II Guys in California - one week from now!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

II Guys in California - one week from now!

Post by sue d. » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:46 pm

Hey everybody,

just a reminder that John and Bob (and me, for what it's worth!) will be out in CA NEXT WEEKEND on Friday, July 20 in Palmdale, July 21 in Oceanside, and July 22 in Redlands (see http://www.johnwschlitt.com/promoters/tour.html for more details).

I know there are a number of CA Petheads here on the Zone, so here is your chance to SEE II Guys from Petra - live & in person!

We really need to support these promoters who are spending a lot of money to fly the guys across the width of the entire country, not to mention those CA Petheads who have donated to the Pethead Concert Fund in order to help sponsor the Sun. a.m. worship service with II Guys. It all takes money to put on a concert, and even a worship service costs the church money to pay the utilities, pastors, etc.

But most of all we need to support and encourage JOHN & BOB. This is a whole different scene for them, and while it's difficult to give up Petra, they're truly enjoying performing as a duo - and they hope you enjoy it too. Show that you DO by attending these concerts!

And if you can't make it to any of the concerts/services, you can watch a live webcast of the Sun. evening worship service, starting at 6:30 p.m. Pacific time here: http://www.packinghouseredlands.org/Index.aspx

In either case, if you're in CA - buy a ticket for one or better yet - BOTH concerts ni Palmdale and Oceanside, then plan on attending one (or both) of the Sunday morning worship services in Oceanside, and then hike on over to Redlands for yet another service (you can't ever get too much CHURCH, can you??!)

I'd love to meet as many of you as possible - who is al coming?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:57 am

I'm planning on being in Oceanside, and I'm going to try to go to the church service in Oceanside Sunday morning, it'll be fun. I know Susannah and her family are most likely going to be there, and they'll probably go to Palmdale and Redlands too if they can, LOL.
0 x

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1991

Post by SkyCaptain » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:25 pm

I'll most likely be at the one in Redlands! 8) If not, I'll be in Oceanside. I'm planning around something else going on this next weekend. Wish I could do both. Looking forward to meeting you Sue and seeing the rest of the CA Petheads!

Mark
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Well, if you can make it to Oceanside - please do! Because if they get a decent turn-out, there's a chance of having another New Year's Eve party!
0 x

corolla1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by corolla1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:51 pm

sue d. wrote:Well, if you can make it to Oceanside - please do! Because if they get a decent turn-out, there's a chance of having another New Year's Eve party!
Hey sue. how's vertical expressions doing sales wise. i hope it's doing well albeit it's only available on Bob's website. it's a great album. :D
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:11 pm

BTW, the slot in Redlands is a WORSHIP SERVICE. The guys are only playing 4 songs, so if you're looking for the full concert - make sure to go to Oceanside or Palmdale!

Not sure about the sales.... I've been concentrating on the concert end, I never asked about sales.
0 x

Mexican Spud
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Mexican Spud » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:52 pm

Got my tickets for the Palmdale Show. Can't wait!!!
0 x
[url=http://www.therightplace.bz/][img]border="0"%20width="577"%20height="109"src="http://www.therightplace.bz/images/downloads/Banners/TheRightPlace_577X109.gif"[/img][/url]

corolla1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by corolla1 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:14 am

sue d. wrote:BTW, the slot in Redlands is a WORSHIP SERVICE. The guys are only playing 4 songs, so if you're looking for the full concert - make sure to go to Oceanside or Palmdale!

Not sure about the sales.... I've been concentrating on the concert end, I never asked about sales.
Thanks Sue. In any event, I praise God for continuing to use John and Bob in a very effective ministry. I very much appreciate their ministry and will continue to pray for them.
0 x

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1991

Post by SkyCaptain » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:30 pm

Yea, I called The Packinghouse (Calvary Chapel Redlands) and they said that Bob and John were only doing a few songs as part of the worship service. Still sounds cool, though! I'll be there. See you guys tomorrow! :)

Mark
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:07 pm

I just got back from the Oceanside show, it was awesome! I need to get to bed, but I'll post more about it later.

Update: John and Bob minus a full band rock, they are very good with just them and the acoustic guitar, and John is sounding better than ever. They were relaxed and happy, and you could tell they love what they do. They led worship the next morning, and I went to that too, it was wonderful. I also got to see Sue, Susannah and Julie, it was good to see those ladies again.

Go see them if you have a chance.
0 x