Are old CDs still being manufactured?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
micah
Site Admin

Are old CDs still being manufactured?

Post by micah » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:01 am

Ok so I just bought Back to the Street, On Fire, This Means War, and Wake Up Call from Christianbook on CD (previously I just had them on tape). That makes me curious, are they still being manufactured occasionally or are they from a really old lot? Anyone know?
0 x

dragul_76
Pethead
Pethead

Post by dragul_76 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:42 am

As far as I know they're not manufacture them any longer, BUT they have a large stock to supply sellings. THe first ones beign Out Of Print are Petra & Come And JOin Us. I strongly recommend to buy the CD Package Petra Merchadising are offering. And for the two before-mentioned, well, eBay is still the place.
0 x
I have a secret that I let nobody see... Petra es la neta del planeta.

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:34 am

Everything that EMI owns (which is nearly everything) has been in print. Their focus has not been on CDs though. They were focusing on digital downloads. So look for them as MP3s.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 am

Oh, those mp3s & iPods... blah!

I still like a physical product in hand... I LIKE seeing album covers and artwork, I LIKE reading liner notes and lyrics...

Yes, call me old-fashioned. Yes, I even like to look at LPs (don't have a turntable, but LPs are fun to SEE). I'll pass on the 8-tracks, though I still DO have a player that works - and some 8-tracks too.

(but I FINALLY entered the digital work and bought a digital SLR camera... Canon XTI. Yes, MJ, I took the plunge. It's been sitting there under my tree for two days.... while my good old film Minoltas cry in their case).
0 x

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:17 am

Yeah I like physical CDs too. I can always rip them if I want them on the computer. And I despise DRM with a passion. I will probably never buy any content that is "protected."

Oooooh I want a DSLR. But my wife won't let me right now. :( Someone at work is selling a used Canon XT with lens for only $500. Would get it if I could. Aargh. Oh well I think I'd rather have a Pentax K10D anyway. So when me and my wife both are making a bit more in the second half of this year, I'll probably plunge for it.
0 x

WR1U
Pethead
Pethead

Post by WR1U » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:40 am

I agree sue I like a physical product too. I want to feel like I really got something for my money.
0 x
Down the corridor or life in between our death and birth
We may start to lose our way in the search to find our worth
Our value comes in the fact we live
Life is a gift only God can give

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:59 pm

micah wrote:Yeah I like physical CDs too. I can always rip them if I want them on the computer. And I despise DRM with a passion. I will probably never buy any content that is "protected."

Oooooh I want a DSLR. But my wife won't let me right now. :( Someone at work is selling a used Canon XT with lens for only $500. Would get it if I could. Aargh. Oh well I think I'd rather have a Pentax K10D anyway. So when me and my wife both are making a bit more in the second half of this year, I'll probably plunge for it.
Why the hate towards DRM?
0 x

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

drm

Post by Michael » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:20 am

brent wrote:Why the hate towards DRM?
All DRM does is cost me a CD-R to burn the song and then rip it to an MP3. So instead of a song costing me 99 cents, it costs me $2.50 plus aggravation. As you know, the music industry took digital music seriously far too late to really have any true control over it... they've been playing catch-up ever since.
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

micah
Site Admin

Post by micah » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:33 pm

DRM is fundamentally about restricting your rights in a way that is not reasonable.

http://defectivebydesign.org/
0 x