JOHN SCHLITT - SOLO CD 'THE GRAFTING' PREVIEW - ONLINE NOW!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:55 pm

Hey Sue,

I think the words gettin' round pretty good!! I posted a bulliten on my myspace and even got a few replies from people in my friends list who are excited for it!! I'm also gonna send word to Drew at www.head-east.com (if you havent already) he's often willing to advertise projects of former members' projects on the site or in a newsletter!

CANT WAIT ! ! !

-Stephen
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:16 pm

ah! I forgot about Drew....!

I'll give him a buzz.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:31 pm

This sample shows a very different style for John, I like the last song on the sample. I think it will need to grow on me..
0 x

Schlittism33
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schlittism33 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:42 pm

I Love It!!! I was online waiting at 11:59 and am now very excited for the albums release (coming SOON hopefully)

I really like the one that repeats "Carry On" and also the last one " They are only Men?" .. oooo Love John's vocal on this and the message is something that really gets me stirred up! I cant wait for the albums release so I can hear the songs in their entirety!

TWO THUMBS WAY UP JOHN AND DAN ! ! !

-Stephen
0 x
Your love came down.... and it saved me.... it saved MAaAaAaAaAYYYYY Yeah !!!!!

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:24 am

Wow... I'm really amazed. I have expressed my doubt about John pulling it off on his own before, but this really highly exceeds all my expectations! Sounds like he had an excellent team of people around him! Way better than the LnJ and PDC stuff he did. This does him justice!
0 x

crossways
Pethead
Pethead

Post by crossways » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:32 am

YES, YES, YES!!!

I hear some AWESOME things!

And songs about adoption?!?!? AWESOME, can't wait for the tears! I didn't know that John's kids have adopted children.
I would like to email John, my wife and mine personal testimony about God's blessing of adoption. Is there a good addy to do that with, or should I email you, Sue, and let you pass it on.

Sue, I want to pre-order ASAP. Whenever those details get worked out, put me down for at least 2 cds.

AWESOME!
0 x
I KNOW my Redeemer lives!
- Job
www.crimsontruth.com/Forum.htm
www.crimsontruth.com

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:35 am

Keep the comments coming! I'll guarantee I'll pass these all on to John & Dan.

Crossways, just send me an email for John and I'll make sure to get it to him. The complete song is a tearjerker for sure...

(btw, I just can't quite figure out how to code this banner it to make it LINK to John's site... doesn't seem to work the same way on this board as on Myspace or Shoutlife. Can any body give me a hint?)
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:42 am

To me it's very different, but AWESOME!!!
I loved it!!!

Thanks John and Dan for this great job!!!

I'm sure that all brazilian Petheads will love this new album.

God keep blessing you guys!
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

BForm
Pethead
Pethead

We Want More

Post by BForm » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:46 am

I'm really excited about this. I know I've been somewhat critical of John's solo projects in the past. However, several of the songs really have grown on me. The video of the Pethead convention helped me view a few of the songs in a new light. It was great seeing John perform them in a live setting even if it was digi trax.

This montage really has me pumped up to hear more. I get a little frustrated when I hear people get upset about an artist doing new things. I still love what Petra did with Double Take and I can't wait to hear more of this project.

So, in true Pethead fashion let's continue to show that we are never satisfied.

We Want More
We Want More
We Want More

Seriously Sue, I'm dying to hear some longer clips. And I have a question. Whatever happened to.......

"You pulled me kicking screaming from the ashes of dispair.
You opened up my eyes and You showed me how You care.........."

I still have that clip on my computer and play it every so often. :-)

Keep the news coming. Thanks.
0 x
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. - John Piper

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:23 am

I'm dying to GIVE you the full versions...! But for now this will have to suffice.

I"m glad you're seeing beyond the "let's rock it" thing and opening up to see a new side of John's ability. Yes, it is a bit different, but you still KNOW it's him. Those signature vocals are still there - better than ever!

The song you're talking about is "I'm OK," which was a track off the project that John was going to release a few years back (2001, I believe).

It's a long story, but to make it short: it just didn't happen and it probably won't. The tracks do exist; they're in the hands of the producer.

But they probably won't see the light of day, simply because THIS new album is so much better (and current). The other one would have to be re-done, and by the time you stick more money into it... you know how that goes.

But I agree... I really liked that song.
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:29 am

Sue,

I have cried a lot listening the promo file. Oh! God!

It is very good. You know that I prefer slowly songs and I am happy to see that John is exploring new styles of music.

THE MOST IMPORTANT: the central message of the album.

Family is the great idea of GOD, but unfortunately men are destroying it around the world. So, it is very opportune to discuss it in our album.

Sue, I have sent you a e-mail about oublishing it in our site.

GOD BLESS YOU!

Artur
0 x
Be happy

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:30 am

Yes, there are slow songs... but there is a song or two that definitely falls in to the rock category.

Artur, if you - or ANYONE wants to take this preview and post it on their site - PLEASE DO. Spread the word, and let everyone know that there is no retirement plan for John Schlitt! :wink:
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:26 pm

I LOVE IT!! John's voice is absolutely at its best! :D

The sound is fresh, yet reminiscent of the past. I am having a hard time putting my thoughts into words, but in some way I was taken back to the days of No Doubt, which had some fantastic songs on it. Not real sure how to express my thoughts except that I am EXCITED and it sounds FABULOUS!!! (I'll be sure to pass the link on to some friends.)
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:38 pm

And....the commentary from John makes this sample extra special. I love to hear the stories behind the songs. 8)
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]

GLF78
Pethead
Pethead

Sounds Good

Post by GLF78 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:39 pm

I have always been partial to the harder Petra stuff, but I'm also a sucker for a nicely crafted pop song with a good hook. This really sounds good. Can't wait to buy it. It sounds "radio friendly" but that's a world I don't understand anymore, so I won't get my hopes up.

Gary
0 x