PETRA'S LIVE CD!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Corval
Pethead
Pethead

PETRA'S LIVE CD!!

Post by Corval » Tue May 18, 2004 6:53 am

Well,

I think we can begin a strong call on this...
It would be great if INPOP give for all of us this gift. Look, Greg X. VOlz and other menbers of PETRA have been eternal in our memories with Capture and Time & SPace. So, I think John and the news guys need this too.

Imagine listening them rocking in alive album!!!

But I think some old and slowly songs could be in the concert...I miss the keys, but it coul be done. Old songs are incridible too.

For me all PETRA'S CDS are good!!!!! I do not agree with so many crticals abou Double Take, God fixation and others. So, I hope that in a next CD they could play some slow songs...LOL!

BUT I LOVE J&H. I listen it all the time!!!!!
Uhu!

Artur :lol:
0 x
Be happy

joe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by joe » Tue May 18, 2004 7:19 am

like you i wait for a petra albun`s live.
:D
0 x
stand in the gap

Peter_B
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Peter_B » Tue May 18, 2004 7:34 am

There is a ground swell move to get the upcoming reunion concert recorded. Check out the thread already started! There is huge support for a live album. The reunion concert would be an instant classic.
0 x
Yours,
Peter B.

"Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue May 18, 2004 7:34 am

Recently I was looking for people to sing and play on a recording project. I tried to get Greg X Volz to sing on it. He was too busy. (BTW, he has a new record that will be coming out soon. Check www.gregxvolz.com for details.) For the heck of it, I asked him how much money it would take for him to walk on the stage with Petra for a reunion show. He said that it will never happen, that he was not looking back from what God has told him to do. There are underlying issues that would have to be worked out as well, legalities, etc. What they would really have to consider is whether the market really cared for a reunion show. Many of us would, but the posters on the Zone are not representative of what the public per se.

As far as keys/synths being "in" or not, EVERYONE uses synths in the recording process today. Korn, NIN, Outcast, POD, etc. People use them to build drum and guitar sounds. The real argumant is whether "arena rock" is in or not. Def Lepard is still alive and kickin. so is ACDC, etc. If Petra were to move overseas, there is no doubt that they could sell more product and play more. I can site many, many bands from the 80's that have done so, and are still around today.
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: PETRA'S LIVE CD!!

Post by Kirkman » Tue May 18, 2004 1:44 pm

Corval wrote:Well,
I think we can begin a strong call on this...
It would be great if INPOP give for all of us this gift. Look, Greg X. VOlz and other menbers of PETRA have been eternal in our memories with Capture and Time & SPace. So, I think John and the news guys need this too.

Imagine listening them rocking in alive album!!!
Personally, I'm not so excited about the idea of a live album. I would much rather get more new, exciting music from Petra than a live album.

But regardless of what anyone thinks, John has said before he won't even consider a live album if the concert is anything less than a huge "event" before at least a thousand people. These days, Petra only seems to play shows like that overseas, not here in the U.S.

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

live album

Post by executioner » Wed May 19, 2004 11:11 am

Then let them do it overseas. A lot of the live DVD's i've seen in the last couple of years have been of concerts recorded in Europe. By the way according to Bon Jovi the reason they recorded "the Crush Tour" live in Europe was because it was a whole lot cheaper to get it produced and they knew it would be a sell out.
This summer Stryper will be doing some shows in South America and will be producing a live concert/behind the scenes DVD to sell in the states in the fall.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed May 19, 2004 8:22 pm

The music scene in the US just sucks, because we are so spoiled, have the attention span of 3.5 minutes, etc.
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Fri May 21, 2004 8:50 am

I love that PETRA is travelling over the seas.

It is a pitty that they not play so much in USA

Artur
0 x
Be happy

Peter_B
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Peter_B » Fri May 21, 2004 10:17 am

At least they play in the US. I can't remember the last time they came to Canada (Ontario to be exact).
0 x
Yours,
Peter B.

"Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven."

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Fri May 21, 2004 1:32 pm

Well, PETRA is a great ministry and we have to prayer for them. Only God knows what He has in store for them in the future.

I would love if peolpe gave more attention to them in radios...But iGod cares of PETRA. AND WE ARE PETRA PRAYER WARRIORS!!! I always love this NAME!

Artur
0 x
Be happy

micah
Site Admin

Re: PETRA'S LIVE CD!!

Post by micah » Mon May 24, 2004 10:04 pm

Kirkman wrote:Personally, I'm not so excited about the idea of a live album. I would much rather get more new, exciting music from Petra than a live album.
Exactly. If you want live shows, there are plenty of them that can be downloaded of events in the last few years. Like the live show from Ohio a few summers ago. It's pretty good stuff, and you can download it in video for free! :)
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Sat May 29, 2004 9:20 pm

Where I can dpwnload this show?
Micha?

Artur
0 x
Be happy

Corval