A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Guitar thread

Post by Dan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:48 pm

After Edwards last post about Les Paul, I thought I would start a thread where Petheads can talk about their Guitar(s).. or the Guitar(s) they want to get...

I sold all my guitars when I moved to the USA, I just purchased got a Zion Powerglide from the mid 80's. I had been looking for one for a long time they appear on ebay once every few years, so snapped it up will review when I get it/play it.

next...
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:57 am

I've currently got a Fender J-bass on layaway and I'm eyeing up an Epiphone Les Paul.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Daniel, was the powerglide you bought creme color w/ black pickguard? If so that was actually my brother's guitar. He sold it on ebay about a month ago. I have a red powerglide w/ emg's. They're awesome guitars.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Rocksoup wrote:Daniel, was the powerglide you bought creme color w/ black pickguard? If so that was actually my brother's guitar. He sold it on ebay about a month ago. I have a red powerglide w/ emg's. They're awesome guitars.
Yes it would be the same one, the guy that brought it from your brother put it back on ebay after 30 days cause he lost his job.

Why did your brother sell it? these guitars are very rare Ken Hoover says they made between 300 to 400 http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... 66&page=10

How long have you had your red powerglide?
Last edited by Dan on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 pm

separateunion wrote:I've currently got a Fender J-bass on layaway and I'm eyeing up an Epiphone Les Paul.
Nice Bass Jason, I want it.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:26 pm

He sold it because he wanted to buy another zion guitar, one that used to be Bob's. It is the lipstick color zion that bob played on the "Dance" and "Destiny" video. He bought it from a friend of ours who was hard up for cash.
I've had my powerglide for about 6 years. It has a thicker sound than the one you have because of the active EMG pickups, but the one you have plays better, the action is better, but for no apparent reason. I'm glad that guitar went to someone who knows what those powerglides are. They don't even have serial numbers on them, at least I never saw one on them.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Rocksoup wrote:He sold it because he wanted to buy another zion guitar, one that used to be Bob's. It is the lipstick color zion that bob played on the "Dance" and "Destiny" video. He bought it from a friend of ours who was hard up for cash.
I've had my powerglide for about 6 years. It has a thicker sound than the one you have because of the active EMG pickups, but the one you have plays better, the action is better, but for no apparent reason. I'm glad that guitar went to someone who knows what those powerglides are. They don't even have serial numbers on them, at least I never saw one on them.
I guess because that were hand crafted to a great extent. That's really cool that he has that guitar Bob played on those video.. what a collectors item!
0 x

r_karlsson22
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire
Pethead since: 1996

Post by r_karlsson22 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 am

I own two of Bob's custom made guitars. One from the Super S series, and one Black Mamba. The Green Super S is great, and it really has the Petra/Hartman-sound. It's my favourite.
The Black Mamba is a fantastic allround guitar. I use it almost everytime I record in the studio.

I used to own some guitars from PRS SE, really liked those guitars too.

The guitar I want is a Santana III :) And why not; Bob's new Praise-guitar :wink: ... but the shipping to Sweden cost too much

0 x
https://twitter.com/RickardWidgren
http://AboutRickard.com
Instagram: rickardwidgren

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Very nice karsson. They look like good guitars to have in the collection.
0 x

knotodiswrld
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War
Pethead since: 1984

Post by knotodiswrld » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm

I have a Gibson Epiphone acoustic/electric. It has a nice sound.

The real story behind this guitar is that it was personally given to me by none other than Margaret Becker.

Okay, okay, so I won it in a raffle at one of her concerts in Birmingham, AL. But it is autographed by her on the back, and she did actually give it to me. This was before I met my wife, and I had a HUGE crush on Maggie B. at the time, so I was in a bit of a daze.

Her PR people took a picture of us with her arm around me, but never sent me a copy like she promised.

Probably best though. My wife reeeeaaaallllllyyyyyy doesn't need to see that picture. :wink:

Now ... if only I could actually play a guitar ....
0 x
The Master of The Earth became a servant of no worth
And paid a kings ransom for my soul