DREAM TEAM REUNION ANNOUNCED...you read correctly

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: DREAM TEAM REUNION ANNOUNCED...you read correctly

Post by fcollazo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:22 pm

What i meant was that Petra said several times through Facebook that an official announcement would be made soon from the Petra camp, but never happened.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:13 am

fcollazo wrote:What i meant was that Petra said several times through Facebook that an official announcement would be made soon from the Petra camp, but never happened.
So why would that mean things are cancelled? You're jumping to conclusions and speculating.

Like Brent said, there's an official facebook page for the event, you can follow Stephen Yake on facebook and see what he posts about the event (since he will be the video director) and it's been confirmed from various sides (read this thread) that Petra will be there to play one song, presumably I Am On The Rock.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:38 pm

It's not cancelled... here's the official press release from the folks who are promoting the event:
-----

“We Will Stand”

Celebrating 40 Years of Contemporary Christian Music

On January 21, 2015 more than 30 of the greatest artists in the history of Contemporary Christian Music will stand united on one stage and deliver a once in a lifetime performance of the top contemporary Christian songs ever recorded.

You are invited to join Michael W. Smith, Mercy Me, Petra, Newsboys, The Imperials, 4Him, Amy Grant, Steve Green, Sandi Patty, Russ Taff, Steven Curtis Chapman, Mark Schultz, Kari Jobe, Laura Story, Phillips Craig & Dean, and many other of your favorite artists for an evening of great CCM songs that continue to impact millions of lives around the world.

This event will be streamed live via the Internet courtesy of LifeWay Christian Resources, as well as recorded for television and radio broadcast at a later time. It will be available on DVD and CD March 15, 2015.

Proceeds from this event will benefit the Gospel Music Trust Fund, Show Hope, Voice of the Martyrs, and other well respected ministries.

This truly will be “the greatest night in the history of Contemporary Christian Music!” Don’t miss it.

For more information visit Facebook.com/CCMUnited or contact:

Sue Moser
[email protected]

------

This is an invitation-only event because they're looking to use it as a fundraiser, not a public event. But on the positive side - EVERYONE can watch with live streaming. I'm told that the streaming will fully be capable of handling all the fans that are sure to be watching.

That being said, there will be ONE song by Petra, and not exactly a full song either. But with so many artists you can see why things are being cut short. I'm sure this is not quite what Petheads were expecting.... but then again - everyone will be able to see it happening LIVE.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:14 pm

This is what I was expecting; yeah we could wish for more, but it is what it is. The thing that I would be interested in is if this could set a spark to something greater for Petra. I'm not counting on it just praying and hoping for something more.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Nope. Taylor Swift was the only one to scan 1M units...period. Frozen sold over 1M, but that was a total of 2013 and 2014 sales.

Here is a good little 3 quarter break down:

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n ... word-bleak
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:41 pm

sue d. wrote:...there will be ONE song by Petra, and not exactly a full song either.
So the "Dream Team" will reunite on stage to sing part of a song. Seems a bit pointless.
0 x

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Ya mountain man I feel the same way I contacted the guys and told them not to do it. We would prefer nothing over something because we are ridiculous fans that only want it our way... I gave them a plan and they are considering not doing the half song because it is pointless and they see that now. Seriously people I'll take what I can get and enjoy it and maybe the point is to raise awareness or maybe some money for a good cause or maybe to work on relationships with each other, or maybe something entirely else. What I am confident is NOT the main reason is our lame opinions on the petra zone.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:51 pm

petranite wrote:Ya mountain man I feel the same way I contacted the guys and told them not to do it. We would prefer nothing over something because we are ridiculous fans that only want it our way... I gave them a plan and they are considering not doing the half song because it is pointless and they see that now. Seriously people I'll take what I can get and enjoy it and maybe the point is to raise awareness or maybe some money for a good cause or maybe to work on relationships with each other, or maybe something entirely else. What I am confident is NOT the main reason is our lame opinions on the petra zone.
Why would they be considering not doing the half song? By now contracts have been signed and press releases have been sent out. They can't really back out now. And why should they?
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:18 pm

p-freak wrote:
petranite wrote:Ya mountain man I feel the same way I contacted the guys and told them not to do it. We would prefer nothing over something because we are ridiculous fans that only want it our way... I gave them a plan and they are considering not doing the half song because it is pointless and they see that now. Seriously people I'll take what I can get and enjoy it and maybe the point is to raise awareness or maybe some money for a good cause or maybe to work on relationships with each other, or maybe something entirely else. What I am confident is NOT the main reason is our lame opinions on the petra zone.
Why would they be considering not doing the half song? By now contracts have been signed and press releases have been sent out. They can't really back out now. And why should they?
He was attempting to satirize my opinion that this whole venture is rather pointless.

To petranite, they may not care about my "lame" opinion, but that's not going to stop me from expressing it.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:13 am

I agree with you, but everyone has their own opinion; I just feel ANYONE that is a Petra fan should look at what the actual concept of this thing and be happy that Petra was actually sought out by CCM brass for this and will be given some type of due for what they have meant to CCM. There are some out there that if they can't have Petra in a certain way then they don't want anything to do with it; I say feel blessed we got what we got.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 pm

http://ccmunited.com/ -- registration to view the live stream is now open.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:40 pm

This is the program:

Wednesday, January 21
6:00pm — Broadcast starts - BackStage with LifeWay Worship
6:30pm — Segment One - Opener
6:45pm — Segment Two - Radio Hits
7:00pm — BackStage Break
7:05pm — Segment Three - Inspirational
7:25pm — BackStage Break
7:30pm — Segment Four - Rock & Roll
7:55pm — Intermission - BackStage Interviews with Artists
8:05pm — Segment Five - Worship
8:30pm — Segment Six - Radio Hits 2
9:00pm — Segment Seven - Closing
9:15pm — BackStage Sign Off

Since 6.00pm over there is 1am my time, I'd be very interested to find out when Petra is scheduled to appear, so I can get some sleep before or after. Does anyone know?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

7:30pm — Segment Four - Rock & Roll

I would imagine this is the time.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:18 pm

That seems likely, but why not radio hits 1 or 2?
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:46 pm

As far as I know, any rock songs from Petra were never radio hits on the bulk of CCM stations. They probably didn't get much airplay.
0 x