Never Say Dinosaur 2

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1993

Never Say Dinosaur 2

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:35 am

I know the first Never Say Dinosaur was not liked by some. But if someone were to make a sequel to the first one, what artists and/or Petra songs would you like to have included? I'm thinking maybe Disciple, Stryper, Decyfer Down, Guardian, Kutless, Pillar, Red, Skillet, Whitecross. The songs could be any of them not from the first compilation. Thoughts?
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Never Say Dinosaur 2

Post by pmal » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:38 pm

As far as I'm concerned, if that were to happen they could re-do any that they wanted, even ones from the first one. The best part of the artists of today doing that album now is that grunge is basically gone and they would not be afraid to rock. If that were to happen somehow, rock bands only please.
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:41 pm

The idea of the first Never Say Dinosaur was to put fresh, new bands/musicians to reinvent and play classic Petra songs, so I would probably go with fresher faces than Whitecross or Guardian. However, I'm not that familiar with new trends in Christian music so I don't know, lol. Skillet would be a good choice. Switchfoot maybe? Hahaha, I don't know. What new bands are IN?
0 x

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Post by dihigo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Let us never speak of Never Say Dinosaur again.
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

Thief
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Thief » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:32 pm

I didn't know NSD was so hated. If anything, I thought it was an interesting experiment. As a matter of fact, my first exposure to "Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows" was through Jars of Clay version.

For what it's worth...

I liked AudioA's "Taste and See", Galactic Cowboys' "Not of this World", Grammatrain's "Wake Up", and Jars...

I was "men" towards Sarah Jahn's "Yahweh Love", Sixpence's "Road to Zion", and MxPx's "Friends"... Liked them a bit, but not that much.

I didn't like Plan eye's "King's Horses" or The Stand's "Pied Piper"...
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:34 pm

As a matter of fact, my first exposure to "Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows" was through Jars of Clay version.
:lol:
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Maybe not the way I would have done it but I did like some of the offerings when it came out. I'm always eager to hear other musicians thoughts on Petra. BTW the the last song "FreakShow" on the latest Skillet album called Rise pays tribute to Petra in the intro of the song.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Post by dihigo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 pm

executioner wrote:BTW the the last song "FreakShow" on the latest Skillet album called Rise pays tribute to Petra in the intro of the song.
I just listened to "FreakShow" on YouTube. If you're referring to the "not of this world" line, I think Skillet was paying tribute to Jesus when He said, “My kingdom is not of this world,” in John‬ ‭18:36‬.
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:16 pm

dihigo wrote:
executioner wrote:BTW the the last song "FreakShow" on the latest Skillet album called Rise pays tribute to Petra in the intro of the song.
I just listened to "FreakShow" on YouTube. If you're referring to the "not of this world" line, I think Skillet was paying tribute to Jesus when He said, “My kingdom is not of this world,” in John‬ ‭18:36‬.

Yes that is the Scripture that line came from, but John Cooper is on record saying that specific line was put in there to pay tribute to Petra.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Thief wrote:The idea of the first Never Say Dinosaur was to put fresh, new bands/musicians to reinvent and play classic Petra songs, so I would probably go with fresher faces than Whitecross or Guardian. However, I'm not that familiar with new trends in Christian music so I don't know, lol. Skillet would be a good choice. Switchfoot maybe? Hahaha, I don't know. What new bands are IN?
How about Rend Collective doing Let Everything That Hath Breath? Or The Listening doing Creed?
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Thief » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:44 am

BriGuyPEI wrote:
Thief wrote:The idea of the first Never Say Dinosaur was to put fresh, new bands/musicians to reinvent and play classic Petra songs, so I would probably go with fresher faces than Whitecross or Guardian. However, I'm not that familiar with new trends in Christian music so I don't know, lol. Skillet would be a good choice. Switchfoot maybe? Hahaha, I don't know. What new bands are IN?
How about Rend Collective doing Let Everything That Hath Breath? Or The Listening doing Creed?
I hadn't heard neither of those, but I just heard Rend Collective's "Build Your Kingdom Here" and I could see them doing that song. I couldn't find anything about The Listening though.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:05 pm

The Listening is what used to be the Rock 'n Roll Worship Circus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Listening_%28band%29

I could see them covering Creed.
0 x