Petra concert in California

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

Petra concert in California

Post by 74CAPethead » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:01 pm

Hello,

This is only my second post, I�m sorry for not responding sooner to all you Petheads that answered my first post but it�s only been 3 months :-) HA! However, I�m sure when I share this news with you, you will forgive me, well at least you California Petheads will :-)

It was probably you Shell that scared me off when you asked me to tell a little about myself! (Just kidding)

So here it is�my name is Julie; I�m pretty much a shy person�until I get to know people :-) I�m 45 years old (I mean young), married for 27 years, and no children (but 4 sponsored children thanks to the Lord using Petra to share the Food for the Hungry film at a Petra concert). I work at a school district in southern California as a Reprographics Technician (printing). I�m going to school to learn computer repair (that�s another reason I haven�t posted-computer problems). I�ve been a Christian since Dec. 1973 and when I found out about Petra (1974) I�ve been Petra-fied ever since!!!! As mentioned in my first post I�ve been to over 20 concerts! The most recent one was July 2004 in George, WA at Creation West which broke my personal record of miles traveled to see Petra (2,740 miles round trip)! But after the concert is over�it always leaves you wanting more�more�more�which leads me to share with all of you some great news I just received at 10:00 this morning!!

I spoke with the Director (Mr. Robberson) of Spirit West Coast on Dec 16th because I had received an email from SWC telling me that Petra was not going to be there in 2005 and we were very disappointed. While in Washington, my husband and I told John Schlitt that we were doing everything we could to try and get them in California. So after talking to Mr. Robberson he told me that he WOULD have Petra in Del Mar, if they are willing to go!!! So this morning Scott Huie called and he confirmed it!!!!! Our prayers have been answered!!! Petra will be in Del Mar, CA on Sunday, May 29th at 3:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Mexican Spud & Musica, I called you and left you a message�in case you�re reading this from work and didn�t know yet!! Please let Mark know, I don�t have his email or phone number-Thanks! You have 5 months to make your signs for the concert!!!!)

(Sue d. thank you for all your help!)

(Sam, do you live near Albuquerque? I have a lot of relatives that live in New Mexico)

(Elo�Del Mar isn�t that far from Mexico!!!)

Well, I hope all of you have a Very Blessed Christmas and a New Year filled with many Petra concerts!!!

�Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above�� James 1:17 KJV

Julie
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Yep, I'm the nosy...And shameless one. :D It makes sense you wouldn't be able to post when you're having computer problems. It's cool they're going to be in California, I would really like to go.

Of course, a lot could happen between now and then. :P
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

Julie

Post by epdc » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:39 pm

do you mean next year? :) it would be awesome if I could make it :) :),

sam uses to live near of albuquerque hehehe but now she is in wisconsin, she just moved over there :) and hope to be able to visit her next summer to her and sue.

:)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

julie

Post by epdc » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:44 pm

i hit reply by mistake. keep posting more :) I`m so glad to meet you :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:37 pm

Woohoo! Petra's coming to town!

Julie, my family and I drove to George, WA, too (from Pasadena). Much to our dismay, they were finishing their set as we pulled into the parking lot. :evil:

Well, I'm glad we'll FINALLY get to see them again! :D
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Petra Concert in California

Post by SkyCaptain » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:46 pm

Hi, Everyone!

This is Mark. I've been lurking on this version of the site for a long time. Never got around to registering a new name until now.

That's great news! I'll do my best to make it to Del Mar! It'll be great to see all you guys again!

Mark (aka MARK789, *MARK*, =MARK=, etc.)
0 x

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:33 pm

Yes Julie I did get your message and we were dancing in the living room.

Oh by the way. Welcome to the board
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

mark!!!

Post by epdc » Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:51 pm

I even pposted your birthday once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad to see you :) i was wondering iof you were going forever
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead

Post by SkyCaptain » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:34 pm

Hey epdc!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! :) It's good to be back.

Mark
0 x

74CAPethead
Pethead
Pethead

Post by 74CAPethead » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:57 pm

Shell: I received your email�I�ll be responding soon! I�m looking forward to meeting you in Del Mar!

Elo: Did you get my email? If not�yes I meant 2005, Sue already posted it on John�s website! I didn�t know Sam moved, I thought the next time I went to Albuquerque I could meet her, thanks for the info. I hope you can make it to Del Mar�I�m looking forward to meeting you too!

Susannah: I�m so sorry to hear that you missed the concert in WA :( Were you able to see them in the tent afterwards? The line for autographs was quite long and everyone was waiting for a while for them to arrive, I heard that they were late because after the concert a young boy had fainted due to the heat, so they were staying with the boy to make sure he was ok�that really shows their hearts, they are such a blessing to everyone!!! I�m so glad we�ll get to see them again too. And hopefully we�ll also get to see them in Oceanside in approx. 6 months!!!!!!!!!! See you in Del Mar!

Mark: I�m so glad you are still lurking!!! I had asked Mexican Spud to email you since I didn�t have your email or phone number because I knew you would want to go!!! It will be great to see you again too!

Mexican Spud: Yeah�.I knew you would be dancing and jumping up and down and screaming!!!!!! I was too!!!!! After Scott Huie confirmed the date, he said, �Merry Christmas�!!! I said, Thank you so much, that�s the best Christmas present of all!!!! Anytime I know Petra�s going to be anywhere we can drive to, I tell my husband, I don�t want any gifts for my Birthday, Anniversary, Valentines Day or Christmas�all I want is
to go see PETRA!!!!!!! :-) See ya soon and thanks for welcoming me to the board!

Happy New Year Everyone!
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Julie

Post by epdc » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:42 pm

No I didn`t get any email :( did you write to [email protected]??

try with [email protected]

sigh, wish I could make it :( but see, I don`t live THAT near ya know, I`m in the arizona area, I mean, I live in M�xico, 5 hours away from Tucson. Yeah Yeah I know it sounds silly considering I have gone twice to wisconsin but this time would be hard money wise and parental permission wise (hahahaha). Maybe a next time...:) :) take as much pics as possible :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead

Post by SkyCaptain » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:42 pm

Someone may have tried to email me, but I have a new address. It should show up in my profile (hopefully). If not, let me know.

There are a couple Petra fans where I work. I told them about it too, so maybe they'll make it out.

Thanks,
Mark
0 x

SamScales
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by SamScales » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:11 pm

Julie: Sorry I just now read your post. Yeah, I've moved to Beloit, WI which is about 2 hours away from where Sue lives.
Too bad that now we couldn't meet, cos Albuquerque is where I used to record my CD's and we could have met there. Well, you never know, I flew from New Mexico to Wisconsin before, who knows, we may do another Pethead convention and you may just haveta fly up here.
0 x

Metallinostheos
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Metallinostheos » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:47 pm

Hey Sam, I knew you moved to Wisconsin, but I didn't know where you moved to Beloit is only an hour from my house. I live 1/2 way between you and Sue. Maybe we will have to move the Pethead convention to Milwaukee? :lol:
0 x
Solo Deo Gloria

Jeff

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Post by epdc » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:23 pm

I would love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God willing I`ll go to milwaukee in a year and a half for studying for 2 years there and it would be awesome.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!