be the guy acting like he's in charge.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:59 pm

I'll be the tall guy in black, sweating and out of breath, cause I will be sprinting and speeding (cramming a 45 min. drive into 20) from Church of the Resurrection in Leawood. Wednesday is traditional service rehearsal. What time does Petra actually hit the stage? Where is the will-call window?

Thanks.
Brent Handy
913-393-3167 Home
913-544-0237 Church

Any freaks call me, and I will hunt you down and plastic wrap your car.
0 x

PJ
Pethead
Pethead

PJ

Post by PJ » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:44 pm

How many have you presold?
0 x

Tim
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tim » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:16 pm

brent wrote:I'll be the tall guy in black, sweating and out of breath, cause I will be sprinting and speeding (cramming a 45 min. drive into 20) from Church of the Resurrection in Leawood. Wednesday is traditional service rehearsal. What time does Petra actually hit the stage? Where is the will-call window?

Thanks.
Brent Handy
913-393-3167 Home
913-544-0237 Church

Any freaks call me, and I will hunt you down and plastic wrap your car.
We are starting the concert @ 6PM since it's a weeknight, but since there are THREE opening bands...who knows?!?! At this time, we're guessing that Petra will take the stage at about 8:00-8:30PMish...

Go into the front, upper level entrance of The Summit building. You will see the Petra banner on the front of The Summit.

Once inside, you'll see the will-call table. There will be some bright, shining faces eager to answer any questions you may have upon arrival.

I'm sure you've already been on the church website, but if you need driving directions, etc, it's all on our "Events Page" http://www.caringfirst.org/events.html

For more details on The Summit building, go to our "Youth Page" http://www.caringfirst.org/revolutions.html

See ya at the concert!!
0 x