Night of Joy Tonight on Hallmark

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Outcast4him
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Outcast4him » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:58 pm

Petrapraise wrote:Don't go judging Night of Joy unless you have been. Each artist is at a different stage at Disney. They can perform anything they want and say anything they want. Most perform their normal concert set. Every artist was good, its just a shame they didn't show more Petra. This Hallmark show was not sponsored by Disney. I think its great Disney does this once a year. Its a great chance to see an artist that you might not otherwise get a chance to see.
I can make whatever comments I'd like to about Night of Joy, thank you very much. I enjoyed some of the performers. I just didnt like what some of them said about Disney World..I have the right not to like what some of them said..They are Christians, not perfect, I know, but I dont want them to sell out to disney. I know there is editting involved.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

NOJ

Post by Shell » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:43 am

It's unfair to assume that they're "selling out to Disney" when you don't know what might have been lost in editing. There's a lot involved in putting something like that together for TV.

I think Disneyland's a good way for people to hear these bands too. I'm just sorry there wasn't more Petra. :P I thought Yolanda Adams and Salvador did a good job. :)
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:40 pm

Say what what you want Mr. Defensive; I just don't believe they are "selling out to Disney". I personally like Disney. You can't go to too many places and be able to say what these artists said on stage. I'd be fired from work if I did. No place is pefect. Petra is struggling enough as is, so I believe it was good for them to get more exposure and money to continue on. I don't think Petra would attend if they didn't think it would help their ministry (Quote from John, "We hope we can attend again next year"). This is about their fourth time doing it so I think they would know.

There again you can say what you want. :)
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

nightofjoy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by nightofjoy » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:15 pm

The very short clip on Petra was interesting but I would have at least liked to have heard one full song. At least Petra did get a little airtime as other groups such as the O.C. Supertones, Switchfoot, Nicole C Mullen, Downhere, Racheal Lampa, and ZOEgirl recieved little to no coverage what so ever. I would have loved to hear at least one song from each of these groups instead of some of the multiple songs from certain performers. At least during the last time I know that Night of Joy was on televsivison in 1993 on both the Family Channel and on Trinity Braodcasting network all of the groups that were there that year had at least two songs each presented to the viewing audience. Also, Bob's comments about Disney were partially in reference to the fact that they were one of the first bands to perform at Night of Joy back in 1983. Petra has performed at least 7 times since Night of Joy started.
0 x

TexMetal4JC
Pethead
Pethead

Disney = the Beast?

Post by TexMetal4JC » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:08 am

Outcast4him wrote:I can make whatever comments I'd like to about Night of Joy, thank you very much. I enjoyed some of the performers. I just didnt like what some of them said about Disney World..I have the right not to like what some of them said..They are Christians, not perfect, I know, but I dont want them to sell out to disney. I know there is editting involved.
I don't understand the whole anti-Disney thing... Sure, I can see being upset about their having a gay day and all. But really, since they have a Christian night, doesn't it mean Disney is just doing what every secular, money-making company in this country has the right to do - market itself to various audiences in the hopes of getting some of them back into the park at other times of the year?

Anyway, I can't see Petra as "selling out" to anybody - at least not in terms of message. I haven't gone to the shows there, but I bet even at Disney they did an altar call.
0 x
-Paul Anthony
http://ramblingjournalist.blogspot.com
------------------------------------------
"As the sunlight sets the clouds aflame
Do you not gaze in wonder at how they became?"
-Tourniquet
------------------------------------------

nightofjoy
Pethead
Pethead

Post by nightofjoy » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:28 pm

Just to correct what someone else posted, Disney does not sponser gay day but does sponser Night of Joy. Gay day is concieved by an outside group and due to certain laws Disney cannot keep any group out of its park without a criminal reason.

Also, although I am sure Petra would have liked to make an alter call, Disney does prohibit that practice and there was not one done there. However, Disney's competitor Universal Studios puts on a similiar festival Rock the Universe during the same weekend as Dosney's Night of Joy. Universal does allow alter calls, includes nationally known speakers in addition to the bands, and closes their event will a candlelight prayer ceremony.
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Disney

Post by Corval » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:00 am

I really think Disney are secular and I understand they go to ant-Christiam cause there a lot of things that I do not known. We have heard about they get involved with bad things. The disney films show this.

Bu i think Petra describes with few words what they do that.

That It was incridible and it s all.

I continue believe in PETRA
0 x
Be happy