Photoshop No Doubt album cover

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
daffyduck7
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Photoshop No Doubt album cover

Post by daffyduck7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Is there anyone with really good Photoshop skills that could replace David Lichens with Bob Hartman on the No Doubt cover? I always felt Bob should have been on the cover since he played on the album. I have no idea how to do it and I don't have any good pics of Bob from that era. I hoped someone here may! Thanks!
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Re: Photoshop No Doubt album cover

Post by sickasadog » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:53 am

I'm sure that there are people who could do this, but would anyone care enough to spend the time necessary to do a decent job?
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:14 pm

Yeah, I don't understand the need for this. I mean, who cares?
0 x

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Post by dihigo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:54 am

I could do it, but why bother?
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead

Post by sickasadog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Yeah, Photoshop is not some magic software. It takes a lot of skill to combine two images that were not originally intended to be combined. Different resolutions, filters, lighting, formats, etc.

I have been complimented on my Photoshop skills, but I am nowhere near as talented as the pros are. It would take me HOURS to make the finished product look decent, and that's IF I have two decent low-generation (i.e. resampled as little as possible) images to work with.
0 x

daffyduck7
Pethead
Pethead

Post by daffyduck7 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:53 pm

It was just a thought I had...if it was easy for some one. Not a big deal. Sorry to have bothered anyone.
1 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am

Pardon my ignorance. Which one is Dave? The guy on the left of John?
I think it could be done using Bob from the Wake Up Call pic. Bob is standing in a similar position, with his hands in his pockets, and facing the right direction.
I've done a few things like this without Photoshop. Certainly it would be easier with PS, but I've done it by doing high quality scans of the originals, and bouncing between different programs to match colors, cut and paste, etc. I don't think I have those programs anymore.
It would be a fun little project for sure. I'm thinking the biggest challenge would be getting the background around Bob to not look all choppy.
0 x

daffyduck7
Pethead
Pethead

Post by daffyduck7 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:00 am

Yes, Dave is to the immediate left of John. Just something that has bugged me since the album came out. I thought in this day and age of PS magic, someone might be able to do something quick. Didn't mean to annoy anyone.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:37 pm

I don't think anyone is saying they're annoyed, they're just wondering about spending the time and effort for this kind of thing.

It might be a fun project for those who have the skills, but I know next to nothing about Photoshop so it's not something I could do. :P

And whatever anyone might think of this time during Petra's history or what might have taken place, it still is a part of the band's history. Just my opinion. I happen to like No Doubt. You may shoot me if you like. :mrgreen:

Oh, wait...It's Double Take everyone hates. :lol:
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:20 pm

I just don't understand why would anyone be "bugged" by seeing someone else in the cover of an album. It's not annoying, but eye-rolling :roll:

I mean, if we were to discuss the issue more deeply, it was Bob's decision to call it quits, and you still get to listen to him playing in the album, regardless of who's in the cover. It's a petty issue. Meh :lol:

For what it's worth, I agree with Shell. I think No Doubt it's a pretty good album. "Enter In", "More Than a Thousand Words", "No Doubt", and "Right Place" are all great songs. I also have a soft spot for the riffs in "Heart of a Hero", and I also have a personal attachment with "Two Are Better Than One". The other songs are not bad at all, but the album loses momentum as it goes on with too many slow and/or mellow songs.

It gets points also for being one of Schlitt's favorite album, or so I've read.
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead

Post by sickasadog » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:04 pm

daffyduck7 wrote:Yes, Dave is to the immediate left of John. Just something that has bugged me since the album came out. I thought in this day and age of PS magic, someone might be able to do something quick. Didn't mean to annoy anyone.
You didn't annoy me one bit. However, now that I've reread my responses to your post, I did come off as being that way. Sorry!
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:59 pm

Photoshop makes things funny.

0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."