Petra webmasters, read this!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

radio

Post by executioner » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:47 am

Kirkman, I was not meaning do not do it, but expect nothing from the radio perspective. They've made up their mind about JAH or Petra in general. Someday Petra will get their reward and it is going to be so wonderful to know they stood their ground and stood up for Christ. Where are all these others things like Radio or CD pushing parties going to be?
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

i think

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:28 am

I think that making J&H known to everyone will cause Radio to be over ran with calls for these songs.

These songs are great and they do meet todays standards in music. By all rights there should be no problem playing them on the Radio, which is my question what's happend to Radio? It seems that people get deffensive when you ask that quesion, but yet no one wants to answer us truthfully and if "Christian Radio" as to say is going under the carpet so to speak in the music industry getting payed back to support only a few choice artists, then that's both illegal and against everything that we hold to as Christians.

I have delt in the music industry myself now for sometime, and I can say it's illeagal, I know that as a fact. And this needs to be brought out if we have enough people confirm it, then we need to blow it wide open and get things to (maybe not normal for us) but at least normal enough to see Petra and other aritsts back on radio.

There has to be a fair chance for those artists that have the support, and what I mean by support is, Record Contract, Singles that are available, and the source of media that Petra has. Petra has the main core of support that they need. The only ONE THING that is holding them back, Just ONE, out of all this in the industry, only ONE THING is holding them back and it's RADIO!

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

radio

Post by executioner » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:13 pm

And everybody thinks radio is the answer to everything in this adventure. :cry:
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

radio=the answer?

Post by Michael » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:26 pm

Radio COULD be the answer; I know that I am much more likely to buy something I've heard and liked on the radio as opposed to something I never heard but saw on the shelf. But I'm like you, Ex... I don't think we're going to change radio's mind at this point. Not by listener pressure, anyway. They know the CDs been out for a couple of months, and an upsurge in listener call-ins is going to be seen as something that was orchestrated and forced as opposed to something that happened naturally.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Everyband

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:15 pm

Everyband and Record Company I know of says "Call Your Radio Station and Request this song." When they are pushing a band or album, that doesn't sound Orchestrated to me.

The thing we're trying to do is, broadin the scope so to speak......we don't want to go out and Orchestrate a national caller group although that would be kind of cool, but then again it wouldn't serve it's purpose.

We have to have some kind of means of media that's going to broaden the reach of the fan base.

We have how many members here now?
And how many on the inpop Petra message boards?

And still not everyone knows how to get to Petraband.com or ThePetheads.com or The Petra zone or not even to Petra Rocks My World.

What we are trying to do is help this ministry anyway we can, and that means any ideas are worth trying, Each successful attempt is another notch in the wood to reaching the other fans and listeners on the other side.

I meet people everyday online who are not Christians but they have heard of Petra and they name off an album like This Means War or On Fire, or even Beat The System. But they didn't know about the new album, so when I tell em about it, they get interested.

All my friends in the 17- 19 age range are excited about this new album, there was a small studdy showing that youth finds out they even liked Southern Gospel, but because the youth leaders didn't except that kind and didn't think it would work, the kids never had the chance to hear it.

So the thing is we have to move out from under this damper and find a way to reach everyone.

And right now are focus is on mobilizing Petra fans. Ok maybe in a sense it is orchestrating something, but why not? If it works, it works..and then We've made a stronger statement.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Do The Walls Have Ears

Post by Michael » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:35 am

Bakersfield, sounds like you've found a method that actually WORKS... talking it up one-on-one. Talking to radio people you might as well be talking to a park bench... people reached: zero. Talking to someone you run into on the street, on the bus, in an elevator, at the mall, whatever, you at least get heard by one person who HAS to listen... people reached: one. Why would you want to expend a bunch of energy on something that touches no one? Buy all your rocker friends a copy of JAH for Christmas. That'll make a lot more sense than harassing some radio DJ who doesn't have any say about what songs he gets to play anyway.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

good idea

Post by executioner » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:43 am

Let me be totally honest with you all. I think this is a good idea. The grassroots campaign from us Petheads is going to be the only way to get Petra back in the mind and hearts of CCM, but I think we need to totally forget the radio side of this. Yes, call in and request the current single, but do not bombard them with your comments and feelings about this issue. I'm sorry radio in CCM STINKS! It is bought and paid for by the big media companies. Even the nonprofit stations are only being kept alive by big dotations from the big record companies, acourse if in return you push their artists.
I wonder how God looks down on this? Could this be another temple situation?(merchants in the temple) This is what it reminds me of. It's all about the money, and not the blood of Jesus. I'll be frank and tell you that I am ashamed of the CCM, because we are seen as hypocrites. I really don't want no part of it.
0 x