stryper

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
ny yankees 4ever

stryper

Post by ny yankees 4ever » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:16 pm

well this thurs i will attend my first STRYPER concert which is coming to Allenttown pa cant wait for that..i hope iam not dissapointed but what i have heard they are still rockin and putting on a great show..ill let you know how it went
0 x

Lanny

Post by Lanny » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:06 am

You will love the concert - get close to the front as they throw out shirts, guitar pics, and bibles. I went to my first Stryper concert last Friday. It was awesome but be sure to take a set of earplugs or at least some cotton with you! I am serious - many people were wearing them during the show. My ears were ringing for a day and a half after the show.
0 x

onnyII
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onnyII » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:27 pm

R they still rockin?

I tough they were "out of bussines"

Enjoy the concert!!!!

P.S. I'd like to be in your place... hehe I like that band!!!!
0 x
Yeap.. It Was Me....

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:23 am

Hey Onnie

Stryper broke up in the early 90s, I think about 91 or 92. But recently they released a new Greatest Hits package called "7 the best of Stryper" and they are underway as we speak on a Reunion Tour.

I saw an interview the other day, Mike Sweet said that everyone is back including the original Keyboard Player and the Buss Driver, and of course Mike's wife used to do the make up for the band. However they are not doing the Yellow & Black outfits this time. I think they dropped that gig back during the "against the law" tour.

Let us know, I'm gonna try to make it down to LA or Anaheim for either of those shows. It will be my first too.

8) 8) 8) 8)
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

petrageek80

Styper on Thursday

Post by petrageek80 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:10 am

I was at the Styper concert on Thursday in Allentown, PA, and although my ears are ringing, I have to say, they put on one heck of a show. It was probably the loudest "praise and worship" service I've ever been to, with Styper doing their greatest hits (a lot of which would make good P&W songs.

My one friend that I went with said that it ranks right up there with the time he went to see Van Halen in concert. I tell you, it's amazing that after 12 years, Stryper haven't seen to miss a beat. Sweet and Fox were absolutly amazing on guitars. I can't believe that Michael Sweet can still sing the way he does. Like Oz said, Micheal has a "throat from heaven". At the end of "The Way", Michael was able to scream "rock" for 12 seconds. Yep, I timed it.

If there was one word to describe the concert, it was "unbe-fricken-leavable.
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

We'll see...

Post by Enosh » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:41 am

I am going to see them on Sunday. this will be my first time seeing Stryper so I really am looking forward to it.

Enosh
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

AWWWWWWWWWW MAN

Post by epdc » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:26 pm

please guys, enjoy this concerts for all the people that won`t make it ok? we want a full report about it :) and if you have pics the better :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

ny yankees 4ever

4justice

Post by ny yankees 4ever » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:32 am

i also went to see stryper in Allentown pa my first stryper concert and yes i was right up front .but my thank god i got ear plugs...these guys still have their stuff and robert sweet is a totally mad man on those drums...i was really impressed with the guys and they havent lost a beat...i hope they come out with a new cd
0 x

onnyII
Pethead
Pethead

Post by onnyII » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:32 pm

bakersfieldpethead: well. the would be the only CD I don't have from Stryper. is it good? should I go and get it?

General: I never went to a Stryper concert :(.... I hope I will someday.... :)
0 x
Yeap.. It Was Me....

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

I'ma see them!

Post by PetraFan007 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:52 pm

I'm going to see them at the AXIS theatre in BOSTON on November 19, the LAST TOUR DATE they EVER do! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! I live about 100 miles (tops) from M.S. and I can't wait to see them! I hope they play "Something" and "For You", the new songs. I love them, and I wish they would release a whole album with songs like that. I really think they could go somewhere with that!
0 x

Fysherman
Pethead
Pethead

Stryper!

Post by Fysherman » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:44 am

That's awesome! I've had my Stryper tickets for a month and I'm going to see them next Tuesday at The House of Blues in Chicago. The tickets are great. They say "Bud Light presents Stryper!" :lol: Nice!
0 x

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:46 pm

I'm going to see Stryper too. For sure I'm going to the Anaheim and LA dates, and I might even get to go to the Nashville show. It's gonna RAWK!!!
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Stryper

Post by Shell » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:07 am

I'm going to do my best to make it to the concert in L.A., but it's still iffy. It would be easier if it was on a weekend instead of during the week, I'm in school on Monday and Wednesday nights so that makes it a little difficult to go to concerts on week nights. I have a paper that'll be due shortly after that too, so... :P Oh well. I will make an effort. Sheesh, that's coming up pretty soon too, I'll have to decide this next week.
0 x

pethead4life
Pethead
Pethead

Styper still ROCKS

Post by pethead4life » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:34 am

I just saw Stryper last night for the first time and man, they ROCK. I came away very impressed. They put on a great show, but they also made no attempt to hide the fact that they were a Christian band even though they were in a secular venue. It was awesome. The whole night, Michael Sweet was praising God and saying how awesome he was for bringing everything together. They ended the night by throwing fliers into the crowd encouraging them to get involved in a local church and then Michael ended with a prayer that had the clear plan of salvation in it. Everyone in that place knew that Christ was the only way to heaven. It was almost like an altar call, but without the altar call. It was really cool. I didn't get one of the Bibles or picks, but I had my hands on one, but couldn't get it.

Overall, I would highly recommend that people go if they get the chance. It rocks.

Hey Enosh, you said you were going to be there on Sunday, where you talking about yesterday in Milwaukee?? Where were you at in the room?
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Stryper

Post by Enosh » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:59 am

Hey Jeff,

I saw Stryper in Detroit last week. It was the best concert I have been to in the last 7 years!!! They did not hold back in anything! They didn't try to change the songs to fit modern styles, they played everything note for note, solo for solo, duel lead for duel lead, scream for scream!!!!

I can truly say that I could not have seen a better Stryper show if I had seen them in the 80's! It was perfect. Exactly like their CD's. I too saw them at a secular venue, and GOd was in that place!! You would never have known that these guys ever stopped playing together! I was truly BLOWN AWAY!!

I have always been a moderate fan, but after this concert I tell you I gained a big respect for this band. They were all over the stage having FUN. It was awesome!!!!!!

Enosh
0 x