Petra Or Andband

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Bill F
Pethead
Pethead

Petra Or Andband

Post by Bill F » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:17 pm

O.K. guys. I started a discussion on the other "zone" and couldn't finish it because I couldn't get aol to work on my last biz trip. My concern was that the new line-up sounded very dull and empty on the TBN special. The background vocals sounded downright sickly to me. To be honest with you, after watching this I felt more confident in booking John & Andband over Petra. I know I wouldn't have Bob but I think I would get a much better sound and a much livlier show. What do you think?

By the way, Enosh hinted that Petra should include him in their shows. I truly believe that would be an awesome idea. He would add so much to their sound right now. Speaking of Andband, in order to help me with my decision, does anyone have a more complete video of a concert with John and Andband? I would be willing to pay to get a copy. This would be for promotional use only. Wait until I fill you completely about the event I'm planning. I think it's pretty awesome. Extremely high traffic area....Free Concert.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

The concert

Post by Shell » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:57 pm

I say go with whatever you feel more confidant about, Bill; you can always book a show with Petra later. Enosh, Mat, Bryan and John did a wonderful job.

I'm sure Enosh would love to be a part of Petra, but I sort of think he was saying that because of what people were saying about the guitars. :wink: :) I'm sure he loves being a part of John's solo band too.
0 x

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:29 pm

I would just like to say that the TBN show was not a good indication of what this band is capable of. I saw them at Night Of Joy in Disney World, and they rocked the house. They were on fire that night, and many of the other reviews that I've read about recent shows point to that. The crowd that night was one of the best, most enthusiastic crowds I've seen in a long time, due in large part to the enthusiasm of the guys on stage. I don't know what happened with the TBN broadcast... they did sound (and looked) flat, but that is not how they portray themselves in an actual concert setting. I think anyone who has seen this "new" band live can attest to that. Just thought I'd stick up for the guys! Catch ya later
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

in my experience LOL

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:42 am

I would go for the ANDBAND

haven`t heard Petra yet so I wouldn`t take any risk hehehe
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

BigD
Pethead
Pethead

Post by BigD » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:57 am

I think basing it on that one show would be a huge mistake, BillF. It also seems to me like it was toned down significantly for TV/whatever reasons.

No disrespect intended to the AndBand, but I think it's a silly question. Unless you're a huge fan of John's solo stuff or something.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Ah the TBN Thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:04 am

Hey

TBN is known for not having the right mixes over the air. Any live band I've heard dosn't sound right, they're more geared toward the Soloest or Groups that have Background Tracks.

I watched Petra on TBN back during the Petra Praise 2 Tour and it was the same stuff, Petra didn't sound that together, but being a Live sound and Studio Engineer, I could tell that it was the mix.

The mix with TBN is horable.

I think you'll do good to book PETRA, with all their own people on sound it's bound to be good

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

is not like I`m a fan of his solos stuff

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:24 am

is just that I really enjoyed the show the ANDBAND did :) haven`t seen petra live, so don`t know
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

andband

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:37 am

I would like to see Andband in concert........I wonder if they would come to bakersfield, if I wanted to book them?

Of course I still yet to have been to my first Petra concert, I'm waiting.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Stephen

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:50 pm

so you are never been on an official petra concert either?

give me 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so good to know I`m nt the only one
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

JUst want to clear this up!

Post by Enosh » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:32 pm

First I just want to say on the record that I didn't mean that Petra sounded bad. I never said that at all. I was just joking that I would love to do it because someone mentioned that they should have a second guitar player. I would be honered to do it if that came up. I've seen them and I would in no way say that they are bad or that I just need to be in the band. Please NO ONE interpret my words as anything negative toward the band. Especially since anyone coming into this thread would not be able to go back and read the old post.

That being said, Bill, the best thing that you can do is pray and ask God what HE wants you to do. I really don't want to gain the reputation as "THE REPLACEMENT/SUBSTITUTE FOR PETRA. That is NOT what we are. IF anything our desire is to raise more awareness of Petra and promote them. We love to play with John, and people have responded well to us. That is a blessing. Bill, we are just doing what we can for John. We would be more than happy to go anywhere with John even Bakersfield. :D
But if God wants Petra at your show then praise God. If you want to discuss it further please email me. [email protected]

Blessings, Enosh
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:39 pm

I was one of the ones suggesting Petra have a fifth member, whether that be a keyboardist or a second guitarist.

However, I am pretty sure that their decision to drop the keyboards and not hire another guy was based on more than just the music or Inpop or whatever. I bet it also had to do with finances and maybe making their shows more affordable or whatever. So, I kinda doubt they'll be adding a fifth guy any time soon.

Still, if they did, I think it'd be cool to see Enosh get the gig. I also secretly long for a reunion of Petra and Kevin or Petra and Trent... :)
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

TRENT

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:55 pm

I would love to meet that guy

he is the first band member that answered one of my emails. I remember how God encouraged me through him to keep waiting to His promises...I would love to thank him not through mail only but also in person.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

.....well

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:02 pm

well, Andband can pm me for an address to send their stuff too and I'll get with a local place here to talk about booking a concert.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)