JDB

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Re: JDB

Post by sue d. » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:11 pm

I wish I could find a way to open up the file I have... it's JDB's own words on what happened, which should clarify any questions anyone has. We talked, I taped it (over the phone) and typed it up. He approved the entire interview (we went back and forth, adjusting and correcting grammar until he was satisfied with it).

As Mountain Man said, all he was doing was trying to help this kid get on the right track. Unfortunately it appears he didn't go about it in quite the right way.
1 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:34 am

sue d. wrote:I wish I could find a way to open up the file I have... it's JDB's own words on what happened, which should clarify any questions anyone has. We talked, I taped it (over the phone) and typed it up. He approved the entire interview (we went back and forth, adjusting and correcting grammar until he was satisfied with it).

As Mountain Man said, all he was doing was trying to help this kid get on the right track. Unfortunately it appears he didn't go about it in quite the right way.
I'd love to see that interview. Is the file corrupted, or do you simply not have the software to open it? If it's a software issue, you can try opening it with LibreOffice which is a free and open source office suite.

http://www.libreoffice.org/
1 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Did someone just sensored and delete THE Most recent post by John slick?
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:40 pm

fcollazo wrote:Did someone just sensored and delete THE Most recent post by John slick?
What post are you referring to? The last one I saw was posted on October 2. If there was something after that, he may have chosen to delete it himself. Don't assume it was censored or someone else deleted it. PM me if you need to.

I don't have a problem with John's posts; he has some valid points. There is a place to speak up about something that is wrong, but it should be done with discernment...Particularly if you don't know all the circumstances or know the person. The Internet probably isn't the ideal place for that kind of thing; it's too easy for misunderstanding to happen when you can't see or hear each other. And bringing up stuff that happened years ago probably isn't the best thing either. Just my take.

Whatever the case, I love the work JBD did with Petra. 8)
1 x

jmslick
Founding or Official Member of Petra
Founding or Official Member of Petra
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1979

Post by jmslick » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:22 pm

fcollazo wrote:Did someone just sensored and delete THE Most recent post by John slick?
Maybe someone deleted my post. However, I have often posted something, then shortly after, delete it.
I'll probably delete my account and all my posts.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:41 pm

jmslick wrote:
Maybe someone deleted my post. However, I have often posted something, then shortly after, delete it.
I'll probably delete my account and all my posts.
Why?
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 pm

I did not mean to cause controversy but I found it odd that his last post right after Sue was just deleted. It's the post where he said something like "who cares, it's no one's bussiness" or something like that oh Sue's post about fiding a way to open the file. And I see his point as much as I want to read the actual interview where JDB discusses his side of the story. John Slick please don't leave. We really appreciate your presence here, your contribution to PETRA and our Spiritual growth. It might have been a mistake since the administrators here say they did not delete it on purpose. It was my fault for stating the question that way.
1 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:45 pm

John, I truly enjoy reading your posts and thoughts. I hope you continue to contribute.

Mountain Man, the file was made with MS Works. I DO have a Works program, but it just doesn't open it properly. Perhaps MJ (Guide to Petra) has the file in a readable format.

Granted, this was years ago and maybe no one does care any more, but my motive from the start was to give JDB a chance to say his peace to Petra fans from his side of the story. He wanted to tell it. We took it down years later at JDB's request (he was doing an interview, or job search or something like that and didn't want that part live any more). If people are still interested, I will keep trying to open it.
1 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:47 pm

The last post deleted was on Mon Oct 03, 2016 @11:29 pm. The delete was initiated by jmslick, which is perfectly fine.
1 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:16 am

I would be interested in reading what JBD has to say if you're able to open the file Sue. I'm interested in his story.

John, I've enjoyed reading your posts.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Ditto to what Sue said, I check in for your posts John they are really good, don't stop please. No one deleted any posts, people can edit/delete their own posts if they want. JDB got involved in some crazy stuff... Nothing grace can't cover.
1 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them

Post by pmal » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:27 am

The internet archive has the site archived way back, and you can read the interview for yourselves there if you go to https://web.archive.org/ and put in the guide to petra url and do a little work on your own. I will not direct link to it.

This is also a lesson that if something gets posted for a while on the web, it will always show up in history.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mountain Man » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:30 am

pmal wrote:I will not direct link to it.
Why not?
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them

Post by pmal » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:54 am

Mountain Man wrote:
pmal wrote:I will not direct link to it.
Why not?
It sounds to me like JDB didn't want it posted any more. But, I've basically told how to get to it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:11 pm

I've tried to get it that way and couldn't find it. I dug harder... and here it is. Though this arrest happened so long ago, it was a part of his life - and people here are wondering about it. I know most folks always like to read up on dirt and such, but I hope that this story clears some things up from JDB's point of view. That was the whole and only reason I did the interview back then - and now.

Interview:
https://web.archive.org/web/20030517041 ... dbjail.htm

CCM's Report:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020323023 ... icted.html
1 x