This thread cannot be ignored!!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:14 pm

I doubt they were being robbed per se while they were under contract with the record companies. Big companies are usually very careful to cover their rears by having stuff in writing. I do agree it was pretty rotten that Star Song and Word would release "Best Of" CDs after Petra wasn't with them anymore, but it wasn't actually illegal for them to do that. Whether it was ethical or fair is a whole other story, but things aren't usually fair in the big business world, the Christian business world either, unfortunately. And John and Bob aren't dummies; they know the ins and outs of the music biz.
0 x

PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Re: ....

Post by PetfanInCt » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:37 pm

Shell wrote:I doubt they were being robbed per se while they were under contract with the record companies. Big companies are usually very careful to cover their rears by having stuff in writing. I do agree it was pretty rotten that Star Song and Word would release "Best Of" CDs after Petra wasn't with them anymore, but it wasn't actually illegal for them to do that. Whether it was ethical or fair is a whole other story, but things aren't usually fair in the big business world, the Christian business world either, unfortunately. And John and Bob aren't dummies; they know the ins and outs of the music biz.
I'm sure it was legal to make money off the Petra name even know they let em go...

It wasnt ethical or fair.

As far as the Christian Music Industry it should be less "business" and more "Jesus" and more in the tradition of how the apostle paul did things.

Godbless

IN Christ
0 x
Thinking if I could see I would believe, then somebody said Believe and you will see.