John Schlitt's Christmas album!!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: John Schlitt's Christmas album!!!!

Post by executioner » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:40 pm

2godbglory wrote:Any word on official release date?
Not really sure. the Kickstarter donators are suppose to get their Digital copy sometime next week with the physical copy(CD) coming soon after, but not sure when it will be available to the masses; hopefully all will have it by December 1.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

r_karlsson22
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire
Pethead since: 1996

Post by r_karlsson22 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:29 am

What about tomorrow?

“Legendary vocalist John Schlitt has announced a new release schedule for The Christmas Project. The Grammy and Dove Award winner’s first recorded collection of Christmas music will release digitally and through online retailers November 12, with a brick and mortar retail store release to follow in 2014. Originally, the release date had been slated for October 29.”
0 x
https://twitter.com/RickardWidgren
http://AboutRickard.com
Instagram: rickardwidgren

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:38 am

r_karlsson22 wrote:What about tomorrow?

“Legendary vocalist John Schlitt has announced a new release schedule for The Christmas Project. The Grammy and Dove Award winner’s first recorded collection of Christmas music will release digitally and through online retailers November 12, with a brick and mortar retail store release to follow in 2014. Originally, the release date had been slated for October 29.”
Once again I'm not sure I think its been changed again; plus the Kickstarter supporters are suppose to get their copies before anyone else and before the release date and we have yet to get our copies. I know they are running behind schedule and knowing with what goes on with getting something like this together(especially with no label) is next to impossible to get it out on time, but as a Kickstarter supporter I expect to get mine before the non supporters.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:47 pm

We're almost there, guys. It's been a rough road...

The Crew will be getting their digital download TOMORROW on a special password-protected site that Trodland is making. The password & link will be mailed out TOMORROW.

The rest of the world will get the digital download Nov. 19.

Then, as soon as the physical CD comes in the Crew will get theirs mailed, and the world will be able to buy it a week or so later.

SchlittShop is the place to be in either case - though it will also be avail. on all the normal download and physical CD stores too....
0 x

billM
Pethead
Pethead

Post by billM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Listening to it now!! I like it!!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Listening to it as well, not sure what to make of it yet... I am shocked.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Your thoughts D?
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Brent, I don't know what to say... It doesn't feel like a Christmas album, the first track was the one that really killed it for me, it just sounded off and rushed. Some of the songs have moments... but O' Holy Night is the only song that doesn't sound over done. I am happy to have another album from John even if the cover art looks like it is a flag from the Soviet Union.

I need to listen more see if it grows, but I have distinct feeling it is not going to change. I am a HUGH fan of John's music so this wasn't easy to say...
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:13 pm

I've listened to the first four songs and the first song was a surprise, I'm not sure if it fits into the theme. The other ones I've listened too are good, but to be honest I've got a lot of noises around right now and can't really get a good feel yet. It took me forever to figure out on how to get it over to my computer media player, and as of right now it won't load unto my MP3 player, so I'm listening to it on my laptop which really isn't the best for high quality sounds.
0 x

Jan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm just listening on my work computer right now, so not good audio....but as far as the arrangements, I love the Hallelujah Chorus! And God Rest Ye... - that one isn't one of my favorites but this one gets really good after a few seconds. That Spirit of Christmas is kind of different, I like it! We Three Kings is good too. I haven't heard all of them yet.
0 x

zak89
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Petra Praise 2
Pethead since: 2002

Post by zak89 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Wow.... wow.

I don't think I've heard John hit those notes since Back to The Street.

WOW.

I'll have more thoughts later I'm sure, but at first listen... I'm just blown away. Fantastic work, John and crew.
0 x

petrafied
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 2000

Post by petrafied » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:43 pm

I have listened to most of the songs! I love the Hallelujah Chorus, the guitar work is amazing! I kinda wanted the album to have more of that feel to it. I have never liked the drummer boy, so I will probably skip that song when I am in the car, but the rest of the songs are good! I usually listen to the classics during the Christmas season, so I like the songs that really show new stuff. I also need to listen a little more to get a good view on the album as a whole. The single, in my opinion, should not be the original song.
0 x
"Though the winds may blow and though the floods may grow I shall not be moved, ‘cause I am on the Rock"

"But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm

After listening to it now several times on a quality system I will say its not what I expected but I am really liking it. It has a true 70's feel to it with a little bit later stage Beatles feel and has a Fleetwood Mac vibe to it; Dan Needham sounds like a Mic Fleetwood clone in his style. It's not as rocky as I would like, but its really, really good.
0 x

thunderecho
Pethead
Pethead

Post by thunderecho » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 am

I enjoyed it - good album. My two favorite tracks are "Do You Hear What I Hear" and "Good Christian Men Rejoice". "O Holy Night" is a nice arrangement.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:40 am

If you caught John's interview last night, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/christian- ... hn-schlitt he said (and has said it before) that he wanted the songs to be true to the spirit and respect of the Christmas song, which means rocky - yet not blasting your ears out.

I think he hit that on the head.
0 x