Live It Loud!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
wildmanpetra
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: WUC
Pethead since: 1985

Live It Loud!

Post by wildmanpetra » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:36 am

Attachments
IMG_0033.PNG
IMG_0033.PNG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 7277 times
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Re: Live It Loud!

Post by trodLAN » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:57 pm

This is great stuff. I enjoyed listening to the latest program with Rick Cua!
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:08 pm

can't find it locally; is it being streamed somewhere?
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

wildmanpetra
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: WUC
Pethead since: 1985

Post by wildmanpetra » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Go to johnschlittministries.org
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 pm

It's good. Needs to be twice as long or have guests do two-parters. Love details about connections, industry stuff. Would like it if they got more into the struggles and accomplishments back in the day. Over all, It's off to a good start.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:45 pm

There are a few more on there now: https://www.johnschlittministries.org/l ... d-programs
Keep in mind the shows that air on the stations are a bit longer...
0 x

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Post by dihigo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 am

Great to hear Bob's interview about Petra! I wonder if John will ever interview Greg.
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sun May 07, 2017 9:18 am

great interviews with all of them.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Sat May 27, 2017 5:31 am

Nice stuff here... Cool to see some of the pioneers of CCM being interviewed! I could probably give a whole list of people I'd love to see.. but I'll only name two.

Mylon LeFevre ... I think he'd have some really good stories + he's in Tennessee from what I last heard.
Randy Stonehill ... Ditto and he was part of both the "Jesus Music" era and the CCM era.

What would be really cool is if someone could do something like Daryl Hall's "Daryl's House" were different artist could just come by and jam :lol: ...

My only other suggestion is maybe do just a little research on each person so he has a basic understanding of their body of work and involvement in CCM and various projects, etc.

On Smiley and whiteheart. It'd be cool to hear a little about the story of the three albums ( Independence Day, Tales Of Wonder and Highlands). It was my understand that the three albums were supposed to represent different "phases" of a Christians life.

Had to update this and say thanks John for getting that song "Old Guys Rule" stuck in my head.. on mention of it and I had to go and listen to it. :lol:
0 x
The choice is life. Or the lie that comes from hell..

PetFanSA
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by PetFanSA » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:23 pm

I have a question. In the interview with John Lawry, he mentions him, Bob and Mark visiting Schlitt, etc and then later Louie was "back in the picture". Did Louie leave the band for a while after Greg left and then return when John was hired as the singer? I do know Petra wasn't sure if they would continue after Greg left, so maybe that's why Louie was out for a while?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Petra's ownership and business structure was based upon shares. Louie chose not to have shares in the Star Song days. I know this first hand, because when Picture This was signed to Star Song, Darrell Harris (Star Song's President) told us our contract and ownership docs came from Petra's. He told us Petra was "all-in" except for Louie, who opted to get his money up front, as a drummer for hire. If Petra wasn't touring, Louie was not making any money. Heck. Even when they were touring, sometimes they didn't make much money, because of all of the debt and soft sales.

Louie has always worked other jobs between Petra tours/shows. He drove (and continues to drive) tour busses, operated a painting business, sold water purification systems, etc, etc. Louie thought Petra was done when Greg left. I would imagine John L was speaking of Louie going on to do other jobs while Petra was in limbo. Nobody I have spoken with at Star Song or in Petra ever commented about Louie/band events from that era. So, it must not be newsworthy.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Its weird that Louie didn't want the shares in the 80's but was very hurt when Bob retired and sold all the touring portion to John S. Also to comment about Petra being in limbo after Greg left is really not that accurate; if there was anytime the group was in doubt was in early 1985 just after Greg left the band. Greg & Bob(mostly Bob) had decided in early 1985 that Greg would no longer be in the band but due to contracts and such Greg finished out the "Beat The System tour" and also due to the contract the band & Star Song had with JDB the band was required to complete another album hence CITAS; which was recorded in Oct/Nov 1985 and released in March 1986.

Bob hired John & Dino Elefante in the spring of 1985 to produce and record "Back To The Street" which was totally recorded without lead vocals in August 1985. John Schlitt was interviewed in June 1985 at his home for the position and came and did an audition during the recording of Back To The Street singing "Alter Ego" & "Thankful Heart". John was hired during that time and laid down the vocals for Back To The Street in December 1985 & January 1986 by the last week in January 1986 John Schlitt was on tour with Petra in Australia. Back To The Street was released in June of 1986. After the Back To The Street tour Petra was really in doubt and about the only reason why they continued on was due to John & Dino saying they wanted to continue producing and Star Song wanted more albums made.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 am

I know Louie had his feelings hurt. We could have some conversations off-line about this stuff all day long.

By "limbo", I meant for Louie. The band was without a singer and Back To The Street's drum tracks were recorded with MIDI mapped drum samples IIRC. Louie did overdubs, as seen on video, but that was the first time he was back recording/performing with the band (AFAIK) after the last BTTS show. People's memories change. But this is what I was told.
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:04 am

0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp