BTTR Must Be Selling Well

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Re: BTTR Must Be Selling Well

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Jonathan wrote:Image
It's Bud!!!!! :shock:
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

SCJ-7
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 1988

Post by SCJ-7 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 pm

This Means War! And the Battle... :lol:
0 x
"Never perfect but perfectly forgiven"...

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:18 pm

SCJ-7 wrote:This Means War! And the Battle... :lol:
You gave me a new idea with lyrics 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 pm

executioner wrote:
executioner wrote:
Matthew RJ wrote:
executioner wrote:Better on their shores than on ours!
Amen! Just like Jesus taught us!
Don't kill unborn babies, but let's go to war and rejoice as the bombs fall on someone else (their shores, not ours!)

And the American claim to moral / spiritual superiority is exposed as the sham that it is.

Show me Scripture where it says protecting your country and family is wrong. Same goes for War; give me some evidence!
I'm Waiting......
Many would point out that Jesus wants the world to do away with the old ways. His message is overwhelmingly of peace. People pick and choose what they want to believe, but it's my conviction that Jesus meant what he said in the Sermon on the Mount. I might be wrong, but it's what I've chosen--the Way that Jesus prescribes.
0 x

corolla1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by corolla1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Brent mentioned being against abortion. He didn't say anything about war.Why the knee-jerk-reaction? War has nothing to do with abortion.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Many would point out that Jesus wants the world to do away with the old ways. His message is overwhelmingly of peace. People pick and choose what they want to believe, but it's my conviction that Jesus meant what he said in the Sermon on the Mount. I might be wrong, but it's what I've chosen--the Way that Jesus prescribes.
Hmmm, I don't remember the Sermon on the Mount having anything to do with protecting your Country, as a matter of fact what about God’s children (Israel) fighting battles to take the land God gave them? Are you saying that God the son contradicts God the father?

And what does all this have to do with how Back to the Rock is selling?
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:17 am

brent wrote:
p-freak wrote:Different countries have different rules. I think the US rules are the strictest. In the Netherlands I am allowed to have a copy of any recording for my own purposes. I am not acting illegal if I download it somewhere on the internet. But it is not allowed to offer any recording to which you don't own the right for download. So the rules are a bit weird, but if I have tons of movies and music on my computer, I'm acting perfectly within the law.

But FYI, because I love Petra I purchased the download and I will be purchasing the CD as well.
Your countries immoral laws don't put you in a good position with the artists or God. Next time you go to a show, go shake the artists hands and tell them that you support them by downloading their hard work for free and see where that gets ya'.

It's immoral and biblically wrong to steal what is not yours to take.

It is legal in the USA for females to kill their babies. That doesn't make it right. Christians are not limited to the moral compass of the law. That comes from the bible.
I like the way you're assuming that just because I say that I'm allowed to download anything, I'm actually doing that... Just for your information: I still haven't got PDC's Mechanism, because I'm waiting for the CD release and I don't want to pay double for a download and a CD. But did I download it illegally somewhere else?? NO, I didn't. If ever I do download music, it's generally music that I'm not able to find anymore, or music that I own on LP. I'd rather have someone else do the ripping for me, cause I don't have the right equipment.

And anyway, if we would really adopt biblical ideas, then art would be free for everyone to enjoy. The whole notion of possessing things is so non-biblical.
executioner wrote:
Matthew RJ wrote:
executioner wrote:Better on their shores than on ours!
Amen! Just like Jesus taught us!
Don't kill unborn babies, but let's go to war and rejoice as the bombs fall on someone else (their shores, not ours!)

And the American claim to moral / spiritual superiority is exposed as the sham that it is.
No sham or shame here. We protected our country with a great offense; In war its never good to be on the defense; WAR IS A NECESSARY EVIL!!
Good ol' Aristotle used to say: 'this point of view is so ridiculous that it isn't even worth trying to argue against it.' I'm almost inclined to adopt his point of view, but then again, Jesus is (and has) the answer. He said stuff like turn the other cheek and love your enemy and instead of attacking your enemy, repay his actions with love. By doing this you will put 'burning coals' on his head and you will make him feel ashamed of whatever he is doing (says Paul somewhere). Undoubtedly you're able to find these verses in your own Bible, so I won't bother to find where exactly this is said.
executioner wrote:If the product you are getting off the internet originated from the U.S or from a country where it is illegal then yes you actually are breaking the law. Plus I'm not even getting into the moral part of the equation.
Nope, I'm not. The U.S. doesn't dictate the laws in the Netherlands. Even if it's forbidden in the U.S. to own a copy, it's perfectly legal in the Netherlands. We have our own laws and are not under American jurisdiction. But I know this is probably not going to appease you, since you probably feel and believe that America has the right to rule the world. America is not my moral compass and as shown above the Biblical compass doesn't always point in the same direction as your interpretation of it.

