my Petra Vinyl collection

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

my Petra Vinyl collection

Post by ricanrolear » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 pm

i wanted to share my collection with all the Petra fans out there :D
and feel free to share pics of yours too.
Attachments
shot_1302575432294.jpg
shot_1302575432294.jpg (509.21 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
shot_1302575206533.jpg
shot_1302575206533.jpg (470.39 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
shot_1302575193487.jpg
shot_1302575193487.jpg (423.96 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon

Muleya
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Not of This World
Pethead since: 1982

Re: my Petra Vinyl collection

Post by Muleya » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Very nice! I've got More Power To Ya, Never Say Die, Washes Whiter Than and Come and Join Us on vinyl. I pretty much recorded them tape as soon as I got them, so the vinyl itself has got very little play time...though I did play the intro to Judas Kiss backwards several times!! I have no turntable to even play them on at this point!

I think my whole vinyl collection amounts to about 8 albums...half of which are Petra! I bought Not of This World and Beat the System on cassette. The handful of albums I bought during the Schlitt years were all on CD.

As for vinyl, however, I suppose one day I'll inherit my dad's collection of jazz and classical albums...I really don't know how many...I'm guessing between 60 and 80 albums?
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:03 pm

That is an awesome collection, nice job getting Beyond Belief on vinyl!

Pieter would probably post a pic of his collection, but he would have to take a shot from 100 yards to fit it in the frame.
0 x

ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

Post by ricanrolear » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:37 pm

I was fortunate to find Beyond Belief, it's a Brazilian press I think, that's the only vinyl I've paid 20 bucks, but it was worth it :)
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:50 am

[quote=\"Daniel\"]That is an awesome collection, nice job getting Beyond Belief on vinyl!

Pieter would probably post a pic of his collection, but he would have to take a shot from 100 yards to fit it in the frame.[/quote]

More like 200 yards... And it keeps expanding. It would be a great project by the way to put my whole collection on display and try to make a couple of good photographs, but maybe that would only prove to myself how far gone I am. Besides, I don\'t think I have a room that\'s large enough for such a display.

That said, I don\'t have the Brazilian vinyl release of Beyond Belief, so there\'s something rare for me to look out for. I know it does have a different back cover than the European vinyl release. So there\'s always something more to collect.

I\'ve recently acquired a big lot of quite rare promotional videos and lots of other stuff (and it includes the On Fire Video Event - finally!!!!). A fellow collector decided to sell part of his collection. So after Easter (I\'m on a lent break now) I\'ll be posting lots of new info and pictures (and some audio / video) on my website. Check twitter.com/petraspective for announcements.
0 x

brunomonteiro
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: God Fixation
Pethead since: 1998

Post by brunomonteiro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:31 am

WHAT AN AWESOME COLLECTION!!!!

I have all Stryper's vynils too. :)
And only "More Power To Ya" from Petra.
0 x

neonpachyderm
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1983

Post by neonpachyderm » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:04 pm

I have _More Power to Ya_, _Not of This World_, _Beat the System_ and _Back to the Street_ on vinyl here. Once we get moved out onto our property, I'm absorbing Mom and Dad's vinyl collection into mine. I don't remember what else is out there, but I know they've got _Washes Whiter Than_ and _Never Say Die_ as well as another copy of MPTY.

We started out buying things on cassette, as they're a lot easier to deal with; the vinyl was picked up used, often years later. (I collect vinyl.) BTTS is probably the latest we have on LP...can you imagine how quickly we would have worn out TMW if it had been on record rather than cassette?

We have every Petra album in some genuine factory copy, and I have them all as MP3 as well.

OT: while we have all the Stryper albums, the only vinyl we have is _In God We Trust_ (which we also bought on CD.) Also various albums from Rez, Servant, DeGarmo and Key, Leslie Phillips, Philadelphia, Daniel Band, etc.

This pic is our entire vinyl collection, a combination of the stuff I had and the classic rock vinyl that my wife accumulated. There's probably this many records out at the house as well, although they're not all shelved like this.

Pardon the mess in the picture; we're in the process of packing up stuff to move out to our property. The small group on the top shelf isn't organized yet; it's new adds, including a pair of Head East records I picked up the other day at a garage sale.
Attachments
Zi6_0311.JPG
Zi6_0311.JPG (108.16 KiB) Viewed 2704 times
0 x