Things that make you feel old

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Things that make you feel old

Post by cvs2kids » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:59 am

Not sure, but watching CITS and knowing they are younger there than I am know, made me feel ancient. Or maybe their life seems much more glorious than mine.

I need a nap. :|
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Re: Things that make you feel old

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

It makes me feel old just knowing that the Beat the System tour happened 30-years ago. 1985 marked the year I attended my first ever rock concert. I went to see Petra at the Ritz Theater in Elizabeth, New Jersey. I remember a few friends and I had to talk a couple of our church youth group leaders into skipping church that night and going to the concert instead. They relented, I think, partly out of curiosity and partly with the intent of showing us how bad Christian rock really was, but by the end of the show, they were cheering with the rest of the crowd for an encore.
Last edited by Mountain Man on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:03 pm

35 years ago this July I saw my first concert in Orange, Texas and it was Petra. This was Louie's first ever gig with Petra but he was not a full time member for another 6 months or so. It was Bob, Greg, John Slick, Louie, but can't remember who the bass player was. They did play a few cuts off the new Never Say Die album that had yet to be released, but for the most part stuck with cuts from Come & Join Us. I do not remember them playing anything off of WWT, but could have missed it. I was a fan from the first sound of the drums....
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:21 pm

The fact that I never was able to go to a Petra concert makes me feel really young 8) I wasn't even born until they were old news!
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:24 am

How about being able to remember vinyl records, 45s, cassette tapes, VHS tapes and not having a cell phone, cable or Internet? Or having one of the local high schools do a school musical called "Back to the 80s" several years ago? I guess the 80s would be a long time ago for someone in high school though. :P :mrgreen:
0 x