"The Greater Cause" - John's New CD

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Re: "The Greater Cause" - John's New CD

Post by Timbo » Fri May 27, 2011 8:29 am

I believe God put this on John's heart to do and I believe it will happen. We know what you meant Sue.
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Fri May 27, 2011 8:33 am

21%. Just need to average 1.09% per day for 73 days. In fact I will start a new thread tracking the average daily %.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 am

The rough amount needed per day as I figure it is $382.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri May 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Matthew RJ wrote:
sue d. wrote:If 'The Greater Cause' is meant to be and the Lord is 'in on it,' using Kickstarter to do it -- then it will get done.

If not - then it wasn't the right thing to do, and I didn't do my job in publicizing it well enough.
Sue, I usually like what you say but this is totally wrong. If the Lord is 'in on it' it will happen. If not, you are correct it was not the right thing to do. But the amount of publicizing you do would not change that.
Matthew is right on this one. Things aren't dependent on our performance; God will make this happen. 8) God isn't dependent on publicity to get His work done. He was doing His work long before there was any means of promoting stuff. 8)
0 x

petheadeast123
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 2004

Post by petheadeast123 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:07 pm

Sue, you are doing an amazing job - as always! :P I even got a Head East newsletter today including the news of John's new project!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Fri May 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Sue is doing/has done an amazing job and of course she's a big factor in getting word out about the project, but ultimately it is God...We can only do our best and trust God to make His plan unfold. 8)
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri May 27, 2011 4:46 pm

I think some people take the God's will thing too far. God's will is that all should come to him. God's permissive will will be done because God as ordained it to be done. We have the ability to live and do what we like, as long as we do what God calls us to do as believers, giving him praise. We can eat Chinese, drive Japanese, rock to John or snooze to Amy.

If you think that every Christian album has been released because God wanted it to happen, you are sadly mistaken. There are tons that should not have been released but were because of money. If you think that every album not made was because God wanted it not to be made, you are mistaken. Many did not because of money. God's work is not limited to albums. God's work gets done without commerce.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Fri May 27, 2011 5:01 pm

I get what you're saying, Brent, and I think that's essentially what Matthew was trying to say...God isn't dependent on PR stuff or commerce to do His work. The Bible does tell us to trust Him and do our best in everything we do. It doesn't tell us if something doesn't work out it's because we're not good enough...We can't be "good enough" no matter what we do or how hard we try. If we could, we wouldn't need God's grace.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri May 27, 2011 5:46 pm

I think there is still some confusion here. We are confusing and mixing records with verses applicable to Christian life. I think Sue has the correct idea and gave the perfect response. If the funding is not there, then people are not going to buy the record, and then John should not waste his time. It is truly supply and demand. Fortunately, God's message and songs about Christian life will continue until the church is removed from the planet. Unfortunately, the people singing it and buying it will constantly change. There will not always be an appreciation or demand for what we have grown up with. That is life. Thank God. I hate Doo-Wop.

Worshiping and serving God is completely different from making and selling a successful record. God doesn't care what your abilities are, music fans do. God doesn't care what you look like, music fans do. God doesn't care how old you are, music fans do. God does not care if you can't do what you used to do in your prime, music fans do. If music fans were as understanding as God, artists would sell forever. The fans are not like God and they spend their money on their preferences. These are two different worlds and they only cross for a few people, for a short period of time.

Again I say....John....70s progressive melodic rock is what you like, and it is where you shine....return you must and rock you will.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Fri May 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Makes sense. It was the "not doing a good enough job" that I was wondering about. You're right, it is supply and demand and it's people/fans who put emphasis on age, style and so on.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri May 27, 2011 8:32 pm

No, I mean she gave the perfect response that if it doesn't get funded, then it will be for a reason. Yeah, the reason will be it did not get funded. It has nothing to do with whether she did or did not do what she knows to do. Sue is not a well connected record industry exec with years of experience doing these things, and the ability to mortgage their million dollar houses. Even those people roll snake eyes time and time again. It will not be Sues fault.... Times are tough and people are funding "sure things".

BTW, I am all for people praying for God's will in their lives and all of that. Please don't think that I think you should not. But, making something whose success is based on sales, and whose funding is based on past successes is a different box of tricks....
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Sat May 28, 2011 6:04 am

Let's just pray it happens. Cause it would be cool to hear a rocker from John from a fan stand point. And God would probably use it to at least ecourage a believer or two and maybe bring some people to Him.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat May 28, 2011 8:31 am

1386 likes for John's Kickstart video, 99 donors.

We have a nice little internet presence so we put up a story about it and Classic Petra's activities on our news page. You can never have too much exposure, unless you are taking out the trash in a robe with no belt.
0 x

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Sun May 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Up to 103 and $7,780 now.

You know, success often breeds success. As more and more fans and supporters contribute, perhaps others will be motivated to join a winning cause. It could be like a snowball effect. Also, it's possible there's one or more future contributers out there who can pitch in with larger amounts and are presently waiting in the wings to see how much is actually *needed* before committing.

We shall see... :)

Andy
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon May 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Sue gave a perfect response until she started to blame herself if this project doesn't fly. I think she's done an amazing job, and there's nothing she could have or should have done to make it better.
Thanks, Matthew. Appreciate that!
"If 'The Greater Cause' is meant to be and the Lord is 'in on it,' using Kickstarter to do it -- then it will get done. If not - then it wasn't the right thing to do, and I didn't do my job in publicizing it well enough"
What I meant is that the Lord works through people to accomplish His will. The people or person needs to do their part... otherwise God could just snap his fingers and the job would be done without our 'help.' You can't just sit there and expect God to drop results in your lap, though he COULD if he wanted to. God certainly doesn't need our help, but he wants us to be a part of what he's accomplishing in this world.

I probably should have said "OR I didn't do my job"... though in any case, God is sovereign.

Andy, I think you are spot on.... time will tell.
0 x