Adonai

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Re: Adonai

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 am

Nevermind... other posts answered my questions.
Last edited by Mountain Man on Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:34 am

Thief wrote:Any idea of which albums we can be sure he played on? Aside of More Power to Ya.
Wake Up Call is pretty much all Louie. I think Revival is 100% Louie as well. I remember reading interviews at the time where he said it was his favorite album to work on because he did everything from the temp track to the final mix. Obviously Captured in Time and Space is almost all Louie with a few exceptions (John Lawry's solo being one).
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Mountain Man wrote:
Thief wrote:Any idea of which albums we can be sure he played on? Aside of More Power to Ya.
Wake Up Call is pretty much all Louie. I think Revival is 100% Louie as well. I remember reading interviews at the time where he said it was his favorite album to work on because he did everything from the temp track to the final mix. Obviously Captured in Time and Space is almost all Louie with a few exceptions (John Lawry's solo being one).
Interesting. Casually, I was listening to Revival a day or two ago and since I had this topic in mind, I could've sworn it wasn't Louie. Mostly because the music and recording sounds so synthesized and different.

On the other hand, I was listening to On Fire! today and was paying more attention to the drums on that one. They sound great. Was that him?
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Thief wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
Interesting. Casually, I was listening to Revival a day or two ago and since I had this topic in mind, I could've sworn it wasn't Louie. Mostly because the music and recording sounds so synthesized and different.

On the other hand, I was listening to On Fire! today and was paying more attention to the drums on that one. They sound great. Was that him?
Brent knows more about this stuff than me, but I'm fairly certain that all of the Elefante Bros. produced stuff is all overdubs. In other words, Louie would play the basic rhythm, and they'd replace each drum hit with a sample to give the sound more "punch" and add other flourishes in post.
0 x