Does this have any connection to John??

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
cndfogie
Pethead
Pethead

Does this have any connection to John??

Post by cndfogie » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:46 pm

deleted
Last edited by cndfogie on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Musicians. Can't live with them, can't live with them. No, I did not mess up.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

gigs and such

Post by gman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:35 pm

I haven't heard the the whole story from both sides. It's my understanding from John's side that Timmy, and whoever else was going to in the band, didn't want to do the India tour. It's also my understanding from John's side that he wants to do gigs. I believe if John did a tour, the attendance would be good. However, the problem seems to be in finding anyone willing to put up the money to put on a John show.
I can understand Timmy's frustration, but I don't he needs to throw John under the bus. There has to be a good explanation for whole thing. He needs to keep praying about and knocking on doors. It might mean expanding his efforts and taking some gigs he's not that fond of. If it'd God's will for him, something will open up.
I thought he was studying to become a pastor? Maybe God wants him focusing on that instead?

GMan
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

where?

Post by gman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Where did you find this post? I curious what the discussion is like, if there is any.

GMan
0 x

cndfogie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by cndfogie » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:09 pm

stryper.net forum under the Title Tim Gaines 40 something...He put it on his myspace. Sounds like Tim has a bit of bitterness coming on.
0 x

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by microkoe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:15 pm

oh wow! I love Tim man! Being a fan of him , as he was a former member of my fav Band Stryper! (oops, can i say that here? lol) I was wondering why he wasnt on tour with John like he stated . On facebook , i left him a few comments asking why,, and never got a reply, but its all understandable!

Im thinking he is talking about Richard Marx,. He toured with Richard Marx last year that i recall. I remember when he started his own Bass player forum.. seems like their were topics that showed bitterness to the members of stryper. i could be wrong, but thats how i took it, it could of been another band but i posted a comment to him , saying i pray that the wounds from that time in his life would be healed. Seems like shortly after that.,those topics were removed. Just lift him up in prayer. We all have our Bad Days! on a good note.. he is venturing into the world of photography, and he has let me use some of his photos to a piano song i have written. and You , can see it right here! http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBL7SVf8BpE
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler

winterlens
Pethead
Pethead

Re: gigs and such

Post by winterlens » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:10 am

gman wrote:I can understand Timmy's frustration, but I don't he needs to throw John under the bus.
He didn't. There were no names there, and so what you've got is a lot of speculation. There's no real need to waste time on it, either.
0 x
DIA PISTEWS IHSOU CRISTOU

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:26 am

Well put Winterlens. You usually come through with a calm, logical, well thought out post when we need one. :)

None of these guys are saints, and I don't believe I've seen anything where they've claimed to be. The fact that Tim isn't working with Stryper any longer might say something about where he is at too if you stop to think about it. :wink:

Opinions and/or perceptions aren't a solid foundation to build anything lasting on.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Shell wrote:Well put Winterlens. You usually come through with a calm, logical, well thought out post when we need one. :)

None of these guys are saints, and I don't believe I've seen anything where they've claimed to be. The fact that Tim isn't working with Stryper any longer might say something about where he is at too if you stop to think about it. :wink:

Opinions and/or perceptions aren't a solid foundation to build anything lasting on.
I do know that the reason why Tim went his separat ways with Stryper is he wanted an ownership role that the other three members have with Stryper, and he was turned down. He has voiced his opinion about this the last three years all over the internet; Styper's comment was the mutally agreed to part ways and we all know what that means.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

i

Post by executioner » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:07 pm

It is all speculation that he is talking about John in this situation and until we hear from Sue or even John on this matter and I would perfer to leave this one alone.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Well, I wasn’t referring to or asking about Stryper’s circumstances specifically; it was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek observation about how the biz can be. That sort of thing isn’t really uncommon and supports my opinion which I’ve voiced several times that the business world stinks and sometimes it’s simply better for people not to work together.

I don’t see Tim’s post as necessarily trying to blame anyone; it looks more to me like he’s making some of his own observations on how the music biz can be. I’ve learned not to read too much into blogs or posts on message boards or to look for meanings or references that may not be there. It can be hard to know exactly what someone might mean when you can't see or hear them. The Internet shouldn't be taken too personally-ANYBODY can put ANYTHING on the Internet.

Winterlens and Exe are right; it’s speculation and best to leave this one alone.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

well...

Post by gman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:38 pm

It was said by Tim elsewhere that he would be playing for John Schlitt. I believe Sue also said that Timmy was to be the bass player for John's U.S. band if there was a U.S. tour. That was later changed to John and management deciding what to do for the U.S. band, whether to put together a different band, or continue with Stone Java. Timmy did say that the other band members had found other gigs, so it would make sense to continue with Stone Java rather than trying to find all new players to work with Timmy.
As for Timmy having an ownership role in Stryper, I had not heard that before. The only thing concrete I recall him saying was that he wanted to pursue other styles of music that would better showcase his playing ability.
The other band members have since signed over control of the band to Michael Sweet. Oz said this in a post he made on the official Stryper forum.

GMan
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Tim Gains is no longer with Stryper for many reasons as I recall.

Tim's playing was an issue. Mike Sweet has discussed it before. He told the reason why Tim was not on THWTD and Brad C recorded. Brad was on other recordings I believe. Tim was out of the band momentarilly then as I recall. Tim was on record stating that he hated metal music. He did not like Stryper anymore when it ended. He hated King James even more. He wanted to produce and do the jazz thing.

When Stryper reunited, Tim supposedly bashed the Sweet brothers. Stryper was their band, so, it's like Van Halen. The brothers can fight, but you can't fight with duh brotha's.

Don't know about the ownership thing. Why would someone want ownership of a band that isn't selling bookoos of records? Got me. I am doing that and it ain't no big deal. That doesn't seem like that's all that there would be to it.

That is what has been publicized by the Stryper folks in interviews, messageboards, etc.

I would hire Tim, but I have a great bass player recorded thank you. Greg Bailey freakin rocked it.
0 x

microkoe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by microkoe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:30 pm

yea i have been a stryper fan since 86! i have never heard about tim wanting some part of ownership. the autobiographies pretty much tells the stories that are being mentiond here...
0 x
Michael D Koehler

http://www.myspace.com/pianokoehler

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:56 am

Let me try and clarify a few things.

Tim Gaines et. al. did not want to go to India, which is their right. They were approached about it first, and declined the trip. Since the India tour was booked, a band was needed. That is where StoneJava came in.

That group was hired for the India tour only. Tim Gaines and his band is still the U.S. band.

Since it took quite a bit of time to organize the band for India, Tim and HIS band was inadvertently put on the backburner. However, his ability and contribution as the leader of John's solo band were never in question.

This was more a lack of communication to Tim on management's part, for which he has made amends. Tim is a good friend of Ricky's, and the original agreement of having Tim lead the solo band still stands.

cndfogie, since Tim deleted his blog (which was meant not to slam John or make people feel sorry for him but as a release of inner thoughts and frustrations) I would ask you to please edit (delete) your post here on the Zone as well.
0 x