Night of Joy Tonight on Hallmark

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Night of Joy Tonight on Hallmark

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:39 pm

Anybody who has the Hallmark channel, this is a reminder to watch on 1/1 at 10pm the Night of Joy concerts from 2003.
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

NOJ

Post by Shell » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:04 pm

For those of you on the west coast, it's coming on now. LOL.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:27 pm

30 minutes to go and we've only heard a small 10 second clip. And a short interview w/ Bob Hartman and band. We need more!
0 x

nightofjoy
Pethead
Pethead

night of joy misfortune

Post by nightofjoy » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:01 pm

It was unfortunate that hallmark failed to show any of the two concerts performed in september. However, if you would like to see some of it you can check it out here. http://nightofjoy2000.tripod.com/video.htm

Tyler
0 x

Outcast4him
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Outcast4him » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:01 pm

Petrapraise wrote:30 minutes to go and we've only heard a small 10 second clip. And a short interview w/ Bob Hartman and band. We need more!
Thats all we're going to get, I've very upset.
0 x

velomir
Pethead
Pethead

Hallmark channel

Post by velomir » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:04 pm

yea, I TIVOed it for nothing, got a short clip was it. Michael W Smith was good though
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Yeah

Post by Shell » Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:13 pm

That really stinks. :P
0 x

Outcast4him
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Outcast4him » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:59 am

Outcast4him wrote:
Petrapraise wrote:30 minutes to go and we've only heard a small 10 second clip. And a short interview w/ Bob Hartman and band. We need more!
What was Bob talking about when he mentioned something about the magical experience in the castle at Disney World....Where was Jesus in all of this

I mean Disney of all places..

I mean i'm all for Christians reaching out to the lost...But stay firm and stop talking about the magic stuff..like Stacie Orrico..
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Hallmark

Post by Shell » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:22 am

They may not have had a lot of control over what went on that night and what they were able to say in that short time. Don't make assumptions. :)
Last edited by Shell on Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

TerryB
Pethead
Pethead

Night of Bummer

Post by TerryB » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:10 am

Well I watched it for nothing. My wife asked if I was going to tape it and I said "no, I think I will stay up and watch it to see Petra". I should have taped it. I wouldn't have wasted 2 hrs.

On a side note, I wonder how many of the artists/vocalists would have been happy with the recorded mix they had on the TV. Many of the vocal levels when there were multiple singers were not matched and it also sounded like just a straight vocal mix without any reverb. It's obviously not what an attendee hears live because for one most environements naturally have some reverb and also because the live audio engineer/tech generally adds some reverb to fill out the vocal and hide some "irregularities". Same thing for studio recordings. Hallmark or whoever did the recording did not spend much time if any at all on doing a mix down on the show. That's a shame.

"Naked" vocals like what we heard on that show really "unmasks" certain performer's voices. I cringed a bit with M W Smith and Rebecca S James as neither is considered vocal talents per se and this showed why. That doesn't take away that they are great artists, especially writers and performers. The singer from Salvador sounded excellent and so did Yolonda Adams. Notice all the vocal reverb is Stacie Oricio performance? That makes me wonder if it was mostly a tracked vocal and she was lip synching. Even my wife asked if I thought she was lip synching after hearing all the reverb in Stacie O's and the her BVG's on at least one song. It wouldn't surprise me even though I think she has a good voice.

TerryB
0 x

Outcast4him
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Hallmark

Post by Outcast4him » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:25 pm

Shell wrote:They may not have had a lot of control over what went on that night and what they were able to say in that short time. Don't make assumptions. :)
Explain to me please how should I take it. Disney Corporation has shown itself to be a very anti-Christian company. I know there are alot of them out there. What disney has been pushing to family's and kids is disgusting. Witchcraft, paganism.

What they should have been talking about as some did was the Joy Jesus brings
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

NOJ

Post by Shell » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:44 pm

I understand it should be about Jesus, but you're assuming the guys have a lot of say so about what happens when something like this is being put together, and that's not necessarily so, especially with a secular venue like Disney World. It's pretty much the call of the promoter or producer or whoever is putting the thing together.

He may have said something about Jesus and it may have been cut while they were editing the show for all we know. That's why I say don't make assumptions. :)

I was actually glad to see them at all, although it was too short. :)
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:01 pm

Yes, it was very short, but at least it was something.

There is much editing going on in any type of media, so who knows how much more was said by Bob that was cut and tossed on the floor?

I'm glad the band at least made an appearance, short though it was.

NighofJoy, could we link to your site off of jws.com so others could see the videos? or will that blow out your bandwidth?

Maybe we could host them or mirror them... let me know - drop me an email, OK?

[email protected]
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Petrapraise » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:03 pm

Don't go judging Night of Joy unless you have been. Each artist is at a different stage at Disney. They can perform anything they want and say anything they want. Most perform their normal concert set. Every artist was good, its just a shame they didn't show more Petra. This Hallmark show was not sponsored by Disney. I think its great Disney does this once a year. Its a great chance to see an artist that you might not otherwise get a chance to see.
0 x

petra4ever
Pethead
Pethead

Who was that Clive fellow?

Post by petra4ever » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:04 pm

I think that's the name of that artist that I've never even heard of?
This is disgusting that all they showed of Petra was a short piece of interview Bob, with the rest of the band standing by, and a short part of a concert with just instrumentals of "Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows" (correct me if I'm wrong) just before John came up to the mic to sing.
0 x