THEY OWNED THE STAGE!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: THEY OWNED THE STAGE!!

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:24 am

Ronny is looking great. Is it just me or does Bob look 20 years younger? he looks 40 something...
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:04 am

Steven Yake produced a good chunk of Christian videos. He started in Tulsa and then moved to Nashville. He was originally affiliated with Willie George Ministries/Church on the Move IIRC.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:15 am

Dan,

Thank you for capturing and sharing on youtube. I ordered the DVD also but it was great to see it now, as I was unable to last night.

Thanks again!
Phillip
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:40 am

Yes thank you Dan for posting this I was working and was unable to stream it.

Ronny just can't stay still and brought some his vibe & energy to it(especially his facebook postings on it). They all are looking very good for their age and they really seem to be happy and excited to be there. My promoter buddy was there last night and he said the whole show was really good and all the artists were really engaging and post show several artists were commenting about on how Petra looks like they have been together all these years and really haven't changed all that much. His impression was Petra really surprised a lot in a good way and had a lot of people talking.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:56 am

executioner wrote:Yes thank you Dan for posting this I was working and was unable to stream it.

Ronny just can't stay still and brought some his vibe & energy to it(especially his facebook postings on it). They all are looking very good for their age and they really seem to be happy and excited to be there. My promoter buddy was there last night and he said the whole show was really good and all the artists were really engaging and post show several artists were commenting about on how Petra looks like they have been together all these years and really haven't changed all that much. His impression was Petra really surprised a lot in a good way and had a lot of people talking.
The E-Bros brought a heavy slick production to the music of the WHSCL era, but behind all that you still had top notch players. That shows in this video. Bob is solid.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Bob IS great. The amount of talent on that stage was just sick. Sick is good for those outside of the US.
0 x

Boray
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beat the System

Post by Boray » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Thanks for the video!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:41 pm

It was good to see these guys on stage together again, and there were quite a few people I liked back in the day participating in this too. And yes, Bob is and always has been a great guitarist. 8) I do want to invest in the DVD eventually.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:38 pm

executioner wrote:Yes thank you Dan for posting this I was working and was unable to stream it.

Why is it surprising? They toured together for years and were a close knit group of guys. It's like riding a bike. You don't forget some things.
0 x

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:41 pm

I was in the office and my wife was in the living room when I played this and she thought John sounded horrible, and I have to agree with her, not his best performance.

Also Ronny does not look good bald.
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:19 pm

shawnpfan2010 wrote:I was in the office and my wife was in the living room when I played this and she thought John sounded horrible, and I have to agree with her, not his best performance.

Also Ronny does not look good bald.
Really, I'd have to agree with those sentiments.

It's hard to believe that John's having trouble hitting the high points now, when just in '13 he was doing the highest notes in his whole career (on his Christmas album). Seems odd to me.
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:25 pm

My wife said John sounded bad too... I had to look past it, the overall performance was good.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:36 pm

I just realized John is 65 in 10 days.... I would like to see anyone try to hit those rock notes at his age.
0 x

Anton7
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Anton7 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:59 pm

John still sounded better than 2005 in the farewell DVD - he seemed to have no voice for that concert which was a shame :(
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:00 am

John is still an excellent performer and he can hit it all as we hear on his CDs and several live performances. The only thing is that the last 10 years or so I believe John's performance fluctuates because of the circumstances. Stuff like temperature and humidity in the room are affecting him much more than they used to. My guess would be that the air conditions in the hall were just bad for his voice.

Or maybe he just forgot his coke before his performance... or they gave him Pepsi. :lol:
0 x