BTTR Must Be Selling Well

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

BTTR Must Be Selling Well

Post by Preacherman777 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 am

They posted this on their official Facebook page.
WOW! Thanks everyone for the tremendous response to the new album. We are hearing some intermittent reports of a somewhat stresed server.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Re: BTTR Must Be Selling Well

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 am

Right on, and we'll see what today brings too, today was going to be the official digital release date, but we'll see if sales go up again.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I hope it is selling well, because it's now appearing on pirate networks.

Someone signed up with links to download the album, this is not tolerated on the zone this hurts Petra, and is illegal.
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Petra Praise 2
Pethead since: 2002

Post by zak89 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:56 pm

From the blog:
Our ‘exclusive sneak preview digital download’ of the new record was a good idea, maybe too good of an idea. It ends up we overwhelmed the server so it is down until it is revamped to handle the mass traffic we are receiving.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Daniel wrote:I hope it is selling well, because it's now appearing on pirate networks.

Someone signed up with links to download the album, this is not tolerated on the zone this hurts Petra, and is illegal.
Oh come on Daniel. It is ok for poor Christians to steal music. It is only wrong for the rich to steal. Besides. It is only music. It isn't like a real product. If they were real ministers they would give it away for free.

Gee. I can see it coming. We have been there before. Someone is bound to say it.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:15 pm

People need to get a life, with more advance technology the more people seem to take advantage it.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:02 am

brent wrote:
Daniel wrote:I hope it is selling well, because it's now appearing on pirate networks.

Oh come on Daniel. It is ok for poor Christians to steal music. It is only wrong for the rich to steal. Besides. It is only music. It isn't like a real product. If they were real ministers they would give it away for free.

Gee. I can see it coming. We have been there before. Someone is bound to say it.
lol, that made my day.
0 x

ErioL
Pethead
Pethead

Post by ErioL » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 am

brent wrote:

I might have actually thought this at one point, until music became my livelihood.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:54 am

It's amazing when someone can't afford something they think God makes exception to the rule. I used to use the excuse that it was no different than your cousin making a copy of a cassette for you back in the day.

The thing is, this is on a greater level. All of the sudden you have thousands getting their copy off of one free file instead of those thousands buying it from the artist. Not only that, but the quality level of the free file is usually poor so you don’t get a good quality album, just a free one.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:43 pm

My question is, if people downloading music illegally can afford a computer, why can't they afford to pay for the music? Just a thought.

The solution is simple: You can't afford something, you do without. And music, although it has its place, is something that isn't necessary for survival. It's called living on a budget/within your means. I guess some folks don't see it like that though.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Shell wrote:My question is, if people downloading music illegally can afford a computer, why can't they afford to pay for the music? Just a thought.

The solution is simple: You can't afford something, you do without. And music, although it has its place, is something that isn't necessary for survival. It's called living on a budget/within your means. I guess some folks don't see it like that though.
That's a good point shell. Some people have computers given to them, but at the same time. How are they affording the internet. Most everything now is DSL or Cable which runs into a lot of money a month. So how are they paying for it? And it's not like they have to do without music all togehter, there are free internet radio stations that play music 24 hours a day. TheRightPlace anyone? 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Since sound and visuals went to digital and the Internet became standard, it's been downhill for the industry.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Since sound and visuals went to digital and the Internet became standard, it's been downhill for the industry.
The more technology brings us "do it your self" things, the more any industy is going to hurt from it.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:25 am

Guess you guys are having fun with your circle jerk of hating on people who download music. Whatever. I have no issues with it, and no amount of bashing is going to make me stop doing it.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 am

yo, when the link was posted to download bttr I had to test it to see if it was real. it was so I guess I downloaded it...
0 x