John Elefante - New Album

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:52 pm

sue d. wrote:Queer day of silence? They have to be quiet the whole day to show support of the gays? What??!!
Not exactly. If it's what I think it is, it's more of a gay pride day. When I was in college, a certain day every fall semester, they had a gay pride day and gays were encouraged to wear a red shirt to "come out" for the day or whatever. I didn't know what was going on until one of my friend's told me, and I just happened to be wearing a red t-shirt that day...
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:22 am

No, it IS a day of silence in support of homosexuality. The schools also do it for drunk driving and one other thing. On the flip side, my daughter participates in a non-school sponsored pro=life day of silence.

The schools are freaked out about supporting anything, so they let people go in silence rather that deal with the banners, speeches, etc.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:20 am

I did some digging on this, and it's actually tied in to a CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION!

Get this:

The resolution:
H.Con.Res.92

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That Congress--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

(1) supports the goals and ideals of the National Day of Silence;

(2) requests that the President issue a proclamation calling on the people of the United States to observe the National Day of Silence with appropriate ceremonies, programs, and activities;

(3) encourages each State, city, and local education authority to adopt laws and policies to prohibit name-calling, bullying, harassment, and discrimination against students, teachers, and other school staff regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, so that the Nation’s schools are institutions where all individuals are able to focus on learning.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-hc92/text

-------------

Congressional Resolution 92 will receive an up-or-down vote on or before April 17, which is the National Day of Silence — a day when students across America are encouraged to show their support for the homosexual community by refusing to speak.

The Day of Silence is the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network's (GLSEN) annual day of action to protest the bullying and harassment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) students and their supporters. Students take a day-long vow of silence to symbolically represent the silencing of LGBT students and their supporters.

The Day of Silence has been held each year in April since 1996. The 2009 Day of Silence will be held on April 17.

The resolution seeks to affirm congressional support for the event and encourage local education authorities to adopt policies that prevent bullying based on sexual orientation. Laurie Higgins is the director of the division of school advocacy with the Illinois Family Institute (IFI).

“It requests that the president issue a proclamation calling on the people of the United States to observe the National Day of Silence with appropriate ceremonies, programs, and activities,â€
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Sue, one more time, please.

Sounds more like a National Day to STFU.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Eh, if someone is dumb enough to not talk the whole day and think they are somehow supporting gay rights, it's no skin off my back. Not sure how they're supposed to interact in class, though. Are they going to walk around with a little marker board?
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:22 am

Jonathan wrote:Sue, one more time, please.

Sounds more like a National Day to STFU.
LOL
0 x

Tutor_23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor_23 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 pm

what is STFU?
0 x
"Never surrender. Never, never surrender!"
- Sir Winston Churchill

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:43 am

Tutor_23 wrote:what is STFU?
Shut The F*** Up
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Tutor_23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor_23 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:54 am

Ah... I should've figured that one out.
Thanks for enlightening me... I think.
0 x
"Never surrender. Never, never surrender!"
- Sir Winston Churchill

lucianotaz
Pethead
Pethead

Mastedon 3 - (John Elefante) update and samples

Post by lucianotaz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 am

http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/mastedon-3.html

From www.johnelefante.com:

"It's a Jungle Out There", has been remastered, and will soon be released. As a part of the remastering, John has included 3 bonus cuts as well. "
0 x

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

Kansas or Boston?

Post by BForm » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:48 pm

I love this sound and can't wait for this to be released. I already have a couple of people in mind to give it to for Christmas.

BTW, did anyone else hear a familiar sound in Nowhere Without Your Love? I thought I was listening to Boston for a second.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper