You are a Pethead if...

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
blod6ett
Pethead
Pethead

You are a Pethead if...

Post by blod6ett » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:33 am

Hey! help me to write some of this... and identify ourselfs...

- You are a Pethead if... you think in the praise time in your church: 'Wow, this is the perfect moment to sing [any classic petra tune that you remember]. Tune that touch your heart' The last time I propouse to myself 'More power to ya' and 'In the likeness of you'

- You are a Pethead if... your stereo car is playing again and again the same petra album since five weeks ago; and your family insist in a visit to the mind doctor.

- You are a Pethead if... you see a secuence of numbers, like: 1977, 1984, 1990, 2001; and you think... 'Mhhhh, let see, aja, 'Come and Join
us', 'Beat the system', 'Beyond Belief', 'God Fixation'; aja... that correct...'

- You are a Pethead if... any of your sons have names like: 'Bob', 'Louie', 'Annie', 'Greg', 'Sally', 'Louie, the second'

- You are a Pethead if... you sleep your baby wispering '...Lovely Lord, you are all to me, lovely Lord, how lovely You are to me...'

- You are a Pethead if... you dream with a spacial guitar flying across your room.
0 x
My wife and I, AND MY NEW BORN BABY have a really love: the lord Jesus!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

You are a Pethead if...

Post by Shell » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:39 am

You've lost count of how many concerts you've been too. :D

You know the words and scripture references to every song on every album they've ever put out. :D

You start naming your pets after them. :D

You make posts on this crazy message board. :D
0 x

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:40 am

Shell wrote:
You make posts on this crazy message board.
My thoughts exactly.

also,
If you can't sing any praise songs at church that duplicates a Petra praise song rendition. (My church does no justice to those songs now).
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

RE

Post by epdc » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:05 pm

if you are a musician you try to learn all petra tunes as possible and if you are a dancer you arrange movements for each song ;)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ctwomn » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:32 pm

to qualify as a pethead family...

You met your spouse because of the band and have been named "Official Pethead family"....I am sure there are more out there!!

I have to admit...if it weren't for Petra I would not be a Pethead...and I would not be as blessed as I am! For us it's kinda hard to avoid the "pethead" syndrome...crazy as it sounds!!!

Your baby is a pethead if....

...your 3 year old son stands in the rock stance w/ guitar in hand and sings "Gonna fly way" from Petra "Petra" and bangs his head....During the guitar solo swings his guitar around and jumps!!! TOO FUNNY!

...your son claims to be "John's best friend"...although John DID say it after meeting him a couple times...so I guess it kinda is true!!
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

You're a Pethead if.....

Post by Susannah » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:55 pm

You pay over $20 to get a CCM with Petra on the cover from eBay.
You make Petra paperdolls.
You buy clothes and shoes that look like something one of the guys would wear.
You drive 3000 miles just to meet Ronny Cates...AFTER he left the band.
You attend Petra concerts in eight different states.
Every sermon you hear makes you think of at least one Petra song, and it makes you wonder if the preacher just might be a Pethead, too.
You put pictures of Petra on your refrigerator.
You license plate has "Petra" on it.
When you were in school, art consisted of drawing pictures of Petra, and creative writing was writing letters to the guys.
You make the Unseen Power windmill field out of Legos.
You play "Sight Unseen" over and over again while driving through the windmill field, "Beyond Belief" driving in the desert, and "I Am on the Rock" driving along the rocky coast.

It's GREAT to be a Pethead!!! :D
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

You're a Pethead when:

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:04 pm

1. You are typing words such as 'pretend' or something similar and it comes out 'petra'. :shock:

2. When another person at work listens to Christian radio and they pull into the parking lot at the same time as you, asking, "Did you hear that Petra song on the radio just now?"

3. When people you know come up to you saying they were reminded of you when they saw a Petra CD at the store, or a tshirt of a Pethead.
0 x

blod6ett
Pethead
Pethead

Next...

Post by blod6ett » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:20 pm

- You are a Pethead if... check in your local christian bookstore again and again the current Petra CD's. Of course you have all of them, but still insist in see it for a long time.

- You are a Pethead if... you see in a travel agency the name PETRA -the ancient jordan city- and you feel that the name of your lovely band have been stolen.

- You are a Pethead if... you want to see Petra in Saturday Night Live.

- You are a Pethead if... you can complete the next sentence: 'The evidence leads to conviction / When we don't live everything we say /
There's got to be a crucifixion / We can... '

- You are a Pethead if... you can understand this strange words: NOTW; WWT; BTTS; CITAS; PPII; JAH; MPTY; GF; BTS.

- You are a Pethead if... a romantic moment with your wife or husband include the track number five of the CD 'Beyond Belief'.
0 x
My wife and I, AND MY NEW BORN BABY have a really love: the lord Jesus!

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Re:

Post by pmal » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:22 am

If you post on the board at 3:15am EST ...
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:16 am

If you post on the board at 3:15am
Now wait just a minute
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:32 am

If you name your car Annie

And mt car tag is PETHEAD really

Do I need help my bird dances to JAH
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:09 am

When you ring your door bell and plays the Bell theme at the beginning of Destiny.

If your playing Video games and you keep restarting "Jekyll & Hyde" or "Midnight Oil" and then you shout out "Now it's On" everytime you re-start the game because you died.

When you mix your breakfist drink playing your favorite Petra song on the blender buttons

Your a Pethead when you keep turning on your radio just hoping that they play the new single, even though we know that we'll see Bob on a flying pig singing "gonna fly away," before that happens.

Whenever your kids get into trouble and you have to come to correct them, you blast out "Judas Kiss" because the Guitar Riff sounds like "uh-oh, Dad's coming."

And finaly.....you know you're a Pethead when all the above makes sense........... :lol:
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

Bakersfield

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:03 pm

LOL! Bakersfield, you crack me up. :)

I guess the one for me that you mentioned would be the radio thing hoping to hear a Petra song on the radio. I usually come into the tailend of their songs, though. Good thing I have the CD's. :o

The video game thing isn't quite the same, but I do have one thing to say. My husband only listens to Christian music, so that's like the only type of CD's we have. Well, what he did is on his wrestling game for the Xbox, he made his own entrance music by putting the CD's onto his Xbox. It's pretty neat.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by epdc » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:26 pm

YOU ARE COMPLETELY INSANE LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another thing, at least for students, is to make draws in our school bags related to Petra :D

Once, LOL, a friend of mine thought my name was Petra, and he kept calling me Petra and I never turned until he said "hey PETRA!!!" then I looked and said "is your name petra right? in your school bag says "Petra", I laughed LOL.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

B-E-A-T-T...

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:38 am

I did once play with a telephone until I could play the touch-tones from the beginning of "Beat the System". It was years later that I listened to it closely enough that I heard that the touch-tones are just spelling out B-E-A-T-T-H-E-S-Y-S-T-E-M... D'OH!!! (If you listen to it loud enough you can hear a mechanical-sounding voice saying the letters.)

All that work for naught!
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]