Schlitt Happens Shirt!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Schlitt Happens Shirt!

Post by Jonathan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:43 pm

zman7720000 wrote:How is this one? We could also do it in Black!
watermarked_small.jpg
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

jmslick
Founding or Official Member of Petra
Founding or Official Member of Petra
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1979

Post by jmslick » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:31 pm

shaabyi wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this shirt is a horrible idea?? Using Schlitt's name to make a few bucks when most people will see this shirt and 'hear' something else.
Shaabyi

I realize it's just a joke concept, but if you want to fool everyone with silly "Christian cussing" by implying the really bad word that real Christians never say because then they would feel guilty and all the otherwise holy people would know that the cusser is a dirty rotten backslider, then at least try to "blend with your surroundings", and put the CHAMELEON on the image, as illustrated.

Now, THAT was a first class, grade F run-on sentence!
Attachments
schlitthappens-chameleon.jpg
schlitthappens-chameleon.jpg (298.27 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
Last edited by jmslick on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:08 am

There is always the option of simply not buying the shirt if it's something you don't care for. I haven't seen anyone say people are required to buy it. Just my take.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them

Post by pmal » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:26 am

Look, John's ministry and rep is something we all care about. Sometimes love has to step in and you have to say that you don't personally feel that something is a good idea, especially when it's posted to a discussion board, and sometimes even if you feel like your position on the matter may not be popular.
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:30 am

pmal wrote:Look, John's ministry and rep is something we all care about. Sometimes love has to step in and you have to say that you don't personally feel that something is a good idea, especially when it's posted to a discussion board, and sometimes even if you feel like your position on the matter may not be popular.
Okay, there is nothing wrong with that idea. What happens after you have said what you think isn't up to you though. When it gets right down to it, there are bigger issues in life than a shirt that is a play on someone's name. And as I said, buying it isn't a requirement.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them

Post by pmal » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:59 pm

I agree, no one is forcing anybody. I'm not threatening to leave nor am I threatening a boycott or anything like that. I'm completely prepared to "get over it". Don't worry about me, there's no aneurysm on the horizon. This is just a bad idea IMO. I know that no one cares or gives a hill of beans what I think on a message board. But this is my hill and these are my beans. I personally think John's good name is worth a lot more important than a few bucks for a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" t-shirt and after watching what they (the band with John) went through in the 80's to get that good name, not to mention what others went through in the 70s and 80s, and experiencing some of the taunts myself for even listening. I want him to keep his, that is all. I don't think this helps that cause, but I am not all-knowing and there are plenty of folks in the world smarter than me. If it helps save someone from hell and isn't a bad influence on others, I hope they sell 1000 of them.
0 x
May the downforce be with you!