Petra Show Ticket Sales

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

well

Post by epdc » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:10 am

This is just my opinion, you don´t have to be agree with it but I believe once you become a public figure there´s stuff you gotta do that if you were a regular dude you wouldn´t have to.

I believe that if you are a public figure or a role model like the petra band members are, when you say no to something, you are not just saying no to the person asking you to but to tons and tons of people.

I would understand that someone would be like No if this performance thing would mean to do a tour but it is just a one night thing, and yes, I´m aware of the rehearsals time and having to spend time with people you have problems with, but there´s a difference between personal and professional. I have had to deal with people I have like hated at work but I take the attitude of "you know what? we are not friends anymore, I would prefer not talking to you but since we are at the same work schedule right now, I´ll be nice to you and we both will work hard in our job and all we do together will be a professional matter."

Look, come on, this 5 members spent years of their lives together and mostly (i want to believe) are happy memories, at least good enough memories, I think it is inmature to just close your mind and say "I don´t wanna work with this person EVER AGAIN" after working for many years and having a good relationship.

But ya know what? ok, honestly I prefer this never happens than seeing it and knowing that this member did it against his wishes and in a bad attitude. If Petra´s one points is ministering it wouldn´t work that way...

I agree with Jason, I don´t think there´s anything wrong and giving our points of view, even though they might sound like we are "judging" Petra members. I do not know specifically the history of every band member but I know enough to be aware that some of them have behaved badly in the past and you know what? WHO CARES?, they are not perfect, we know that. And acting like they are perfect just makes things worse. If we think they are wrong with something, there´s free speech and we can talk about it.

I´m sure Sue tries to avoid we talk bad about the band and start negative discussions though I don´t think there´s anything wrong with that. Once you become a public figure you have to deal with that.This message board supposes to give us a place where we can talk freely about what do we think. If I think John is a ... LOL you should respect my opinion hehehehe just kidding, I love John.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:46 am

separateunion, when did I ever jump in and act like you all are off your rockers?

You made a statement (as if it were fact) that one Petra member was not living by Biblical principles and assuming he was not forgiving another member because he didn't want to play with this particular line-up again. I responded by showing ANOTHER example STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BIBLE of a man who refused to work with another. A fitting analogy, in my mind. NOT a defense of John.

Did I ever say it was JOHN who was the holdout? No, I didn't. I honestly don't know WHO all Brent talked to, or who said no. For all I know it was Louie... or Bob... or Ronnie... I have no clue.

I haven't talked to Brent or John or anyone about it at all because truthfully - it's none of my business. This was between Brent and the Petra members he was trying to put together again.

And if one member doesn't want to play with the others -- we can gripe and complain and question their motives, but in the final analysis - it's THEIR decision, not ours. And we need to respect their freedom to choose, whether we agree with the choice or not.
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Edward » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:37 am

People sure do like to over spiritualise things. We can be Christians and not see eye to eye. It is alright.

Have you ever been to a restaurant with a hot date, or some other important person, where the dining experience was tainted by poor service, poor food quality or a spilled plate of food in your lap? The manager likely came and kissed your rear, covered the tab and said he was sorry, but it killed the moment, the romance, and you never stopped thinking about what could have been had things gone smoothly. Same thing with a band. No matter who kisses rump and says their sorry, the magic is lost, the good is overshadowed by the bad, and that finds it's way into the music. Few bands recover from feuding and the stresses of success.

There are also some types of people that have moved on and they would not go back to whatever they were doing before. They grew tired of it and the people associated with it, they no longer want to be a part of it, seasons changed. Big deal. That doesn't make them anti-Christian. There are hundreds of older Christian artists, athletes, whatever that no longer do what they did, work a real job or ministry job in a church, and they are fine with it.

The music business is what it is, the business of SELLING music. Everyone in the music business has an expiration date. If musicians do not make good music that people will pay for, they get the boot. People in ministry have expiration dates. If ministry people do not live right, they lose their testimony and effectiveness. So, Christian Music Business is a double whammy, twice as hard, one sixteenth of the size of secular rock. It has eaten and screwed the minds and souls of good people since it's inception. Some people would rather not shake hands with the devil anymore.
0 x
People are returning to God by leaving the church.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

There is a difference between forgiveness and reconciliation that many people seem to misunderstand. We're told to forgive. We're NOT told we have to be buddy-buddy, work with or hang out with whoever it is we need to forgive. It's quite possible to forgive someone and not hang out with them, and sometimes it's better for people not to work with or hang out with each other.

Reconciliation is something that requires effort on the part of more than one person; forgiveness is an individual thing. And as Sue said, the decision to have a reunion concert is theirs, not ours.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:24 pm

People in the public eye get way to much flak, they are human. I guess we all sometimes forget that.
0 x

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:54 pm

When I read this interview last year, it pretty much sounded to me like John was not interested in doing a "dream team" reunion.

