Elefante Brothers

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Outcast4him
Pethead
Pethead

Elefante Brothers

Post by Outcast4him » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:47 pm

Hi Bros and Sis's

I've read in the recent past various revies on different petra fan websites that the elfante brothers produce dinosaur rock.

In my opinion the elfante brothers produced the best Petra material. Beyond Belief was Petra's best selling album, the album also has the most #1 hit singles. Then theres Unseen Power thou no hit singles that I know of I can think of many songs of that album that are mint and the album was very successful.

In my opinion From Back to the Street to Unseen Power and No Doubt was some of there best material and i think the Elfante Brothers brought out the best in them. I think No Doubt is an underrated album.

Just my 2 sense

Humbly Yours

Godbless all here
0 x

Jerry
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jerry » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:57 pm

Well if that's dinosaur rock, then call me Fred Flintstone and pass me a bronto burger. Beyond Belief is just that. The Elfante Brothers are always welcome in my CD player. It all goes good with this 2000 year old story I like to read. :D
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Hehe.

Post by Shell » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:40 pm

Would it surprise anyone if I admitted I kinda like Fred Flintstone? Okay, okay, I know, that's bad. :D
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:36 am

Alright I like some of John and Dino's stuff

But in my opinion......Everything from Back To the Street to On Fire and then Beyond Belief and Unseen Power all sounded like those could be volume 1 - 5. Those are good and classic albums. But when Brown Banister steped in and produced Wake-Up Call....I was floored.

I woudn't ubject to another John and Dino production with Petra. But I would love to see Brown hit the producers chair again for a Petra album.

Does anyone know if Bob followed tradition and bought a new Guitar for Jekyll & Hyde? Just wondering.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

The Guitar

Post by Shell » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:04 am

He custom made one and it is beautiful; I saw the link on Inpop's message board I think. Sheesh, I'm getting old, don't even remember which message boards I see stuff on anymore. :D But it should be on his website houseofbob.com. Maybe Spott or MJ could post the link.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:44 pm

cool.....I'll check it out.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:04 pm

The Elefante' years WERE the best years. If you were trying to use a Petra CD to introduce someone to Christian Rock, you could use any CD from Back To The Street to No Doubt and make a "True Believer" out of anybody.

Which begs the question... what was it about that era that made Petra so good? Was it the Elefante' brothers with their amazing production, or was it the band lineup that most everyone agrees was Petra's finest?

You can say it was the combination of both... but what if the Elefante's had produced Petra during the Greg X Volz era? How much better would those CDs had been?

After all, Greg X Volz was a great singer... yet, when I listen to Washes Whiter Than through Beat The System and then pop in my Back To The Street CD, there just is a world of difference in the way the music sounds, and it has little to do with John S. replacing Greg. Plus, John Lawry was a carry-over from Beat The System, so it had to be the Elefante's who made the difference.

I love J&H, but I think it would be great if Petra could again team up with the Elefante's.
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:13 pm

Or it could be Bob Hartman tayloring his music to John's style...
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:06 pm

That is true. In the Revival DVD John Schlitt says that He wanted in fact to do a Beat The System style album but the guys said "no you're rock n' roll"

So they desided to change things when John came in. I do agree that the John and Dino had something to do with it, because like I said all of the stuff that John and Dino produced with that version of Petra all sounds like there work.

Now from No Doubt to Double Take....everything sounds totaly different, but yet it's real good also. Don't forget John and Dino produced those later albums too.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:07 am

People,

I miss John and Dino and the dream team also! But all this techinician part were very important to build PETRA'S HISTORY. But the most IMPORTANT THING IS GOD!

Petra is focus on HIM and it is the reason they are are survivors

Artur
www.ondagospel.com.br
0 x
Be happy

RockMe
Pethead
Pethead

Goodness

Post by RockMe » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:01 pm

what was it about that era that made Petra so good?
I think Bob said it best in the Unseen Power video when he said that he and John and Dino knew each other so well they could communicate just by looking at each other. I think the whole band as well as the producers were simply on the same page, and I think that's why they started losing their touch when new producers and new band members started coming in.
0 x

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:58 pm

I agree that the late '80s-early '90s band was Petra's prime. But I want to speak up here, because they've got a tight four-man-band, they all want to be there, and they've got a great new cd out.

I think the band is poised for a new "Golden Age," and that isn't just optimism on my part.
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:37 pm

Brothers

We need to pray and fight with PETRA
IT IS ALL!

IT is time to wake-up call!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, Petra is a great ministry and God knows everything and He is in the command
Let's rely on HIM!

Artur
0 x
Be happy

monster machine
Pethead
Pethead

Re: .............

Post by monster machine » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:26 pm

bakersfieldpethead wrote:But when Brown Banister steped in and produced Wake-Up Call....I was floored.

I woudn't ubject to another John and Dino production with Petra. But I would love to see Brown hit the producers chair again for a Petra album. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Eeek. To me, this is where Petra started to slide a little.

The Wake Up call CD didn't do a lot for me - I thought the production stripped away too much of the Petra sound. In fact, I bought that album the day it was released and, honestly, I think I've listened to it 3 times since then.

Let us not forget, it was shortly after this album that the core band started to break apart...

Monster
0 x
If you get angry at your spouse while getting dressed in the morning, does that make you a cross dresser?

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:17 am

Well I strongly felt that Wake-Up Call was a strong driving album. It was the next step for that version of the band.

I'm not sure what all went down, but John Lawry was the first to leave....then Bob, what I have felt all this time was that the reason for John and Dino coming back to the producers chair for No Doubt was the fact that the core of the band was gone, and John and Bob wanted to get back as much as they could for something they knew would work so well.

"No Doubt" was their biggest hit off that album I think and that song sounded pretty close to what they were doing back before Wake-Up Call. But the thing is Wake-Up Call was an awesome album. And probebly what cast a shadow over that album was John Lawry leaving not to much long after that. I simply think that Wake-Up Call couldn't be what it was if John and Dino produced it.

Brown has a very good track record in producing and at that time was one of the top producers in CCM. But don't get me wrong I love what John & Dino did on those other albums.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)