Petra mentioned on CMCentral.com

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
ljlegner
Pethead
Pethead

Petra mentioned on CMCentral.com

Post by ljlegner » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:32 am

It was a question regarding DeGarmo and Key that went as follows:

Q: DEGARMO AND KEY IS THERE ANY WAY THEY COULD DO A REUNION TOUR OR GET BACK TOGETHER, ALSO THE SWEET COMFORT BAND DID A REUNION TOUR IS THERE A VIDEO OR DVD??
BILL

A: For future reference, AskCMC readers, please do not write in all-caps. It makes things hard to read. Anyway, so Bill, you're a DeGarmo and Key fan. Is there any way they could do a reunion tour? I suppose there probably is, though I have heard absolutely zero suggesting that it might happen. Will they get back together? I'd bet CD collection that it never happens - at least for anything more than maybe a show or two. The climate in today's market just cannot support the existence of a band like them - Petra can't even sell records anymore today, which is really sad (Jekyll and Hyde was quite tasty). As for the Sweet Comfort Band part, there is no video available.

http://www.cmcentral.com/ask/296.html

---------------

Just thought I'd pass this along to y'all. It's sad....and probably true.
~Lj
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:08 am

Degarmo and Key and Sweet Comfort Band were good bands...I miss those old bands that aren't around any more. Sigh. And yeah, it probably is true. :?
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:35 pm

I noticed that as well. If you spend enough time on CMCentral's site, especially on the forums, you will notice a very pro-Petra attitude. Someone started a thread called something like "The As Yet To Be Named Awards" in which he created his own "awards show." One of the awards was called the Ephemere, or comeback album, award and several people adamantly named Petra's Jekyll And Hyde as the comeback album of the year.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."