On Fire Video Event download

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Petraspective.com
Pethead
Pethead

On Fire Video Event download

Post by Petraspective.com » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:21 pm

Petraspective.com is a website designed to give you more insight in what Petra has done in the past and what the band is still all about. Petraspective.com offers you a complete discography of Petra and lots of additional information.
As of today Petraspective.com will also offer you new Petra downloads on a regular basis. Today the first download is available. This is the first part of the On Fire Video Event. This was a youth group package containing a video with several songs from On fire. The video will be made available over the next few months in six seperate .mpg files. The first one is the video for All fired up.

Go to this page for the download.
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven

wallytheman
Pethead
Pethead

on-fire video

Post by wallytheman » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:17 pm

the video does not come up when i try to view this, the audio works fine.
0 x

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:18 am

Both video and sound work great for me. The first 5 seconds were a little grainy but that may have been my computer's memory or something. I cannot wait for part 2, if there is going to be one!!
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:28 am

There will be a part 2, and more.

Hey Wally, I'm not sure what's the cause for your problem. Have you tried downloading the video? The file works perfectly in Windows Media Player and I guess there are some other programs that should play it without a problem.
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:06 am

Aaaaiiiiieeee!!!

You got me all excited (all fired up?), and it's only half the song!!???

Hopefully you have Minefield and Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name in their entirety...
0 x

LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

Post by LexingtonPethead » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:11 pm

Hey now... this is almost too good!! Would love to see the whole video. If we could get a complete song on there it WOULD be too good! Not that I'm complaining because I'm not. It's good to see some video with this lineup doing what they do best!
0 x

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

just so ya know...

Post by superfly » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:30 am

There is no full length All Fired Up video...it's only used as an introduction to the On Fire! video event and what is on the website is all that they published. There isn't a video for "Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name", and the video for Minefield does not feature the band at all. If you liked what you saw of All Fired Up, then you'll love Defector because it's a full-length video and it's basically the same type thing...band live and back-stage stuff. Plus the intros by the band are neat to see too. :)
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name

Post by shaabyi » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:30 pm

Actually there kind of is a video for Somebody's Gonna... Name but it is not on the On FIre Event video. I know because I have a copy of the video. It is actually a video that promotes Creation 1991. Petra sings a great melody of Somebody.. Name along with several songs inbetween. Here is the melody on this very long music video.

Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name
Crown Him Lord of All
We Exalt Thee
Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name (reprise)
John Lowry solo
Bob Hartman solo
Ronny Cates solo
Louie Weaver solo
Praise Ye the Lord
Hallelujah
Somebody's Gonna Praise His Name (reprise)

A great video!!

Shaabyi
0 x

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

cool!

Post by superfly » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:43 pm

That medley sounds cool! Is it Petra singing all those songs? Are the solos from the On Fire! tour/era? I'd love to see something like that!
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

SOmbody Video

Post by shaabyi » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:55 pm

This looks like the Beyond Belief Tour.
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:36 pm

Can you post that medley video? Would love to see it.
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shaabyi » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:42 am

I don't have any way to post it. I have it on VHS and mp3, but have noway to post it.

Shaabyi
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

mp3

Post by Michael » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:34 am

Talk to Sue D. and we can get the mp3 up on John's site & mirrors. If you have video in your computer, we can easily do that too. Video on a videotape has been trickier, but she's managed to get it done somehow. :)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Melody

Post by pmal » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:47 pm

They did that medley or part of it during the Beyond Belief tour. I've always wished I could hear that again, especially the All Hail the Power of Jesus Name part. That was awesome in concert! If you email the mp3 to me, I will put it up on the company site for download for a few days until everyone has it.

Phillip
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:40 pm

I agree with All Hail The Power!! All I remember is hearing it in my hometown of Willmar, MN but not at the Sonshine Festival. My recollections was that it was at the Civic Center, before the days Sonshine moved there.

I always wished Petra would have put out a "Petrafied Hymns" projects. They could have put All Hail The Power and Amazing Grace (I started keying Amazing Graze...sounds like an awesome buffet or something.). Guess the band doesn't think this would fly.
0 x