Glen Kaiser shared a II Guys from Petra video

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Glen Kaiser shared a II Guys from Petra video

Post by Markus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi!

I even noticed this video and want to share it with you. Maybe it's old and everybody knows it already - but i think it's nice to find it on the top of Glen Kaisers website: http://gkaiser.posterous.com/

Regards!
Markus
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Glen Kaiser shared a II Guys from Petra video

Post by curt » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:43 am

Sorry to say but I think this is a great example of just going on and on using the name Petra while playing and performing in a way that is very, very far from the way Petra played when they were popular. As a fan of what they did I find it hard to watch this. I have heard Schlitt blame the industry, the radios and so on for not being friendly towards Petra. But there is another side to the story, and that is one of musical decline.

You might not agree. But compare this to Beyond Belief, Unseen Power or watch some of the performancen on Backstage Pass and I suppose even those of you who hold on to anything Petra does will see my point.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Post by trodLAN » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:49 am

I do NOT agree. To compare this sunday morning worship sermon with a rock concert from earlier days is completely out of sense and context. And they're no longer calling themselves for "Petra" either. This was an outdoor sermon in a place called "Mountain Church" at the Seaside Festival. I was there and recorded this show. Both II Guys and Kaiser played at the bigger main stage earlier that weekend.
I guess you're not into praise & worship music or acoustic music. It's not many artist that can do such a great show with only a guitar and a voice.
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Markus » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 am

curt wrote:Sorry to say but I think this is a great example of just going on and on using the name Petra while playing and performing in a way that is very, very far from the way Petra played when they were popular.
I got peace with all this stuff... I started to see Petra more than a project than a band. And beside this: They still have to pay they bills. So as long i can see them playing i'm happy! :-)
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 am

It's ok not to like it. I don't. I can't watch it. That doesn't make II Guys bad or me bad. It's preference. I can tell you that singers feel much better with a full band behind them. It helps their performance.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:26 am

curt wrote:Sorry to say but I think this is a great example of just going on and on using the name Petra while playing and performing in a way that is very, very far from the way Petra played when they were popular. As a fan of what they did I find it hard to watch this. I have heard Schlitt blame the industry, the radios and so on for not being friendly towards Petra. But there is another side to the story, and that is one of musical decline.

You might not agree. But compare this to Beyond Belief, Unseen Power or watch some of the performancen on Backstage Pass and I suppose even those of you who hold on to anything Petra does will see my point.
Isn't suppose to be all about ministry? It looks like that's what they were trying to accomplish and they succeeded.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!