DREAM TEAM REUNION ANNOUNCED...you read correctly

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Re: DREAM TEAM REUNION ANNOUNCED...you read correctly

Post by gman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 am

I would take John, Bob, Peter Furler and Mr. Magoo. Just give me some new material. 8)
Seriously though, I would vote for getting Jim Daneker at Whine Cellar studios to do some strings/keys stuff to add. I like Jim. I'm assuming he's Nashville based. He's got samples of his work here: http://www.whinecellarstudio.com/WCS/string_demos.html
Looks like he did some stuff for Thousand Foot Krutch.
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Personally, I would like Hartman, Schlitt, and Lawry to do something, and then fill in the needed positions with the first guys that come along (Greg B. & Christian, maybe?) That would be WONDERFUL, but what would they do? To make it worth it, they could make an all-new album, but they won't. I think it'd be nice if someone new wrote the songs; the old guys do too much praise stuff for a good album. Of course, if they're just doing another J&H, then I'll send $20 to that, too.

Now we just need 3,998 more people to MAKE THIS HAPPEN! :P
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:29 am

...send your $20 to Sue. Fill up her living room with requests for the new record. She will love it.
Yes. Yes I would.

At this time - put your support behind Schlitt. You'll have more of a chance at hearing something new than getting it from Bob, I'm afraid.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:50 am

sue d. wrote:
...send your $20 to Sue. Fill up her living room with requests for the new record. She will love it.
Yes. Yes I would.

At this time - put your support behind Schlitt. You'll have more of a chance at hearing something new than getting it from Bob, I'm afraid.
True. Bob doesn't want to go the Kickstarter route so unless money or recording contract falls out of the sky like manna then its John, which I'm good with. I know it is a huge longshot but you never know what will come about with this one show, one song gig they have in Jan. So many artists have been revived from things of this nature with using Stryper & White Heart for example.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Well, getting paid in advance and selling 100% of the first pressing sounds like a good thing to me. It isn't a gamble. It's a sure thing.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Course you gotta have someone to plan the campaign, upload the campaign, run tbe campaign and keep track of all the pledges and who gets what reward. Then comes the labels, the mailing, the people who didn't get their reward - or whose credit card didn't go through.

Do you thhink Bob would be willing to do that? He would have to hire someone... more than likely.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:50 pm

I was willing to do all of that. I have done it for my other releases. But, it ain't gonna happen, so I am not worried about it.
0 x

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Petra is dead...miss them, miss them.

:wink:
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:56 pm

You didn't do a Kickstarter, did you, Brent? I don't remember any of that.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:43 am

No, I have none done a Kickstarter per se, but I have done all of the same processes before there was Kickstarter. There are so many hats on my rack, but lets just say I am the manager of a multimillion dollar business, so I not be sptuid... :wink: I have been an indie label, and have handled AP, AR, international shipping/receiving, contract generation and negotiation, artist management, recording, mixing, mastering, pressing, etc for PDC and others. I have sold and shipped over 40k units for PDC alone. So, 4k is not a big deal, if you are set up for it. Making the video is not a big deal. We shoot commercials, training and product review videos all the time at work. The only hurdle would be getting the music, the magic and the band to happen. No money or person can force that.

When soliciting a certain member to see if he would be interested, he said something that I should have thought of as an artist. It is totally understandable, given his age and experience. He said they would make it on their own, if they were to make one (an album). He had no interest in playing under or on some other parties project. My Kickstarter proposition provided mixing and mastering by two household name guys, who are mixing HUGE artists. Petra would have benefited from the guys portfolios and industry clout. They would certainly have a better shot at another Grammy nomination than they do now. It only made sense (to me) to say, "Hey, we will remove the stress of production". I thought this would be better than saying, "Here is some money, go do ALL of the work". This particular person said he would not take direction from someone else. Totally understandable. Some artists would rather live and operate in their own abilities and circles of success. Nothing wrong with that. I get it.
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:50 am

This particular person said he would not take direction from someone else
And if they had prior, not so good, experience under someone's umbrella, it's really understandable.

Something about twice burnt..?
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:36 pm

No, that wasn't the case with this person. This person has maintained a positive working relationship with all.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:51 pm

brent wrote:No, I have none done a Kickstarter per se, but I have done all of the same processes before there was Kickstarter. There are so many hats on my rack, but lets just say I am the manager of a multimillion dollar business, so I not be sptuid... :wink: I have been an indie label, and have handled AP, AR, international shipping/receiving, contract generation and negotiation, artist management, recording, mixing, mastering, pressing, etc for PDC and others. I have sold and shipped over 40k units for PDC alone. So, 4k is not a big deal, if you are set up for it. Making the video is not a big deal. We shoot commercials, training and product review videos all the time at work. The only hurdle would be getting the music, the magic and the band to happen. No money or person can force that.

When soliciting a certain member to see if he would be interested, he said something that I should have thought of as an artist. It is totally understandable, given his age and experience. He said they would make it on their own, if they were to make one (an album). He had no interest in playing under or on some other parties project. My Kickstarter proposition provided mixing and mastering by two household name guys, who are mixing HUGE artists. Petra would have benefited from the guys portfolios and industry clout. They would certainly have a better shot at another Grammy nomination than they do now. It only made sense (to me) to say, "Hey, we will remove the stress of production". I thought this would be better than saying, "Here is some money, go do ALL of the work". This particular person said he would not take direction from someone else. Totally understandable. Some artists would rather live and operate in their own abilities and circles of success. Nothing wrong with that. I get it.

I get where Bob is coming from, but at the same time I think of missed opportunities. Maybe he just doesn't have the 100% desire to do it anymore.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Everything has been canceled, right? We are almost there for the show in January and no official announcement yet.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:58 pm

It is not a show to be attended by the public. It has been announced as much as it will be, I suppose. Since it is by invitation only, there is no reason for a big splash.

https://www.facebook.com/ccmunited/phot ... =1&fref=nf
0 x