Petra Compete Tour list - help add missing dates.

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Re: Petra Compete Tour list - help add missing dates.

Post by trodLAN » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks, Rickard!
Dates are now added to the list! I think I have video recordings from these shows...

http://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/tourlistpetra.htm
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

r_karlsson22
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire
Pethead since: 1996

Post by r_karlsson22 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:37 pm

trodLAN wrote:Thanks, Rickard!
Dates are now added to the list! I think I have video recordings from these shows...

http://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/tourlistpetra.htm
Even that one from -99 (greatest hits tour)? I've never seen any recordings from that show. Btw, it was my very first Petra concert. I remember some of the songs from that night. Dance, Beat the system and Praying man.
0 x
https://twitter.com/RickardWidgren
http://AboutRickard.com
Instagram: rickardwidgren

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Post by trodLAN » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi! Gullbranna 99 is an audience recording of some of the songs, but the guy who recorded it asked me not to share it!
The 94 gig I have is a pro-shot, and I have promised not to share that one either. (As you already know :-)
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Tue May 12, 2015 6:51 pm

I love visualizing data, so I ran these dates through a spreadsheet and mapped em, so here's a Google Map of Petra Tours up through Wake Up Call. Since Google sucks and only lets me do ten layers, there's where I'm stuck. Some of you real web types can probably figure out how to do the rest. It's pretty neat, you can see how often they visited a certain place and how many stops in Michigan or whatever.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue May 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Nice work Jonathan!
0 x

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Post by dihigo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:29 pm

I was recently watching the Classic Petra documentary on the Back to the Rock DVD and heard Louie Weaver mention that he attended a Petra concert at Trevecca Nazarene (University) before he joined the band. Does anyone know what date this would have been? I didn't see it on the list.
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

krumer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by krumer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:02 pm

My parents met at a Petra concert on May 8, 1987 in Champaign, IL

I didn't see it on the list but I was hoping I could get a little help tracking down exactly what songs might have been played at that concert. My dad had a massive stroke last year that left him confined to a wheelchair and having difficulty communicating.

I would like to put together a cd of songs that were (or could have been) played at that concert for Christmas.
0 x

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock

Post by dihigo » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm

krumer wrote:My parents met at a Petra concert on May 8, 1987 in Champaign, IL

I didn't see it on the list but I was hoping I could get a little help tracking down exactly what songs might have been played at that concert. My dad had a massive stroke last year that left him confined to a wheelchair and having difficulty communicating.

I would like to put together a cd of songs that were (or could have been) played at that concert for Christmas.
Hey, Krumer! Welcome to The Petra Zone! Are you sure you've got the right date? Petra's tour archive shows they played in Champaign, IL on Oct 16, 1986. Either way, here's a video shot about a year before the date you mentioned. I'm guessing that Petra was playing a similar setlist (plus some songs off their then new album, Back to the Street) at the show your parents met at in 1987 as they had yet to embark on their "This Means War" tour. Below is their setlist.

Petra, March 12, 1986
Vennesla Athletic Hall, Vennesla, Norway
Live video performance of Petra with new member John Schlitt, along with Bob Hartman, Louie Weaver, John Lawry, and Mark Kelly. While John performed with Petra for the first time Feb. 3, 1986 in Australia, this Norwegian show was billed as the first official tour concert with John as lead vocalist.
Setlist: Chameleon, Stand Up, Clean, Second Wind, Angel of Light, Hollow Eyes, Bema Seat, The Coloring Song, Road to Zion, More Power to Ya, Jesus Loves You, Not by Sight, Judas Kiss, The Race, Praise Ye The Lord, Adonai, Godpleaser, It Is Finished.
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

krumer
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by krumer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Thank you. I'm pretty sure about the dates, my mom gave me the date. I'm going to have to do some digging. See if the date can be confirmed by the newspaper or by the Assembly Hall itself.
0 x

Dev
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1981

Post by Dev » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:17 am

I went to a show on 12/6/83 in Tampa, FL. I can't remember if it was at the Bayfront Center or the Tampa Theater, though. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of FL shows around that same time.
Dev
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:58 pm

I miss the days when they toured like this.
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

mjbjr01231976
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War

Post by mjbjr01231976 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:27 am

I did not see this date on the complete tour list but, I KNOW for a FACT that Petra played in Wilmore Kentucky, Spring of 1988, @ the Icthus Christian Music Festival. All I can tell you is that it was during the "This Means War" tour, they were the Saturday night headliners (and were actually REALLY good despite me being much more into thrash/speed metal and punk rock). I remember that day well as it was my very first concert. I was 12 and rode up with members my Church's youth group from about an hour south.

I remember it was a rainy day, but I THINK the rain had stopped by the time Petra played. I remember the very first band I saw that day (and honestly? My favorite - I STILL love this band dearly) was The Altar Boys. They just BLEW ME AWAY. Mike Stand playing his Fender Telecaster, just rocking out in the rain. It was such a great show for someone as into 70's and early 80's era punk as myself.

I wish I could remember the actual date, but I'm going to guess that it was in April. A Saturday in April.
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:06 am

I saw that a 1997 date in Puerto Rico was already mentioned, but that I know of, Petra has been in the island in two other times...

I'm not sure about the date of one, but it was a Revival tour and featured Quinton Gibson, Bryce Bell, and Greg Bailey. Louie was still in the band as well. I think it was 2002, and it was in the city of Carolina, PR, specifically the Roberto Clemente Coliseum.

The second one, you all probably have it, and it's last year's with Stryper. It was June 6, specifically in the Tito Puente Amphitheater, in San Juan, PR.

I might be mistaken, but I think I've read they were here in the 80's as well.
0 x

shaabyi
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shaabyi » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:04 pm

The April date for Petra in 1996 got rained out at Six Flags. I know I was there. THey still went to local Joshua Christian Bookstore to sign some autographs.

The concert got rescheduled to June 22, 1996.

Shaabyi
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:57 am

FWIW, Josh Renaud had a concert date on his website that's not included here (November 16, 1998 in St. Louis, Missouri). He also has a 2005 tour list, but I think they are all included here.
0 x