HELP!!!!!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
callbeyond
Pethead
Pethead

HELP!!!!!!!

Post by callbeyond » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Anybody....I NEED THE TRACK for NO DOUBT...LIKE NOW...as in yesterday!!! Anybody have it I can download??? HELP!!!!!
0 x
God Bless!
Taking The Call,
Kevin Barnett
www.callbeyondmusic.com
"NO DEFIANCE....JUST GOD RELIANCE!"

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:49 am

Tisk, tisk.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:52 am

Sorry... I don't sing and don't have tracks. Sam probably does... she'll be coming to town today, but I doubt if she'll have that with her.
0 x

petrafreak2009
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrafreak2009 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Just buy it off iTunes, or get it off of LimeWire.
0 x
[img]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/emjpro/EMJProductions.jpg[/img]

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:31 pm

I wouldn't use Limewire. The big bad boogie men in the RIAA are going after it. There have been many Limewire users sued. Limewire will soon be a network like Napster. No more freebies and stealing. Look for the roll-out sometime this year.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Yeah the programming in Limewire is in mostly Java and has lots of bugs in it letting a virus with a song name you searched for to be downloaded. The RIAA is cracking down on some inderviduals that download songs from software like Limewire; these are extreme cases, inderviduals that have downloads 30,000 plus songs etc.. for the cash in had jobs like DJing at a weedings events etc.

Now all they have to deal with is Torrents, as every Petra album is on there.

I don't think they will have much luck there.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:39 pm

I think they will. Germany is hot on the trail.

Pretty soon though, we will be a society that no longer needs to store any music. There is a movement to have music of all genres and all sample, bit, compression forms distributed and broadcast to phones, players, etc. No more need to worry about the legals. No need to store it if it is available on demand, any time and any where.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:46 pm

That just wont work Brent
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 pm

I think it might.

It is wanted by many artists, who wish to do away with the RIAA, the old school business model, etc. There isn't a consumer out there that is benefited by or is appreciative of the RIAA. The artists want to "main-line" music to the people, and not have to pay off the industry that is a fraud. The people at large are not buying subscription services as expected. HD Radio isn't doing as well as expected. Heck, even HD DVD isn't doing well. People do not want to buy more gear to do what they already do, unless it is out of convenience.

If iTunes goes into broadcasting (and they are) music in this format, it is all over. They sell more music than anyone else on the planet, and they do not account for every tune sold when quoting album sales. Anything above 10 tunes on an album is not factored in.

Let's assume that Yahoo (which is the world's largest music site) goes retail and is all inclusive of everyone and everything. That is happening right now. They will give iTunes a run for the money. Yahoo was also one of the companies to buy "White Space" frequencies that used to divide and protect analog TV stations. Analog is going away, white space is no longer needed. Word is, they will be releasing some new broadcast device. Hmmmm. It might be what I am talking about. Hmmm. The worlds largest music site, one of the worlds best search engines, retail, digital/wireless units....makes you wonder.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Valid points.. but if something can be seen, heard or streamed it can be recorded, stored, encoded & shared.

I don't agree with piracy, it goes back to the days when people made mixed cassettes or copied VHS to VHS cassette which funny enough was little over ten years ago.

HD Radio is by large useless, unless it's transmitted so a car audio system can receive the signal, this isn't available here; no doubt it's in the states?

As far as the future of media formats, I wouldn't have guessed when I was a kid that it would be anything like it is today.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Yes, you COULD record, but the idea is that because we will have instant access to anything we want at anytime, we will be building playlists instead of recording and storing on our devices. So, there will be no reason to record.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Yes but it wont be free, hence storage and sharing.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:21 pm

danielaussie wrote:Yes but it wont be free, hence storage and sharing.
The models that I am reading about call for free. Initially not all of them will be. There will be a transition away from paying for music. Heck, we aren't far away from that now with artists making 8 to 10 cents per CD and less than that for downloads.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:33 pm

If music is not paid for, then how is this going to save the industry?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:16 am

danielaussie wrote:If music is not paid for, then how is this going to save the industry?
The current model isn't working. Consumers are paying for some music, but artists on one of the big five labels are not making any. Artists only make real money bu touring. Many artists are going indie to sell less CDs, make more, and play smaller shows.

Touring is not paying what it did, as there are more venues, more choices and less quality than ever. Combine that with the decreasing amount of discretionary income in the average household.

So, there are many things in the air right now. People are nopt sure how the artist will make their money, while still having artistic freedom, and ownership of the music.

All that I know is what companies are developing technology-wise, and who is buying the white space to use it. I watch both with great concern because of the artist/band issues, but more than that, this is turning the wireless microphone, communication and personal monitoring upside down and and sideways.

The government is on it's way to making most of the wireless mic and monitor systems obsolete and illegal. Many systems in the 700 band have been mae illegal and removed from the market already. There are major markets like New York, where wireless is a crap shoot on a daily basis. Many churches, the sport industries, networks, theaters, etc will be throwing away existing systems because of the sale of their unregulated, under-one-watt-air space.

Sorry, got side tracked. Anyway, I don't know that it will save the indusrty, because who knows how the artist will make money? But the infrastructure is in place, technology is developed, and the old analog business model does not work for the digital world.
0 x