Bob & John's New Praise Album - cover art

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Bob & John's New Praise Album - cover art

Post by sue d. » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:33 pm

Here's a clear shot of the cover art... courtesy of our resident graphic artist, Julie! (74CAPethead)

Let's hear some feedback!

I've not heard the album yet, but it's rumored to have turned out FANTASTIC!
0 x

Petra_Pete
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Petra_Pete » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:10 am

LOVE IT! When can we start spending cash to get one?
0 x
yours,
Petra Pete

"This is my Father's world and He can fix it."

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:28 am

I think it's great. But I would like it better if it was in my hands. :D
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:56 am

Cash may be spent (as well as Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, fried chicken, baked bread...) as soon as it's all finished. (how's that for a definitive answer?) :wink:

No release date set yet - inside cover art is still in production, but all tracks are nearly ready to go.

If you attend one of the acoustic shows, you'll get a listen to some of the new tunes.... come on and fly north to WI on Dec. 31. Winter in WI isn't THAT bad (we're not Canada, you know). :D

We'll even feed ya supper. You can't go wrong!
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:07 am

Excellent new, I'm very anxious to hear some thing of this album!

Somebody has some music in mp3?

About the cover :roll: I don't like very much.

Thanks!

Hudson...
Last edited by HudsonPethead on Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:49 am

My honest opinion... I don't like this cover very much.

I prefer cover art not be photos of the band/singers, especially if it's just going to be cropped head shots.

I also don't like the "Guyz from Petra." Spelled like a really bad rap group.

I am excited to find out what the music sounds like, though.

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

sure

Post by trodLAN » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:17 am

I think it's a nice coverart! Far better than Jekyl & Hyde!
And who knows what kind of muzik it brings...
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:12 pm

I actually quite agree with Josh.

I would have preferred a cover that doesn't like I can make it myself. And if they're referring to Petra in the name of the project, I cannot think why they should not release this album under the name of Petra...

I think the Jekyll & Hyde cover is way better. I'm starting to like the cover art of Jekyll & Hyde better and better.
0 x

petrabandca
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1990

Post by petrabandca » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:16 pm

I have to agree with some of the others that don't like the new artwork. Same images, text that we've been seeing for that past couple of years and filters done in Photoshop with no real kick. Sorry! It screams cheese to me and nothing like what Petra has released in the past.

Worship till the cops come sounds a little sad as well, but if that is what Bob and John agree on then so be it. I'll support them no matter what the cover art looks like.

If I could suggest an idea just for fun. Picture an image of an old stage with two wooden stools on it, one with an acoustic guitar leaning against it and the other with a microphone placed in the center of the seat with the cord falling to the floor.

This image sticks out in my mind because Bob and John both had to start at some point on a stage before all the bright lights and PA systems and now they are back to their roots. No proof that they're there, but you can sense their presence.

Remember a picture says a thousand words.
0 x
http://www.enticity.ca

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:20 pm

I know it is a little late to be offering advice (not that any was asked for either :oops: ) but, going with the title "Worship Till the Cops Come" I could see people with their arms raised in prayer with one being in handcuffs. Or something similar. Obviously this being an independent venture and capital not as plentiful as if a record company were paying, you can't do all you'd like. But a stark photo of someone's wrists in cuffs clutching a Bible might be good too.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:40 pm

Interesting ideas guys! Some really cool suggestions!! Honestly I kinda like it! Just makes it seem real personal with both the guys on the cover lookin at ya..... ya know? Anyways, I just cant wait to HEAR it ;)

Stephen
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

crjensen
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1989

Hip-hop graffiti?

Post by crjensen » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:21 pm

Allow me to be really honest: When I saw the cover, I actually thought it was someone trying to be funny...
Do you seriously want this graffiti/hip-hop-art to be the cover of the new album? And the title, "...til the cops come"?
Please, no.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Like or dislike

Post by trodLAN » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:26 pm

I'm not sure why Sue put up this coverart here? Was it to get feedback to make the coverart better, or is it to late for our opinions?
Anyway I think the coverart is cool, and I really looking forward to hear this album.
If I should say my opinion, I think John and Bob should have taken new photos, and not used those pics we have seen tousand of times before. It would be great with some new photoshots, if they want to use photos instead of art-drawing. I don't think the idea of handcufs is good. To many have used that idea before. I would rather see John and Bob standing tall on a tall brickstone!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:35 pm

I put it up there because someone in another thread (the Christmas gift thread) has posted a very small and hard-to-see graphic of it.

Julie, the designer, asked me to post a GOOD photo of it on a new thread since the cover was now public knowledge (she doesn't have webspace to do it herself).

So I did.

As far as it being too late to give opinions & change it.... you would have to consult Bob on that one.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

ok

Post by trodLAN » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Anyway! Thanks for posting this artwork!
I don't want to bother Bob on that one, as long as I think the coverart is great, and the photos of them are nice! I actually think Bob has more important things to do right now than smiling into a camera!
0 x