Missed John Schlitt Concert

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Missed John Schlitt Concert

Post by adpetrafan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:41 am

So, I skipped church with my family last night to drive to Palmer Lake, Colorado for my first chance to see John Schlitt sing live. I was excited to see him, especially after having supported his two previous CD projects on Kickstarter. Unfortunately, even though it was mentioned on John's Facebook account a few days ago, and was still listed on the venue's web site as of yesterday, apparently the concert was cancelled. I sure wish someone would have posted that fact here, or on the venue site, or on Facebook, or all three. It would have saved me, and who knows how many others, a lot of time, money, and frustration.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Missed John Schlitt Concert

Post by executioner » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 am

On the official web site it shows that the show has been postponed which is where I would be getting the final confirmation of any show for any artist.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

adpetrafan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by adpetrafan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:34 am

I will grant that it says that today, but it did not yesterday. I found out about the show via Facebook. And saw an update from "john" about it earlier this week. I would have expected the change there. Oh well. It's in the past.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:25 pm

I certainly thought the promoter would have notified the ticketholders! I had no idea the promoter was going to cancel this... I got a call from the promoter only a few days before the concert.

I'm SO sorry you drove that far...
0 x