The Greater Cause

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

The Greater Cause

Post by brent » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:14 am

I listen to albums in a weird way. Why shouldn't it be weird when everything else is? I try to fully digest tunes one at a time before I move on the next. This is after I have listened to the whole thing quickly right after opening/downloading, of course. I still have not made it completely through John's record. Track 6 is the last to have really soaked through.

Far be it from me to be a hind end kisser, but this is really a good album. The track sequence makes it sound like a long record. It kind of makes me want more rock tracks. BUT, it is a great sequence none the less and increases the value. It is a journey. If you don't get what John is trying to say on this record and get hung up on your biases, you are really missing something great.

I have biases and my nerves were a wreck. After the last election, I had no place else to go but to God, because our country is in a tail spin and will not likely come out of it with an election. Old Ray Kurzweil (the same guy behind Kurzweil synthesizers, nanobots, and wild tech for the military) has been correct on his technical predictions in his books. He predicts by 2020 we will have our one world government, personal electronics will be embedded in us, and the movement of singularity will have come to fruition. I read a lot of tech stuff, and deal with tech daily with my job. It was great to hear John sing End of Fear and Hope That Saves The World. It was great to hear John let God deal with it. There is nothing we can do about anything. We can only do what we should.

Maybe I will get through the rest this quarter. Though I wish it had more rock tunes, this is a great album for John. This style fits him.
0 x