"We are seeing so many bands have successful reunions like The Police, Van Halen, Genesis, etc. I and many Petra fans would be curious if you’d ever consider doing a reunion with the Petra line-up of 88-92(Cates, Hartman, Schlitt, Lawry, Weaver).

Here’s what Ronny Cates said about a reunion with that lineup.
I would, without a shadow of doubt, be very interested in being a part of that lineup again. It would be an honor.

John, I ask you the same question would you be interested in doing a reunion with that lineup yourself?
As much as I would love to see it that won’t happen. Since Ronny left things have changed. We’re all doing different things these days. I’m not saying never because nothing is never. I just can’t believe that it would ever happen.
For me I’d love to be a part of the last Petra line-up from the farewell tour. That could happen because we left with the option of always doing something to further the body of Christ."

Of course, John may not be the only one that feels that way, but I think that sums up his feelings on the subject.

I just appreciate them for all they did and for the great memories I have of them!
0 x
www.myspace.com/angetims

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 pm

It really depends on what type of reunion really, one where the guys decide to reunite themselves (unlikely) or one where the money is produced to form the classic line up from 88 to 93... this by all means is possible and in the works.

I think Petra has been off the scene long enough that people really want to see that classic lineup again. I don't think you would find a single person (with the exception of some band members) who don't want to see this happen.

This reunion will be the send off that the band should have had, not the crappy farewell dvd (lets face it, it was crap) and thank these guys for the help they gave us when we were kids through the spirit inspired lyrics.
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Video Promo for Reunion?

Post by Edward » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Well, well, well what the.....there is a video promo
http://petrabandreunion.blogspot.com/

News of a reunion has hit petrarocksmyworld.com too:
http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/yabbse ... pic=1136.0
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Problems?

Post by JMBJR72 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:30 pm

I never knew their were problems with Ronnie & John. I hear the problem of John & Louie.

I feel who ever is the hold out could reslove there issues and do it for the fans. Thats how what they are today!

If done right, a reunion concert could even turn into a tour. A lot of reunion startout small and grow into huge concerts look how big Petra is outside of the US.
0 x

Edward
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Problems?

Post by Edward » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 pm

JMBJR72 wrote:I never knew their were problems with Ronnie & John. I hear the problem of John & Louie.

I feel who ever is the hold out could resolve there issues and do it for the fans. Thats how what they are today!

If done right, a reunion concert could even turn into a tour. A lot of reunion startout small and grow into huge concerts look how big Petra is outside of the US.
A tour? Really? With 100 people showing up at each show?
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 pm

I find it a little hard to believe there would be a tour, maybe some appearances with enough interest, but not likely
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:00 pm

sue d. wrote:separateunion, when did I ever jump in and act like you all are off your rockers?
Every time we've questioned John's performances on TBN or anything else where we've said "I'm not sure that this is something that John should be doing."
You made a statement (as if it were fact) that one Petra member was not living by Biblical principles and assuming he was not forgiving another member because he didn't want to play with this particular line-up again.
Actually, I made a general statement that wasn't aimed at anyone and I see nothing incorrect about the statement. I was responding to a seeming belief that Christians who aren't perfect are not really Christians at all, when the truth is, none of us are perfect.

Do you know that Petra members have forgiven each other? There have been a lot of rumors floating around about the inner turmoil the band was experiencing, including why Ronnie left the band and the break between John and Louie. Brent's post seemed to indicate that there were still hard feelings between certain members. Now, maybe you know something we don't and it's not necessarily John's job to come out and tell us exactly what is going on, but until he does, these rumors will persist.
Did I ever say it was JOHN who was the holdout?
I never did either. In fact, I assumed that it WASN'T John. I said that any time there is any perceived sleight towards John/Petra, you defend him unnecessarily.
And if one member doesn't want to play with the others -- we can gripe and complain and question their motives, but in the final analysis - it's THEIR decision, not ours. And we need to respect their freedom to choose, whether we agree with the choice or not.
I'm not upset about it. Others may be. I was willing to chip in money and attend if I could, but I'm not losing any sleep over it not happening.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

Daniel

Post by epdc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 am

EXCUSEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE But I love the farewell DVD LOL!!!!, maybe because I was there and the whole experience is what I loved...though I gotta admit I would have loved to have seen Ronnie and Louie there.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

reunion?

Post by JMBJR72 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:28 am

I would like to know who started the thread on petrarocksmyworld. to the according we should expect a reunion.

I emailed Bob regarding official word issue and no response.

Sue, could ask John for official word on issue.

We the fans should get something!

Until then this could on!!
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Re: Video Promo for Reunion?

Post by cvs2kids » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:23 am

Edward wrote:Well, well, well what the.....there is a video promo
http://petrabandreunion.blogspot.com/

News of a reunion has hit petrarocksmyworld.com too:
http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/yabbse ... pic=1136.0
Not exactly the most reliable source of info.

Time will, tell, patience is a virtue and any other old saying that fits here.

From my perspective, if they added a second guitar and/or keys, it would sound great. Just adding Kevin Brandow to the current line-up would go a long ways.
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.