Questions about John solo album and biography

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
krazykanuk
Pethead
Pethead

Questions about John solo album and biography

Post by krazykanuk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:56 pm

I know that this is rehashing some old questions but I would like to have an update from those in the know. I know John is busy all summer touring with Bob but I was wondering if his third solo album is still a go? What is it called? When is the projected release date?
Also, there was a forum a while ago about a biography about John that was being composed. What is it's status? Will it be released this year? Has it been shelved? (I hope not).
0 x

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 pm

I agree - if anyone can update us on this topic, I'd also be very interested!
Thanks
Andy from Indiana
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:33 am

I can't answer about John's solo project, but as the person who is working on the bio, I can say it has not been shelved. It will be completed, but I can't give a time for when it would actually be for sale. When I first started work on it, the delays were mostly John. However, in the past year, the delays have been on me and difficult issues in my life. But I promised God and John that I would do it and by golly, I will. :)
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 am

I can talk about the solo project, and John will talk a bit about it in his next newsletter (which we just recorded this morning).

The project is all recorded, but not mixed nor mastered yet. It doesn't have a title yet, nor a release date. This will not be an indie album like VE, but on a label (which one yet to be determined).

The album is produced by John's son-in-law, Dan Needham; Dan also plays drums. John's daughter Kari sings background on some of the songs.

John and Dan wrote the music & lyrics.

This is a very high class, high-production album...
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Dan

Post by Michael » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:11 pm

0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:57 pm

I look forward to this solo album, and the Bio when the Bio comes out i will buy 10 copies
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:18 pm

If you buy 10 copies of the book - you'll have to buy 20 of the CD! I'm listening as I type... whoa... WHOA!!!
0 x

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:40 am

Listening as you type!? Ok Sue now thats really just not fair lol! :D
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

suggestion

Post by gman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:28 am

Just a suggestion. I'm sure there will be samples available at some point. I know there are those who would probably love to hear the progession of the album. Like a sample of a song it's rough form, and then what it sounds like after mixing, and after mastering. I've listened to music where the guys ponied up to record in a studio and got junk, and I've also listened to stuff where guys that knew what they were doing recorded in someone's house with minimal gear and turned out a phenomenal record.
I'm always curious in a situation like this to hear what the recording sounded like prior to finished product.

GMan
0 x

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:04 pm

I agree with Schlittism33...Sue, that's not fair to mention such things!! :)
Just kidding! Looking forward to John's solo album. Please keep us posted!
Andy from Indiana
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Sorry to tease you guys like that... I just couldn't resist!

But honestly - it's an awesome album. I can't really compare it to anything he's done before... it's very different, but still with the 'signature style' of the SchlittMeister.

I am checking to see if it's possible to put up a clip or two in conjunction with the launch of John's new website - stay tuned!!
0 x

toolman
Pethead
Pethead

John's new album

Post by toolman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:57 pm

I was with Sue and the guys over the weekend and had a chance to here John's new album. You guy's are going to love this album!!! It is different form anything John's ever done before, but I loved it right away. The lyrics are going to grab you. He sings about some very powerful subjects. Musically it is excellent too. I can't wait to get my hands on the CD. I want share many of the songs with people I know because I know the lyrics will touch them as well. I hope it�s done soon! :D

Tim
0 x
II Cron. 7:14

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Sue can I bribe you for a pre-release of John's new album :)
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:56 am

Hehehee.... I might be open to a bribe only if you fly us all over there for a concert! :lol:

Honestly, I am talking with John & Dan to see about putting some clips and such up on the site... it's almost time to start the buzz!

We'll need ALL of your help too, to start spreading the word that John Schlitt is alive & well, and his chops are better than ever!

But most of all we need your PRAYERS on this project. You might think "well, John has done all this before - just follow the routine." Wrong - BEFORE he had a label, and had staff doing what needed to be done. Right now he doesn't have a label - and he might get one - he might not. That's why we need to pray on this, for a clear direction on what way to go and for the right people to be involved to make it happen. So please add John and his new album to the things you need to pray about.

We'll also have a brand new jws.com fan website to go along with the album, made by our very own Trodland! It's terrific.... we're keeping all the content and organizing it in a much better fashion - with a very up-to-date appearance.

Make sure to sign up on the mailing list http://www.johnwschlitt.com/index2.html so you don't miss the grand re-launch of JohnWSchlitt.com - coming in September!
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:50 pm

My ears are just aching to hear the new album...hope it's soon!! :lol:
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]