Enough oil on the fire... :roll:
0 x

SCJ-7
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll & Hyde
Pethead since: 1988

Post by SCJ-7 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:26 am

This Means War!
And the Battle's still raging
War!
And thought both sides are waging...
:lol:

Now, serious: I think that this topic is about how the new Petra CD is selling... not about War... 8)
0 x
"Never perfect but perfectly forgiven"...

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War

Post by knotodiswrld » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:38 am

Matthew RJ wrote:
brent wrote:Your countries immoral laws don't put you in a good position with the artists or God. Next time you go to a show, go shake the artists hands and tell them that you support them by downloading their hard work for free and see where that gets ya'.

It's immoral and biblically wrong to steal what is not yours to take.

It is legal in the USA for females to kill their babies. That doesn't make it right. Christians are not limited to the moral compass of the law. That comes from the bible.
I love the abortion reference here. It's wrong -Biblically- to kill babies as you say, but when it comes to war let's bomb them all to hell!

Matthew ... what the CRUD does this have to do with anything that is being discussed here? Trying to hijack threads to argue against something totally unrelated to the subject of the thread, as you are doing, is just tasteless and it makes everyone mad even if they agree with the point you are trying to make.

You want to argue against the U.S. war on terror? Fine! Go start your own thread on it. Those who care to debate you can do so there. In the mean time, let this thread remain about the topic of illegally downloading music.

Now, Seperateunion ...

I must admit that I am at a loss to understand your reasoning on the matter. Suppose you made your living as an cabinet maker. And one day you took all the cabinets you had made to an open air market and set up to sell them. For the sake of argument, let's say that your prices were a bit excessive, but that's really beside the point.

Now, let's say that while you stepped away to use the bathroom, someone came by with forklifts and pallet jacks and stole all your cabinets, loaded them into a truck, and drove them to another city and simply gave them away.

Would that be right?

Stealing a professional artist's music is the same thing. That music is how they make their living. When you illegally download, you are stealing from them the same way you would be if you took one of the "free" cabinets I mentioned.

I just can't conceive how any Christian would think this is right.

Brent and Others:

In p-freak's defense, he merely stated that the law in his country allowed him to do this, not that he believed it was morally right or that he would do so. In fact, he specifically stated that he intended to PURCHASE the music legally. I think there was some jumping to conclusions here.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:42 am

knotodiswrld wrote:
Matthew RJ wrote:
brent wrote:I think there was some jumping to conclusions here.
That is nothing new here...And neither is going off topic. :roll:
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War

Post by knotodiswrld » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Shell wrote:
knotodiswrld wrote:
Matthew RJ wrote:
brent wrote:I think there was some jumping to conclusions here.
That is nothing new here...And neither is going off topic. :roll:
True that it is not new ... but it's not right either. Jumping to conclusions like that only ruffles feathers and starts arguments that never needed to happen.

And going off topic is one thing. But going off topic in a way that is almost guaranteed to pick a fight is something else altogether. I think alot of the bickering around here would be stopped if we tried harder to stick to the topics of threads.

The amount of foolish bickering on here is starting to turn my stomach.
2 Timothy 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. 10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11 You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Just for the record, the topic of this thread was not illegally downloading music, so that too is off topic.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Preacherman777 wrote:Just for the record, the topic of this thread was not illegally downloading music, so that too is off topic.
But it was a valid point that was made about Sales might drop because people are already posting them on other file sharing sites.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:17 pm

knotodiswrld wrote:
Shell wrote:
knotodiswrld wrote:
True that it is not new ... but it's not right either. Jumping to conclusions like that only ruffles feathers and starts arguments that never needed to happen.

And going off topic is one thing. But going off topic in a way that is almost guaranteed to pick a fight is something else altogether. I think alot of the bickering around here would be stopped if we tried harder to stick to the topics of threads.
I understand and agree with what you're saying, but you can't very well beat people over the head and force them not to post stuff. The best way to handle it is to just choose not to let it get to you. Maybe if enough people didn't respond to off topic/jumping to conclusion comments it would minimize it, there is that option. It does take more than one person to keep an argument going. Just a thought.
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:21 pm

off topic jumping
oooh I can use that, something to have a new topic about
eh people would just talk about something else.
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)