40th Anniversary Tour 2013

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Re: 40th Anniversary Tour 2013

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:46 pm

This is great news for me! :D

Since it is a 40th Anniversary Tour, I'm still holding out that they do songs from all eras of the band. Therefore, I could die a happy man if they busted out "St. Augustine's Pears", "Dead Reckoning" or "Perfect World"...hey, Bob wrote all three.

Plus, I could take my 11-year-old and 17-year-old daughters to the show with me.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Well I must say that I am extremely excited for Bob and John, anytime they receive an opportunity for a paid job is wonderful. however I would not walk across the street to see this performance I'm not trying to be dramatic, but as someone already stated we have seen this show for the last 10 years. regardless of what anyone says Christian is not a member of the band. I truly wish that classic Petra could have continued I've seen the incarnations of the band for the better part of the last 25 years and I truly believe CP was by far the best they ever were! That is my opinion. I know we each have our own but one thing I am certain of no one would have chosen these specific four men to represent the last 40 years of this band!
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 pm

I never got to see the farewell lineup so I'll go if given the opportunity. Matter of fact I'd go even if it was the same show because it is getting harder to see Petra with each passing year.
0 x

leonardo d.
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Not Of This World
Pethead since: 2003

Post by leonardo d. » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

...and the "Farewell" tour continues.
0 x
Will you be there when the big door swings open?

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:06 pm

rexreed wrote:I never got to see the farewell lineup so I'll go if given the opportunity. Matter of fact I'd go even if it was the same show because it is getting harder to see Petra with each passing year.

Same here, I've always gone to see any form of Petra or Classic Petra when the concert was within a reasonable amount driving miles and will always continue to do so. Since this will be the 40th anniversary Tour look for an all new set list with songs from each era of the band, and also look for some other former members to join in for some select shows.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm

zman7720000 wrote:Well I must say that I am extremely excited for Bob and John, anytime they receive an opportunity for a paid job is wonderful. however I would not walk across the street to see this performance I'm not trying to be dramatic, but as someone already stated we have seen this show for the last 10 years. regardless of what anyone says Christian is not a member of the band. I truly wish that classic Petra could have continued I've seen the incarnations of the band for the better part of the last 25 years and I truly believe CP was by far the best they ever were! That is my opinion. I know we each have our own but one thing I am certain of no one would have chosen these specific four men to represent the last 40 years of this band!

First off even though this is not your favorite lineup don't you think not wanting to even walk across the street to go see & support the Petra Ministry is somewhat harsh and I might say all fans respect Bob and if Bob says Christan is a band member then he is a band member.

I'm not the biggest Classic Petra fan, but have supported them by seeing 2 shows and also buying several BTTR CD/DVD's and also 4 t-shirts. You are right that there is probably nobody out there that would have picked these 4 members to be the focus of this 40th Anniversary tour, but I do have first hand knowledge that some former members will most likely be making some guest spots(Classic Petra members included) on the 40th Anniversary Tour, but unfortunaley I know of some that have already declined the invites.

The five main members that I would put up there as the ones I would have picked are Bob, John S., John L., Louie, & Mark K. with the others filling in as special guests.
0 x

GodGaveRock&Roll2You
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Come and Join Us
Pethead since: 1978

Post by GodGaveRock&Roll2You » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 am

I hope this tour hits New England big... I dont have any interest in the other bands, but Petra is worth the ticket price alone! CANT WAIT!
0 x

Dev
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1981

Post by Dev » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am

I think it would be a shame if we've seen the last of Classic Petra. Saw them recently and they were awesome! Mark K is my favorite member, so I'm especially interested in what's he's going to be doing this next year. I hope he does do studio work with John. IMO, it would be a pity if he disappeared again.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:46 am

I know nothing, no one, and I am proud of it. Is it possible (has anyone asked) if this tour might lead to a new record? :idea:
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 am

I'm not sure if anyone realizes it but the 40th Anniversary Tour & Classic Rock Tour w/Asia, ELO, & Genesis are 2 different entities. Us Americans probably have a better chance of seeing the 40th Anniversary Tour over the Classic Rock Tour.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:24 am

pmal wrote:I know nothing, no one, and I am proud of it. Is it possible (has anyone asked) if this tour might lead to a new record? :idea:
I've not seen or heard anything about maybe a new album, but you think if this is hugely successful that that would be a possibility. I do believe when Petra goes out with Asia there will be some new fans joining the Petheads. Like someone said Petra will rock their socks off!!
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 am

Is it possible (has anyone asked) if this tour might lead to a new record?
I would have to guess that it will greatly depend on how things go. Money is always an issue, so the level of support that this version of Petra sees on this tour may be the deciding factor in whether or not something like that may happen. The nice thing for them is that other than money, there should not be anything else beyond the bands control keeping them from doing it, as is the case with Classic Petra. So if the money is there and the members are willing, I don't see why it couldn't happen. I'd be happy to get a new album from either version of Petra, though I'd prefer to get one from Classic.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 am

I'm not sure if anyone realizes it but the 40th Anniversary Tour & Classic Rock Tour w/Asia, ELO, & Genesis are 2 different entities. Us Americans probably have a better chance of seeing the 40th Anniversary Tour over the Classic Rock Tour.
This is correct. Two different things, two different tours. And let's not forget that JOHN with HIS band is available too - as well as a possible John Schlitt/King James tour, plus a John Schlitt/Davi tour in Italy (Gueseppi Davi is an Italian singer; John and Davi did a duet of "Praise Ye the Lord" a few months ago - it is now being released to Italy and one of the largest Italian commercial radio has already picked it up! (apparently Italians recognize good music no matter what the genre). Check out the promo: http://www.giuseppedavi.com/1.html

John ought to be one busy boy in 2013!
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 am

If I read it correctly they are two different tours but the same Petra lineup?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 am

I simply plan to go to whatever shows I can make it to and enjoy myself. I hope everyone else decides to just go and enjoy themselves. Just sayin'. Greg's a great bass player, I'd love to see him again, and I'd love the chance to see Cristian play too. 8)
Last edited by Shell on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x