A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Intro thread

Post by Shell » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

It's been awhile since we've done this and there have been several new people join, so I thought I'd start a thread where we could introduce ourselves.

I'm Michelle (aka Shell or Chelle). I live in L.A. and I've been a Petra fan since 1984. I have found I like something about all their CDs/albums even though I might like some more than others. My favorites are Beat the System, More Power To Ya, Beyond Belief and Back To The Street. I've been posting here since about 2002.

Best memory: Pethead Convention in Wisconsin in 2003. Fun times. :mrgreen:
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Re: Intro thread

Post by Jonathan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 am

I'm Jon. I'm the official Petrazone Spokesman. I live the midwestern paradise that is Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Been here since 02-ish. My favorite Petra stuff cycles pretty often, depending on the mood.

John Schlitt signed those Pethead mousepads on my back because there was no surface.

Meeting Enosh, Josh, Elo and Sue in person at the Cheboygan reunion blew my hair back.

Best Petra memory, going to the reunion show, and getting John DeGroff, Bill Glover, Greg Hough, Bob Hartman, John Schlitt, Greg Bailey, Paul Simmons to sign my Petra LP. The first incarnation and the last incarnation.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

CatNamedManny
Pethead Wikipedia Warrior
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am

Hi there,

I'm Paul. I live in West Texas, and I've been a Petra fan since around 1996. My favorite iteration of Petra also rotates around depending on my mood and what I've been hearing a lot (or overplayed) lately. On Fire! is always my favorite album though.

I posted here way back in the day, not even sure when. I remember Shell from back then though, so 2002-04 might be about right, but it seems like it might have been longer ago than that. Then I took a long hiatus, and now I've been back for a year or so, I guess.

I have my own blog now, where I discuss theological stuff as I prepare to go into grad school and get a theology degree. You might (or might not) agree with the stuff I put there. Based on the conversations we've had, I would guess a little more of the latter than the former. 8). Anyway, it's here: http://disorientedtheology.wordpress.com.

Best Petra memory is probably seeing them on the Farewell tour in Arlington, TX, though seeing Classic Petra at the Nashville taping is right up there, too. And I have a soft spot for the first time I saw them, in Providence back in 2000 on the Double Take tour.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 am

My name is Terry and I've been a Petra fan since 1980; I've been lucky to see every tour since Never Say Die and several tours like TMW!, BB, UP, WUC Tour multiple times. I've been on the zone basically from the beginning and been known to upset some around here, but I speak from the heart and I'm not afraid to put my opinion out there. The last thing I will ever be is political correct and that rubs some the wrong way, but I feel so be it.
My favorite form of Petra is the John Schlitt Era and my favorite albums are JAH, BB, OF!, and WUC.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:14 am

Paul, I didn't know you used to be here before! What was your old user name?

My name is Pieter (or Petraspective :lol: ). I've been around thepetrazone since 1998/1999 when we were still at the ccmboards or whatever it was called then. We then moved to thepetrazone.com and then in 2003 to thepetrazone.net. And I'm still here. First couple of years I was probably lurking most of the time (partly because English isn't my first language),

First album I heard was Unseen Power. Starting collecting in 1998. I have amassed heaps of Petra stuff, but mainly vinyl, cassettes, CDs, videos, DVDs, songbooks, devotionals and even some 8-tracks. I'm not much into magazines, posters, t-shirts and stuff like that.

Saw Petra 11 times in Europe. My favourite line-up would be Farewell Petra (w/ Paul), but that's probably because I've never seen original, dream team or classic. And the revolving door guys were nice, but when Bob came back I didn't know what happened to me! I thought the revolving door guys where good, but Bob just added a whole new dimension to the live sound. I just blew my mind!
0 x

CatNamedManny
Pethead since: 1996

Post by CatNamedManny » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Pieter, I'm not even sure I remember, but it was probably TexMetal4JC. I used that one a lot back in college.

EDIT: In fact, searching for that handle, I was here back in 2003-04, and we actually talked back then! How funny. I was here before that (my first post is a return post), so I was probably here around 2002-05 or so.
0 x
- Paul

A little disoriented. Getting reoriented.

Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Masada1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm Eric and I live in Indianapolis, IN. I've been a fan of Petra since 1986ish. I came to faith in Jesus through their "Beat the System" album. My first Petra show was during the "This Means War" tour and I've seen them live in the 30+ range. I finally realized a dream last November when I FINALLY got to see the lineup that brought me to the Lord live in concert in Franklin, TN.

I am the lead singer for a Christian progressive metal band called Torn Veil (http://www.facebook.com/tornveilindy) as well as a worship leader who also writes original music.

Favorite Petra memory would definitely be seeing the CP lineup live in concert after so many years and getting to talked to the all the guys in the autograph line afterwards.

EDIT: Oh, and I have also been on here forever. I was a part of the Zone when it was just a list serve, then onto ccmboards and every incarnation since (so since mid to late 90's). I mostly lurk but do post on occassion.
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

ricanrolear
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: petra en alabanza
Pethead since: 1997

Post by ricanrolear » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm Ricardo Sanchez, from Mexico City, i live in Nashville TN,
ive been a Petra fan since 1996, my first album was Petra En Alabanza, the Rock Cries out in spanish, for some time never realized they were from the USA, i just thought they had a funny accent :P
my fav petra memory was meeting Bob when i Bought one his "Petra 33" guitars,
i joined this year.. i guess.
0 x
there's a Light over the Horizon

mkepethead
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1985

Post by mkepethead » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:20 am

Hi.my name is Tim 39 years old from Milwaukee (mke) Wisconsin. I became a fan in 84 after hearing some of the kids at a youth retreat listening to Not of This World. I asked the bands name and of course was told it was Petra. Soon after, I purchased NOTW, MPTY BTS and, NSD on tape and was hooked. My dad took me and a friend to a concert on the BTS tour and my friend went forward and found Christ that night. I hope to see this line up in concert again soon.
0 x
Petra Means Rock!