Jekyll & Hyde en Espanol

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Petraspective.com
Pethead
Pethead

Jekyll & Hyde en Espanol

Post by Petraspective.com » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:08 am

Check out Petraspective.com for the cover, tracklist and release date for Petra's new project, Jekyll & Hyde en Espanol.
0 x
Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Post by epdc » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:04 pm

CAN`T WAIT TO HEAR IT!!!!!!!
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:50 pm

Sweet, can't wait, I'll get it when it hits Ecuador. Will it be released all over Latin America on April 20?

I think one of my roommates lost my English version. I'm ticked!

From the song titles, it looks like the songs won't be literal translations, but should be close enough.
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:17 am

It is very hard to put english lyric en portuguese os Spanish cause of the language. English sound more melodic and you can build a phrase with many words in a song.

I am sayings tis cause I have made many of adaptations and songs with my brother. The importante is the meaning

Only a a example: BEYOND BELIEF in Portuguese you do not have a good word to this. You can say FANTASTICO, INACREDITAVEL. There are some peoploe that translate as al�m da f� or al�m da cren�a. Is is literal and it is wrong, cause Beyond belief is a expression. Al�m da f� is Beyond ffaith. And it is not this the idea of the song

Artur
0 x
Be happy

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

MICAH

Post by epdc » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:44 am

didn`t you know the eleven commandment??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"you shall not borrow a Petra CD". :shock: :shock:

You are right Corval, is hard to translate it, I think the phrase beyond belief means "something incredible" like, there`s a higher place to go, that is so incredible.

WOW, I discovered another meaning!!! this song has so many levels lol.
it also can mean " after you believed, there are still higher places to go", but I mean, how do you translate that?, at least in spanish is definitely hard.

What I like about english is that you can put many words on a phrase, if you wanna do the same with spanish for example, is hard because words are way longer ya know so is hard to do the same translation because then we need to put less spanish words so the size of the verse matches with the music ya know.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:48 pm

hello

Beyond Belief is "someyhing incredible" in portuguese.

Portuguese has the same problem that Spanish....

Another problems: EXPRESSIONS

We do no not have something similar to "you think is all she wrote" in "Righ Place"

It is an expression based on a history of a girl who writes a letter to her father..She gives up....
so because of it..This expression means that you hano chances at all..Its is the end.

Oh jesus
Lol!
0 x
Be happy

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:38 pm

Yes, "Beyond Belief" usually means "something incredible." In the case of the song, though, it has a slightly different meaning. Elo is right, it is simply referring to going BEYOND mere belief, and growing in your faith. :) Kind of a different use of a common phrase. The same is true with "Test of Time." You can see Bob's explanation of that in Petra Rocks My World's J&H HQ.

Speaking of Beyond Belief and translations, the "Coleccion Coral de Petra" or whatever it's called, by the Mexican choral group, translates it to "Al Mas Alla" -- "To the beyond" in English. They didn't even try to keep the meaning of the song ... it is TOTALLY different. It talks about heaven, and is actually a pretty good song lyrics-wise, but it has nothing whatsoever in common with the English "Beyond Belief" except the music.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

THAT`S WHY

Post by epdc » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:33 pm

I trust in my english knowledge when i translate the lyrics and don`t listen anything else hehehe.

what trauma, al mas all� OH MY GOD.

come on, don`t make me go to josh website, explain me here why the test of time phrase.

ANY NEWS ABOUT ANYTHING?????? ;)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: THAT`S WHY

Post by Kirkman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:24 am

epdc wrote:come on, don`t make me go to josh website, explain me here why the test of time phrase.
Elo, you should be ashamed of yourself. :P

In English, to say something has "stood the test of time" means it has lasted, it has endured. But that's not the way Bob used the phrase in this song. Here's his explanation, which you would have read if you had taken the time to visit my site:
The meaning of this phrase is a little bit different than what the title might normally indicate. Our test of time is what we do with the time we have. Do we make the most of what God gives us? It's got a big guitar sound.
Click here to see the actual page

So, Bob meant "test of time" as a literal "test" or "trial." Do we make the most of the time we have been given?

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

too nice

Post by Michael » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:29 am

Hehe... Josh, you were too nice. I would have just posted a link and made her click it. :)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Post by epdc » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:44 pm

AWWWWWWWWW JOSH LOLOL, THANK YOU.

I`m sorry, I think your website is great but I was too lazy to go over there and look for the explanation :lol: mi culpa :D I`m getting crazy here at home with many things I have been doing and I just hate when people say "go to the webiste" that makes me explode HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I know you would give me the link Michael LOL, you are as lazy as me for typing the explanation :wink: j/k
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:09 pm

it's SO much easier just to have someone TELL you the answer, rather than taking the time to look for it!

I agree with Elo.... sometimes life is TOO busy and it's easier to be lazy! lol!
0 x