Some Louie Trivia

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
daveferrari
Pethead
Pethead

Some Louie Trivia

Post by daveferrari » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Don't think this is common knowledge. Everyone knows that Louie was with Randy Matthews before Petra...but Louie (and the rest of Randy Matthews Band I think), highlighted as the Bible Belt Boogie Band! They even recorded an album with one of my childhood heros Charles Mcpheeters. The album is called "Faces" and Louie gets drumming credit on the inner sleeve of the album. I've got multiple copies! Here is the front and back cover...sorry couldn't find a copy of the sleeve to attach and my albums are in storage. After watching Louie on the Classic Petra show I thought this would be a fun tidbit.
Attachments
Faces_Inlay.jpg
Faces_Inlay.jpg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
McPheeters, Charles & Bible Belt Boogie Band - Faces.JPG
McPheeters, Charles & Bible Belt Boogie Band - Faces.JPG (41.72 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Re: Some Louie Trivia

Post by p-freak » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Wow, Dave! That's a great find. This will be added to my website (and eventually to my collection 8) ). I knew Louie was involved with Randy Matthews. He is credited for playing drums on two of his albums: Randy Matthews (1980) and Plugged In (1981). I know Louie must have recorded some more albums before that, but up until know I only knew about an album called To The King! by a band called Hosanna from 1978 (http://www.petrafiles.com/petraspective ... eking.html). It's quite a rare album. I also have two Fireworks albums with Louie: Marty McCall & Fireworks - Up (1981) and Fireworks - Sightseeing At Night (1982).

Does anyone know of any other pre-Petra recording by Louie?

Some other trivia about Randy Matthews: original Petra has played some shows with Randy Matthews as his band in the mid 70s. I wish we could find recordings of those performances.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:21 am

http://www.sonrisemusic.com/shopplus/cmcpheeters.html

I couldn't believe my eyes when I found out that this album has even been released on CD...
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:32 am

I think I saw a guy in suit just like that on TBN.
0 x