Tickets on sale for all three Texas shows

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Tickets on sale for all three Texas shows

Post by executioner » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:43 am

I was planning on going to the Dallas show, but show location is really bad and ticket prices range from $28-$58 plus $10 min. for unsecured parking. I think they priced a lot of fans out of this one; its a shame!
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Re: Tickets on sale for all three Texas shows

Post by zman7720000 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:29 am

That is really difficult to believe. PETRA has always under priced their concerts. With that said, I would cough that up in a nanosecond to see those five guys!!"
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 am

Matthew RJ wrote:unsecured parking? Is there a risk in that location of your car being stolen / vandalized?

$38 for a ticket isn't bad ...how much do people pay for secular artists?
1. $28 before ticketmaster service charge;, I'm estimating parking rate, I've seen parking in DT Dallas as much $25. I will have to buy for 4 family members so I'm out about $120 to start; keep in mind these are the cheapest seats in a theatre that was built I believe in the 1930's so obstructed views are huge possibility.
2. Crime threat in that part of DT Dallas is somewhat above average and drugs and hookers are the norm. Too be honest I might only feel comfortable carrying my concealed weapon.
3. I've never paid more than $20 for a concert ticket, and I don't think I ever have paid more than $15 for a Petra concert. Plus we are looking at a 90 min show with talk. Most established secular artists play 2 hrs+ at that rate.

All I'm saying there are a lot better venues in Dallas that are available at that price.
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Wouldn't phase me in the least. If I were in Texas I'd go in a heartbeat.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:45 pm

I just paid 70 bucks to see Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger. Parking was free and the show was worth it. I haven't seen Petra since the 90's. I definitely paid more than 20 bucks then and hope to do it again! Don't let ten dollar parking scare you off!

WOW- just checked the Houston show! The Hobby Center is a great place- smaller theater though-$25-@55 bucks isn't bad! What? Tickets came up as $72!?! THat's 2 bucks more than Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger?!?! Still it is a nice venue. Probably not great for a rock show.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:46 am

Why so much for the Journey show? Where were your seats? The same tour just came to Dallas last month and I paid $21 per ticket and we were on row 23 middle front section. BTW that was a great show; Night Ranger had some equipment issues and only played 20 minutes, but Foreigner played 70 minutes, and Journey played just over 2 hrs. The place was packed.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 am

Sorry about being a pain the last day or two about the CP concert here in Dallas, but was a shock at the ticket prices and also the venue. We are on a tight budget and it will be tough for all of us to go, plus the location is really not fan friendly. I will say its a theatre that was built in 1920 and has been totally refurbished and all but most everything around it is pretty bad off.
0 x

CatNamedManny
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 am

I was thinking no more than $20-25 for tickets. When I saw the nosebleed seats are $29 before tax and fees, I also checked myself out. Can't do that kind of cost, plus the parking, gas to travel to Dallas and food when I'm there. I saw them for free in Nashville; that'll have to do.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:59 am

CatNamedManny wrote:I was thinking no more than $20-25 for tickets. When I saw the nosebleed seats are $29 before tax and fees, I also checked myself out. Can't do that kind of cost, plus the parking, gas to travel to Dallas and food when I'm there. I saw them for free in Nashville; that'll have to do.
It's $40 after taxes and fees per ticket and these are the nosebleeds in a theatre that really isn't all that great to begin with.
I wonder if there is an opening act and how long of a set is CP suppose to be playing? Will be longer then they've been playing(70 min)?
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:00 am

Anyone want to try and meet up for the Houston show? I'll have in laws in town and will need to pull a couple strings at work but am thinking about going. Only saw Petra once during the Unseen Power days. I was set to see them after No Doubt but ended up at a funeral instead. I'd like to see them every chance I get from here on out...I think the Houston show has built in meet and greet for the first few rows.
0 x