Calling Indiana and Kentucky...

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Calling Indiana and Kentucky...

Post by calicowriter » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:49 am

Make your plans now! II Guys are tentaviely set to do a show in Mitchell, IN (near Spring Mill) on Saturday, April 28th. You NEED to see this performance. Mitchell is only 61 miles from Louisville; 77 from Indy. I know that for some reason, a lot of folks from KY seem to think you need a passport to cross the bridge, but you don't. It's easy, and I've found that most Hoosiers are harmless. :)

Seriously, I hope you all will make every effort to be there. Details at JWS.com.
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

RockOn
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll and Hyde
Pethead since: 1982

Wander Indiana

Post by RockOn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:15 am

That's great news!

I was trying to get Sweetiecakes to let me go to the Bedford, Indiana show the next day, but she's putting up a fight! :x

Maybe I can convince her to let me go to this event instead. It's closer to me (only about 10 miles and/or 10 minutes from Bedford if you believe Mapquest). That would make it a less than 2 hour drive from my home.

My wife is always telling me, "I thought Petra retired. Why are they still putting on concerts?" Then I get to explain that it's not OFFICIALLY Petra, but it's II Guys FROM Petra. Non-Petheads just don't understand. :wink:

In a "Perfect World" I'd be at both since they're located so close together, but I don't think that's going to happen! She already thinks I'm "CONCERT CRAZY".

She may be right...a couple of weekends ago I travelled 2 hours to Franklin, KY to see Randy Stonehill. It was a nice laid-back acoustic performance.

BTW Cali...how's the book coming along?
0 x

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:20 am

At least they're getting closer! I'll try to make it up there, with or without an Indiana passport! :P Who knows, maybe they'll actually come to Kentucky soon!
0 x

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:35 pm

Oh, Ange, it's only a 2 hour drive for you. Load up the family in the back of the truck and haul 'em over there! :lol: Bob and John put on a GREAT show and it's fun for the whole family! And if you go, I INSIST that you go through the line to meet John and Bob. No ifs, ands or buts!
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:39 pm

I'm even thinking of coming "all the way" from Northern Illinois (almost Wisconsin). I'm pretty sure I don't need a passport to get into Indiana but can I spend the night without one? :lol:

I want my sister to come from St. Louis. She is no where near being a Pethead, but she was moved by John's testimony when he was on Life Today. I'm praying that it will all work out. :wink:
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:38 am

Haha! Yeah, we will definitely go through the line, but the people behind us won't be very happy, because once Brian gets talkin' to Bob, he ain't gonna stop! I just hope I can think of some things to talk about with John until Brian and Bob stop talking guitars! :wink:
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:25 am

Ange wrote:Haha! Yeah, we will definitely go through the line, but the people behind us won't be very happy, because once Brian gets talkin' to Bob, he ain't gonna stop! I just hope I can think of some things to talk about with John until Brian and Bob stop talking guitars! :wink:
Ask John if he has signed any pregnant women's bellies lately. :shock: :lol:
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 am

Umm...........okay, that would definitely be an interesting conversation! :shock: Is there a story behind that?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Hahaha, you missed that one. :) There was a couple at one of the concerts who were expecting a baby and John signed her tummy...In fact, the dad posts here. He will probably tell you about that one, it was pretty funny. :) I wish I had been there to see it.

There was a post about it here too, but I don't know which one it was or how to post the link to it or I would.
0 x

johnathan
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1972

Post by johnathan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:27 pm

ok I am the dad! The whole thing started as a joke between Sue and I.She didn't think i would do it. We went up to John and told him that we were having a baby and would like to give her something to remember Petra and Him by so we asked him to sign meagan's belly,and he was like sign your belly? and i told him that when we got home that we were gonna get it tatooed. The look on his face (PRICELESS). He got the last laugh though,he did sign it and it took a week to come off. WE have it on dvd. Tell him Baby Hannah is doing well.
0 x

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:11 am

Haha! I would have loved to have been there for that! I look forward to seeing all you KY Petheads in Hoosierville! :D
0 x

crossways
Pethead
Pethead

Post by crossways » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:38 am

carol d. wrote:I'm even thinking of coming "all the way" from Northern Illinois (almost Wisconsin). I'm pretty sure I don't need a passport to get into Indiana but can I spend the night without one? :lol:

I want my sister to come from St. Louis. She is no where near being a Pethead, but she was moved by John's testimony when he was on Life Today. I'm praying that it will all work out. :wink:
Where in Northern Ill.?

I spent some of my favorite years there when my dad was stationed in N. Chicago at the training center.

I went to Carmel HS in Mundelein, and even went to Cornerstone, before it was moved to Bushnell.
0 x
I KNOW my Redeemer lives!
- Job
www.crimsontruth.com/Forum.htm
www.crimsontruth.com

johnathan
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1972

Post by johnathan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:26 pm

we will not be able to attend we are having Hannah's 1st birthday the same day! Maybe John will call and sing her Happy Birthday!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:53 am

I went to Carmel HS in Mundelein
I've been there plenty.... my champion dog came from that town and I've made many road trips with the breeder.

You could always drive a few miles NORTH to Marinette, WI this summer for a II Guys concert on Aug. 25-26.

About the Bedford concert - it's not written in stone yet. The promoter is having troubles in getting a church to host this (long story), so the location is subject to change right now.

Jonathan - it's been one YEAR since Hannah's bday? Wow.... how time flies.
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Crossways: I live in Fox Lake; it's not too far from Mundelein. My hubby was stationed at Great Lakes when we met back in 1979. We went to Cornerstone sometime in the mid-80's when it was in Grayslake. Funny thing is, Bushnell is about 5 miles from my parent's home and I never made it to Cornerstone there. Where do you live now?

Sue: I saw the booking in Marinette and even looked to see how far. :) I've never been to that part of WI and am seriously thinking about heading up for that one too. I'll keep my eyes on IN and see how it shakes out. Thanks for the heads up.

If either of you ever find yourself near Fox Lake (or Mundelein), let me know....
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]